Page 68 of 110 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1645
Like Tree1904Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by cpau View Post
    Ordered a medium cafe bag in navy and some other bits and pieces last night, and 7 hrs later received shipping notification. Woo!

Now to wait the long, long trans-Pacific wait...
    Yay! Arrived today - almost exactly 2 weeks. It's beauuuuuutiful.

Just got a notice from UPS. They attempted delivery but my friend in Buffalo wasn't home. I'm having visions of them not reaching him, and it being sent back to TB in Seattle. I'm pretty sure he can go pick it up from the UPS depot. Hear that sound? That's me gnawing on my finger nails....only a 2hr drive separates me from my TB goodies. So close, yet so far!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOBaggirl View Post
    Just got a notice from UPS. They attempted delivery but my friend in Buffalo wasn't home. I'm having visions of them not reaching him, and it being sent back to TB in Seattle. I'm pretty sure he can go pick it up from the UPS depot. Hear that sound? That's me gnawing on my finger nails....only a 2hr drive separates me from my TB goodies. So close, yet so far!
    Ack! Was it the first delivery attempt? They usually make a few attempts before giving up, but requesting that it be held at the depot sounds like a good idea. Have you signed up for UPS MyChoice yet? It lets you track/set up alerts/reschedule delivery for all of your incoming packages shipped via UPS.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I found a solution to TB Anticipation Syndrome, but I don't recommend it at all. I ordered a bunch of keystraps so I could get the LE pocket pouch. Then I made a slightly bigger order the following week. Anyway on Monday July 15 the first order was due to be delivered and I should have gotten the shipping notification from the second order. Instead I came home from work, sat down and effectively passed out. I heard the doorbell ring, knew it was probably UPS with my order and couldn't get up. I'd come down with the worst sinus infection I'd ever had in my life. My asthma flared up and I lost my voice. I would not wish this on my worst enemy.

So like I said, it's a solution because for that week or so I didn't care where my order was or even it if it had shipped. But I'd rather have TB Anticipation Syndrome, it doesn't use up my sick time or require prescriptions. I've still got a cough and my voice is still spotty. Both of my orders did make it here and contained what they were supposed to.
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Ack! Was it the first delivery attempt? They usually make a few attempts before giving up, but requesting that it be held at the depot sounds like a good idea. Have you signed up for UPS MyChoice yet? It lets you track/set up alerts/reschedule delivery for all of your incoming packages shipped via UPS.
    I did call UPS to have it shipped to his work instead of home but it costs extra. My friend signed the UPS form and on the 2nd attempt it was left with the neighbour. I was supposed to go to Buffalo to pick it up last Sat but as you know, life can get in the way. I'm trying to get there this week, weather permitting. I have to coordinate his schedule, my schedule, and of course Mother Nature has a schedule that trumps both of us. Will keep you posted, and I'll make sure I take lots of unboxing photos.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaon View Post
    So like I said, it's a solution because for that week or so I didn't care where my order was or even it if it had shipped. But I'd rather have TB Anticipation Syndrome, it doesn't use up my sick time or require prescriptions. I've still got a cough and my voice is still spotty. Both of my orders did make it here and contained what they were supposed to.
    Ugh, that sounds awful. Glad you're on the mend.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

And it begins had my Synapse 25 for about 2 months and place an order for a bunch of accessories. Had to try to restrain myself. Already working on the next wish list. At least in on the west coast so the wait won't be too bad.

Long time lurker, first time poster

I fell in love with the Synapse 19 when I came across Allison Levine's One Woman’s Minimalist / Ultralight Packing List and I've been reading reviews and scanning through the forums for the past several weeks - contemplating bags and fabrics and colors... oh my! I thought about buying the S19 and the S25 to compare, but I waited too long and the S25 sold out. I eventually took that as a sign from the universe that I'm meant to own the S19, and I finally bit the bullet and ordered mine today in steel dyneema/uv. I squeaked in my order at 12:28 pacific time so I'm hopeful (!) it arrives in time for my long weekend trip to Nashville - I leave next Friday afternoon. I'm also hopeful this is the answer to my minimalist travel dreams, and that I can manage to make it work for one bag, colder weather travel, as well. (That's a topic for another forum, though...)

Ahh, the TBAS is already getting to me! Can't wait for my shipping notice (Ha, ask and ye shall receive - as soon as I wrote that, my shipping notification appeared in my email, with a delivery date of next Thursday - score! Thanks, amazing TB staff!)

45 minutes down, 7 days to go!
    Darcy likes this.

Look what I got! It only took a 2 hr drive to Buffalo, and an hour wait at the border (agh!) but I got my box with Hawaiian box art! I'm stoked to say the least. I luv everything I bought. I'm so excited I'm sitting in Chilis restaurant writing this and taking photos. Mahalo!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  307.6 KB
    Darcy likes this.

Hmm, I posted in this thread a few days ago but it never appeared...

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my first TB bag, a Synapse 19, ordered three days ago and set to arrive this Thursday!!! I'll be packing it as my one bag for a long weekend trip and leaving for Nashville the next day! My trips over the past few years have been leading up to this - I've gradually worked my way from large checked luggage to carry-on size + personal items... but I've always wanted to travel lighter and with less stuff. I've been infatuated with this bag for weeks, if not months, and I daydream about packing it up and toting it around. I hate to wish away precious days of my life, but if doing so makes my bag arrive any sooner then I'll take it

My current TBAS episode will end soon. Just got my tracking number for my current order. Should be here Friday!

In sure they wanted to ship my order before I made changes to the 4th time.

Good news is that I'll definitely have plenty of time to try out my synapse 25 before my Hawaii trip.

And now I can (mostly) breathe a sigh of relief... my Synapse is here!

When I woke up this morning, I told myself how ridiculous I'd been for feeling like I couldn't wait a week for my bag - the delivery day came before I knew it. But then I sat in my office for over four hours, wondering when I'd here the jolly greeting of the UPS man. I refreshed the tracking page on UPS hoping for some magical update like "it's right around the corner!" When an unexpected visitor stopped by the office, I was crushed that it wasn't my package. But, lo and behold, it did arrive - right around lunchtime. I took a short break from my work to check out its steel dyneema/uv glory - somewhat shocked at the darkness of the steel but still in love - and tried filling a few of the pockets. (Maaaaybe I brought my 3-1-1 bag with me to work just so I could test pack it when my bag arrived. And maaaaybe I broke the zipper on the 3-1-1 bag in the process... time to place my next TB order, ha.)

The real test comes this evening, though, when I get to pack it for this weekend's trip. In my head, everything on my packing list has a home in this bag - now it's time to see if I can pull it off. If it's successful, I'll probably post a packing list just out of excitement!

Logically, I know that my order has moved since its 8/26 "departure", and that it is probably enjoying a nice, scenic, cross-country train journey.

Illogically, I am picturing my package sitting somewhere in a UPS warehouse, and the men in brown are using it for some sort of ritualistic sacrifice.
    jeffmac likes this.

My package is a half mile from me! The UPS facility is closed today and Monday is a holiday. Waaaaah, first world problems.

I've finally figured out how to overcome TBAS!!

Drive the 6 hour (return) trip down to the warehouse!!! Woooooo....Sept 20th, here I come!!

Page 68 of 110 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0