Page 62 of 110 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast
Like Tree1885Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) ScottS's Avatar
    Thanks for your understanding -- mistakes do happen but we're going to figure out why this one did and try to prevent it from happening again. I'm glad you at least got to see an Aeronaut, even if it wasn't the color you'd originally intended to see!
    Scott Schweiger
    TOM BIHN Shipping Department
    Original Designs Made in USA Since 1972
    www.tombihn.com

U.S. 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: 206-652-4123
    4750A Ohio Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98134 USA
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

JLE
    Waiting, waiting....

Where is my UBS guy!!? Doesn't he realise he has my new Synapse 25!?

Quote Originally Posted by JLE View Post
    Waiting, waiting....

Where is my UBS guy!!? Doesn't he realise he has my new Synapse 25!?
    Just step out of the house for a moment, that is when they will show up! I don't think I have ever caught a UPS delivery on the first try, luckily they now drop it off at a UPS shipping/copy shop a few blocks from my house rather than their depot by the airport!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
    Thanks for your understanding -- mistakes do happen but we're going to figure out why this one did and try to prevent it from happening again. I'm glad you at least got to see an Aeronaut, even if it wasn't the color you'd originally intended to see!
    No worries. I'm sure if this company didn't have the reputation it had I probably wouldn't be as easy going about it. I'm now looking forward to seeing my new Aeronaut and I can only hope it's as well constructed and beautiful as the one I've got here (the Aubergine is a very nice colour I'll admit, but it's just not for me), which I have no doubt it will be.

Now my only problem is that the delivery date is next Monday, and I have jury duty next week. Hopefully I don't get selected so I can leave when they've done selecting jurors and I can head to work to collect my package and then enjoy the rest of the day off from work.

My Synapse 25 arrived yesterday and it is PERFECT! The size is exactly what I was looking for and the construction, per Tom Bihn standards, is top notch. I went with the steel dyneema/wasabi combo and I LOVE it! Can't wait to take it out and about around Germany. About 10 days from when it shipped from Seattle to my Army Postal box here in Germany. Thanks soooo much Team Bihn!!!
    Synapse 25 (steel dyneema/wasabi), Synapse 19 (conifer/steel), Empire Builder (black/steel), Ristretto for Ipad 2 (olive/cayenne), Brain Bag (black), Zephyr (black/red), Aeronaut (steel/steel), guardian dual function light, RFID blocking passport pouch, packing cubes (various sizes), horizontal freudian slip, The Kit (forest green), ultra suede screen cloth, Tom Bihn Luggage tags (x3), and who knows what is next.........

Saw this morning that the Ristretto for 11" MBA was in stock in Black / Wasabi. Am now waiting on one, along with a couple 3D pouches ...

Quote Originally Posted by BrianI View Post
    Saw this morning that the Ristretto for 11" MBA was in stock in Black / Wasabi. Am now waiting on one, along with a couple 3D pouches ...
    Doh! Been contemplating the EXACT same thing...please be sure to post pics and your thoughts upon its arrival!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) ScottS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dgarbutt View Post
    Now my only problem is that the delivery date is next Monday, and I have jury duty next week. Hopefully I don't get selected so I can leave when they've done selecting jurors and I can head to work to collect my package and then enjoy the rest of the day off from work.
    Ahh, I wish we could have gotten the replacement package to you sooner. I researched every option with UPS and we chose the fastest shipping method available. If you need us to contact UPS and ask them to hold/delay the package, let us know. Good luck with jury duty!
    Scott Schweiger
    TOM BIHN Shipping Department
    Original Designs Made in USA Since 1972
    www.tombihn.com

U.S. 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: 206-652-4123
    4750A Ohio Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98134 USA
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    Doh! Been contemplating the EXACT same thing...please be sure to post pics and your thoughts upon its arrival!
    I will - I got the shipping notice yesterday as well. Should be here Friday.

My Upper Modular Pouch and Gate keeper straps (3) for my Smart Alec are on their way and due to arrive on Monday.
    BrianI likes this.

Placed my "big" order two nights ago...now for the long wait as most items on my list are on backorder. Lots of Steel & Wasabi Dyneema goodness to look forward to (Synapse 25, Co-Pilot, Small Cafe Bag [Nordic/UV], Side Effect and accessories) 😃

Well at last I've satisfied my Tom Bihn Anticipation syndrome. My shiny new Black Aeronaut arrived today at my work, and thankfully I wasn't selected to serve on a Jury today (though I'll have to return everyday this week until I am or I am discharged), so I was able to collect my package of goodies instead of waiting until I could get a chance to go to work to collect it.

The bumper sticker I received is already on my car too.

Just ordered a Smart Alec in Nordic/Nordic/Steel along with steel upper and lower modular pockets and a brain cell. I love my Synapse and kept going back and forth on SA vs. Synapse 25 for a larger bag, but I think the pictures posted over the weekend of the all-steel Smart Alec convinced me to give the Smart Alec a try.

It looks like I will be out of town this weekend and part of next week, and the package should arrive the day I get back--or possibly the night before. I considered expedicting shipping so I could have it for this trip, but decided I can wait the extra few days. This is a car trip, and I can take as many bags for documents, etc. as I want without any extra trouble.

Smart Alec in Nordic/Nordic/Steel along with steel upper and lower modular pockets
    Modular pockets to match the lining. How cool!! I hope you will post photos.

Quote Originally Posted by bunchgrass View Post
    Modular pockets to match the lining. How cool!! I hope you will post photos.
    I hope it looks as good as I'm thinking it will be. It's not really the match with the lining that had me considering this color combo, but the match is probably necessary for its success, IMO. As much as I would have liked a Nordic/Nordic/Iberian option, I'm not sure I'd like a Nordic SA with Iberian modular pockets or an SA with Iberian lining and steel pockets.

I was mostly thinking that the contrast between nordic bag and steel pockets would a) make it easy to tell which pockets I had or didn't have attached and b) provide a break in the bag's shape, much like the contrasting middle panel provides on the bag when it's in colors other than the dyneema/nylon or black/black.

I will try to remember to post pics and in-person thoughts on the combination when I get it--probably wouldn't be till the weekend after next.

Page 62 of 110 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0