Page 57 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
Like Tree785Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Not to sound like Veruca Salt, but I want it *now*!

Checking the UPS tracking.... from Seattle to Portland (haven't done that bike ride in years!) then to Roseburg OR... Now it is in South San Francisco then back north to to me. I like looking at the routes but it's killing me knowing I have to go to work tomorrow without the Imago.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Imago - Black/Black/Steel; MCB - Olive/Steel; SCB - Black/Wasabi; numerous Dyneema organizer pouches
    Next on my list: an Aeronaut

Anticipating No Longer

Picking me up at work, my husband warned me the UPS package on the porch was crumpled. In this picture the box doesn't look so bad but it was really crunched on a corner (have the Samsonite gorillas found work at UPS?)

As expected the bag is in perfect shape. This will be a delight to carry every day - not too big, keeping me from taking too much work home. At first wear, I'm in love with the Absolute Strap (my first but not the last). The every day bag (Olive/Steel MCB) is lurking in the background. Next on the list.... an Aeronaut.

Name:  IMG_20130204_162735_mini.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  512.1 KB
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Imago - Black/Black/Steel; MCB - Olive/Steel; SCB - Black/Wasabi; numerous Dyneema organizer pouches
    Next on my list: an Aeronaut

Just checked with UPS and Tom Bihn will be waiting for me on my door step when I get home!! Talk about anticipations!!

My Imago(Navy/Cork/Wasabi) and a few dodads is out for delivery..Hooray for early bday gifts to self
    No OPs as I don't *need* any just yet.I do have a collection of zipper pouches I intend to fit with mini keyrings

Peace,
    Sorcha

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by xeres View Post
    Picking me up at work, my husband warned me the UPS package on the porch was crumpled. In this picture the box doesn't look so bad but it was really crunched on a corner (have the Samsonite gorillas found work at UPS?)

As expected the bag is in perfect shape. This will be a delight to carry every day - not too big, keeping me from taking too much work home. At first wear, I'm in love with the Absolute Strap (my first but not the last). The every day bag (Olive/Steel MCB) is lurking in the background. Next on the list.... an Aeronaut.
    Looks great! Very jealous! What do you/did you ride?

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by roarmouse View Post
    My Imago(Navy/Cork/Wasabi) and a few dodads is out for delivery..Hooray for early bday gifts to self
    No OPs as I don't *need* any just yet.I do have a collection of zipper pouches I intend to fit with mini keyrings

Peace,
    Sorcha
    I'm jealous of xeres, but I'm really, really jealous of you... my perfect colours!

Just placed my order for a Smart Alec (Black/Steel/Steel), vertical Freudian Slip and a couple of key straps. The SA will replace my Brain Bag as my every day bag. Now the wait begins.
    Last edited by gatorfan; 02-13-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    I'm jealous of xeres, but I'm really, really jealous of you... my perfect colours!
    I posted pics on the TB Flickr page. Both the Navy and Wasabi are darker than on the listing.I like them

Quote Originally Posted by gatorfan View Post
    Just placed my order for a Smart Alec (Black/Steel/Steel), vertical Freudian Slip and a couple of key straps. The SA will replace my Brain Bag as my every day bag. Now the wait begins.
    I ended up changing my mind at the last minute and changed my order via email for the SA in Black/Navy/Iberian. 3 hours later I received a reply that they changed my order SWEEEEET!

Just placed my latest order! A Nordic Aeronaut and a Nordic Swift, plus all the packing cubes and lots of other acessories.

$65 delivery to Australia is painful, though.

Now I have to wait for the packing cubes to come back in stock, and then I can start waiting for UPS to provide their usual bad service.

It's times like this when I hate being in Australia!

Audrey
    TavaPeak and darbs like this.

I saw on the blog today that the Brain Bag is back in stock in a few colors, including the one I requested - navy. Hopefully I'll be able to begin the final countdown soon.

I was taking the trash barrel down to the end of the driveway today when the UPS truck drove by. He didn't stop though. No worries, I didn't know of anything specifically on its way to me. I hear the truck turn around at the end of the street and head back in my direction. This time he stopped.

It couldn't be, right?

Well, it was. My Brain Bag arrived.

Exploring the pockets led me to the bag of zipper pull components.

I'm afraid they might be looking for work though because I tend to make my own pulls.

More pictures and thoughts to follow at another time but I want to say thank you to Tom Bihn. It is through their generosity and relationship with EDCForums that this bag came to me, and I am very grateful for that.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jujigatame View Post
    I'm afraid they might be looking for work though because I tend to make my own pulls.
    Hoping for lots of photos and maybe even a how-to on those pulls!
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

I finally placed my order for the FJN in plum! I'm so excited! I added the ultrasuede shoulder strap wrap, 2 medium yarn stuff sacks in Ultraviolet & Wasabi and a small one in Solar. (Yay! I love Solar) and a small clear organizer pouch. I have no creditcard and had to buy a Visa voucher which has a limited amount of money you can put on it, so it was a puzzle to try to get the order just right and choose between everything. I have spent almost 2 hours putting one item in, and taking another out. :-) Unfortunately the payment was rejected the first few tries and I found out I had to pay some taxes for buying in dollars instead of euros, so something had to go and it was my highly coveted plum keystrap. Now I'm waiting for the Australia-shipping-trial to work like a charm, so I can buy little things for less shipping costs and order it some other time. :-)

My EB with a healthy selection of pouches and accessories is due to arrive on Tuesday.
    This is my first Tom Bihn order. Needless to say, the anticipation has been over the top with nothing to do
    but check the tracking number to see if it has moved and maybe gained a day on the delivery date.
    So far, I haven't been that lucky.

Tonight I was going through my order and found that there were some holes in my packing
    system, so I took it upon myself to go ahead and place that order and hope everything arrived
    by Friday.

All the pouches and accessories are like crack for those of us blessed with OCD!

I am still concerned that the EB will be too big for my needs, that I should have ordered either the Zephyr or the ID.
    No way of knowing till it arrives and I open up the box!

Page 57 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0