Page 69 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1172
Like Tree749Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

My order of Synapse 25 and Swift going everywhere before coming to Singapore. Fast but not fast enough :P
    Name:  Ship.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  165.4 KB

I just placed an order for a Nordic/Steel WF. For traveling, I usually use my Aeronaut or S19, but I decided I could use something in between those sizes for trips that last about a week. That was my excuse for ordering the WF, anyway! I have an order coming in on Monday, but now I'm super pumped to get my hands on my new WF...especially since it's going to be the beautiful Nordic color! I had to order a piece of luggage in that color after seeing how beautiful it is face to face! (I have a small shop bag in Nordic and LOVE it!!)

I'm waiting on my Nordic/Ultraviolet WF as I write this. I agree. The Nordic is stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean.Tan View Post
    My order of Synapse 25 and Swift going everywhere before coming to Singapore. Fast but not fast enough :P
    This is the whackiest routing I have ever seen! Let's hear it for efficiency! Hope you don't have to suffer too much longer....

Quote Originally Posted by Sean.Tan View Post
    I agree! UPS should have an international hub in Portland for travel to the east.

Going all the way to Kentucky for Europe, the Middle East and Africa makes sense but not for countries on the other side of the Pacific Ocean.

It's here in Singapore now but scheduled for delivery tomorrow! I'm dying....need....Tom...Bihn.....

Name:  TomBihn.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  203.2 KB

It's almost home!

First post here... love TB products & how you engage with your customers!

It's counterintuitive but this convoluted routing is actually highly efficient. From an operations research standpoint, the hub and spoke system is highly efficient and lets a system operate with minimal idle resources or waste. UPS and FedEx both have massive centralized hubs in Louisville and Memphis, respectively, through which virtually all US origin and destination air freight flows. There is an interesting short video which shows how the UPS Worldport in Louisville operates. As far as Anchorage, again it seems crazy, but it is also a leading global logistics management hub with a huge portion of North America / Asia air freight passing through. Anchorage is within 9 flight hours of 95% of the world's industrial population and it lands more air freight (6 billion pounds) than any other location in the US (except Memphis, where FedEx has its domestic hub). In fact, it is the world's fourth or fifth busiest air transport hub and amazingly almost never closes due to weather.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I agree! UPS should have an international hub in Portland for travel to the east.

Going all the way to Kentucky for Europe, the Middle East and Africa makes sense but not for countries on the other side of the Pacific Ocean.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsteve View Post
    First post here... love TB products & how you engage with your customers!
    Welcome to the forums! And thanks for taking time to explain the smart logistics going on with those hubs.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Thanks giantsteve for the explanation! My Synapse 25 and wife's Swift is finally here. I am a happy man.Name:  IMG_20130909_190510.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  152.8 KB
    Darcy likes this.

I am new here. I don't even have a photo yet. I found Tom Bihn through searching for knitting bags and am in the group on the knitting site Ravelry. I am impatiently awaiting my first TB bag. It is the Swift (of course lol) in Aubergine/Aubergine/Wasabi. My fiance ordered it for me but I am not allowed to have it until our anniversary on November 15th. My name is Jennifer and his name is Brandon. We are doing on 6 years. I kind of can't believe it... and kind of feel like I have known him forever at the same time lol.

I have a long wishlist for accessories and hope to some day be able to afford to buy a cross body and a travel bag. I want a cafe bag... or 2 or 3. Also the Western Flyer and a Side Effect. I also know I will need many yarn sacks. Any who the waiting is fun because I am getting to learn more about how other people use and pack their bags. I can't wait to show off mine when I get it!

First time poster here, too. (Also a knitter, tho I didn't order a swift this time, hi Jennifer!). My first ever TB bag is on it's way to me. I spent all last weekend dreaming about the Tristar and the Aeronaut, and I finally decided on the Aeronaut and placed the order on Monday morning (aubergine/wasabi). Since then, I have literally dreamt about it every night. I'm not even going on my trip for another three weeks yet, but I can think of nothing else!

I live in Manchester, UK and I'm new here too, Jenivena (and also a knitter *wave*, though I didn't order a Swift because they're on backorder). I did spend all last weekend debating what my first TB bag should be, in preparation for a 2-wk US trip I have planned in October (part of which involves attending the NY State Sheep & Wool Festival). On Monday morning, I finally decided and ordered an Aeronaut in augergine/wasabi, along with a few packing cubes. Between the decision-making and the anticipation, I have now dreamt about luggage for literally the past 6 nights. UPS tracking says my Aeronaut is in the UK, and "in transit" with a scheduled delivery of end of day Friday. I'm in London for work at the moment, and I also expect to be home in Manchester by end of day Friday. Who will arrive first--me or my bag????

Mine finally came! I had to wait all weekend for it because I wasn't at home to pay the customs charge when UPS first tried to deliver it, and for some ridiculous reason, they don't work on Saturdays. But yay, finally! My trip isn't for another 2 weeks, but I already can't wait to start packing!

Scheduled Delivery:
    Thursday, 09/26/2013, By End of Day
    It's a long way to Thursday.

Page 69 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0