Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 58 of 122 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast
Like Tree2221Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Thumbs up

Pulled the trigger last night on a Dyneema Western Traveler plus a brain cell. I would say my wife is a Very Bad Influence on me here, but she suggested this can be my early birthday present, so how can I complain?

I haven't purchased anything in a while, and it was making me feel weird. Now a Steel Dyneema/Steel Tri-Star, Wasabi TS PCBP, and a large Dyneema OP (hopefully in Wasabi) will soon be making their way to Iowa, where they can look forward to spending the rest of their days. With me.

Hi TB community This is my first posting...I am so glad that this TB Anticipation Syndrom is nothing unusual (I was starting to get worried), its funny how fast you can get addicted to the bags ....
    I have only done 2 orders so far and both times I was constantly on the UPS tracking site for updates. I live in New Zealand and have to wait a wee bit longer. Both times the boxes came a day early and I was rushing out the door each time I heard a truck comming. Its like Christmas and Birthday together when you open the box, big smiles for a few days...then the "withdrawal symptom" kicks in again and I catch myself longing for more and being back putting things on my wishlist for another order.

Now my next bag is on backorder so I HAVE to wait....which is not easy!

I caught myself recently looking at other peoples bags (which I have never done before) and I feel like telling them all that they all have the WRONG bags!

I really think I go nuts, but am glad to see that I am not alone.

PS. This forum is addictive too...

Kerstin

Multi-stage TBAS here. My work is making an IT transition that will mean I no longer need to drag my laptop back and forth between work and home everyday, so I need [haha, "need"] to downsize from my Smart Alec (which, frankly, is a couple sizes too big for my daily cargo even with my computer).

After hemming and hawwing between the two sizes of Cadet, the Co-Pilot, and the Synapse, I have finally decided on an 11/iPad Cadet (sans cache) to be my new EDC bag. I've accepted and embraced the idea that this is not a bag for my computer, but a bag for carrying my daily miscellany including my iPad mini, phone chargers, pens, business cards, multi-tool, gum, chapstick, my small camera and up to an inch or two of work papers. It should also make a great small carry on bag for when I travel.

Unfortunately, the 11/iPad Cadet is backordered until late April.

"Ok," I thought, "I will just order it now, wait patiently [ha!], and hope it comes sooner." So I loaded it in my cart, threw in a medium padded pouch for my iPad mini, a few extra key straps and OPs, almost ready to check out... and then I remembered that I also will probably want one of the new Side Effects when they are available to order.

So now I guess I'll just pout.

Oh my! I just received a UPS message. The FJN I expected to be delivered in the beginning of april, was shipped out and will be here on friday. Wow!

Well the income tax refund got here, so I finally put in an order. I'm getting a Western Flyer in Nordic, a bunch on packing cubes and organizers, a passport pouch and a small Nordic shop bag. I was also planning to get a small cafe bag and a Swift in Nordic, but they're back ordered right now. Oh well maybe a belated Mother's Day present to myself.
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

I have a bad case at the moment. As I am in the UK where we don't often see TB gear, I went a bit mad when someone put a huge TB collection up for auction on eBay UK. I was definitely in "take no prisoners" mode when bidding this afternoon and as a result 6 (!) pieces (3 involving solar dyneema!) should be on their way tomorrow.

Counting down... twitch, twitch...

Way to go @PaulT00! Somewhere in the forum, someone put it in perspective: take the pain one time or spread it over time - something like that.

Happy travels with your TB bags!

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    I have a bad case at the moment. As I am in the UK where we don't often see TB gear, I went a bit mad when someone put a huge TB collection up for auction on eBay UK. I was definitely in "take no prisoners" mode when bidding this afternoon and as a result 6 (!) pieces (3 involving solar dyneema!) should be on their way tomorrow.

Counting down... twitch, twitch...
    Which ones did you buy? I was bidding for the Navy/Solar Western Flyer, but dropped out as it past 100 ($151), but got the Cardinal/steel for 91!

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    Which ones did you buy? I was bidding for the Navy/Solar Western Flyer, but dropped out as it past 100 ($151), but got the Cardinal/steel for 91!
    I've got a package on the way hopefully today containing
    Aeronaut in Crimson
    4 assorted Aeronaut packing cubes
    Tri-star in Navy/solar (which amazingly came in cheaper than the cardinal/steel one)
    Solar dyneema travel tray
    Solar dyneema clear quarter packing cube
    Cardinal Kit
    Cardinal 3d cube.

So if we count the packing cubes separately that's actually 10 items not 6... (boggle!)

I actually won all 4 items I was bidding on, so it was a good afternoon for me on eBay! I haven't added it all up accurately but I'd say including shipping to the UK, duties and VAT on the new prices I've probably got about 800 worth of gear for less than half that in total.
    JonP and helen_uk like this.

Oooh..Crimson..If only I had knew ye..

Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    I've got a package on the way hopefully today containing
    Aeronaut in Crimson
    4 assorted Aeronaut packing cubes
    Tri-star in Navy/solar (which amazingly came in cheaper than the cardinal/steel one)
    Solar dyneema travel tray
    Solar dyneema clear quarter packing cube
    Cardinal Kit
    Cardinal 3d cube.

So if we count the packing cubes separately that's actually 10 items not 6... (boggle!)

I actually won all 4 items I was bidding on, so it was a good afternoon for me on eBay! I haven't added it all up accurately but I'd say including shipping to the UK, duties and VAT on the new prices I've probably got about 800 worth of gear for less than half that in total.
    *Drooling on keyboard* *wipe wipe*

What a fantastic score, PaulT00! I'm especially envious of the solar accessories.

I had a quick bout of TAS earlier this week - some more Smart Alec accessories. Mainly a Brain Cell for my 11" MacBook Air (using the 13" MBP Retinal BC actually), along with a packing cube and new Guardian light.

I made quite the TB impulse buy on Tuesday... I recently started a new job which has me traveling a night or two here and there. After the second overnight with my eBags Weekender as my only bag, I was hating it. It's not a bad bag considering what I paid for it five or six years ago, but I wanted something that could "one-bag" it and not look like a suitcase if I was heading to a meeting straight from the airport.

I pulled the trigger on a Brain Bag with a Snake Charmer and a couple other accessories to add to my collection. It should be here Monday in time for another overnight on Tuesday. I think I can carry my computer stuff in the rear pocket and my clothes in the other. Then there looks like tons of space for my iPhone, Mophie, MiFi, and other assorted items. The eBags bag was WAY too big for all this and lacked any kind of organization for smaller stuff. This was fine when I carried that bag AND my ID, but I hate hauling two bags through the airport for one or two nights. Just seems ridiculous...

Come on, Monday! (How often do you say that?)
    JonP and gochicken like this.
    Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) & Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi) for me & Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel) for my wife
    Reserves: Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Ristretto for 11" MBAir (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi)

Just ordered more organizer pouches. Really wanted another clear pen/pencil pouch and ended up getting other sizes as well.
    Aeronaut (crimson) with Absolute Strap, Synapse (navy), Smart Alec (black/steel/solar), Shop Bag (solar), cache for MBP, cache for iPad2, and numerous pouches and key straps.

Page 58 of 122 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0