Page 56 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast
Like Tree2043Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Just ordered the lower pouch and straps for my Smart Alec. Let the waiting begin!
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

Just a placed an order of random goodies! Hoping there are a few aubergine pouches laying around so I can check out this color that everybody is raving about.

I've had a box delivered, just need to wait until I'm home to open it! Should contain a Nordic Co-Pilot, very excited to see it as it'll be my first Nordic piece and I already am a big fan of Dyneema.
    backpack and darbs like this.
    Citizen Canine, Synapse, Co-Pilot and various pouches

My box with two stuff sacks (steel and wasabi), a (wasabi) clear quarter packing cube, and black side effect are waiting for me at home. Very excited!
    Steel/Ultraviolet Aeronaut, Steel/Solar TriStar, Black/Steel Checkpoint Flyer, Steel Packing Cube Backpack, Steel Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Solar Travel Tray, Snake Charmer, Pouches, 3D Clear Organizer Cube, etc.

Ground shipping from Seattle to Georgia takes a full week! And since the box is on a big truck rolling down the highway for most of those days, UPS doesn't update until it reaches Atlanta. Nothing worse than tracking your package and nothing has changed since yesterday! The anticipation is killing me. Is it Friday yet?!?!?

I got my Smart Alec, packing cube, organizer pouches, stuff sack, and passport pouch! My first TB order!

UPS estimated a Monday delivery but Monday was Inauguration Day!!! and per their website, UPS wasn't delivering to my Wash DC zip code on Monday. Sadness...(sigh)

But to my surprise and elation, at 9am, the UPS driver dropped it off at my door yesterday! Sa-weet!!! Amazing quality. So happy to be part of the club!

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by julawils View Post
    I got my Smart Alec, packing cube, organizer pouches, stuff sack, and passport pouch! My first TB order!

UPS estimated a Monday delivery but Monday was Inauguration Day!!! and per their website, UPS wasn't delivering to my Wash DC zip code on Monday. Sadness...(sigh)

But to my surprise and elation, at 9am, the UPS driver dropped it off at my door yesterday! Sa-weet!!! Amazing quality. So happy to be part of the club!
    Over this side of the pond, UPS just love to tease! Your package seems to criss cross the Atlantic once or twice, then, on the eve of delivery, they postpone the expected day by a day, but then deliver on time anyway. Five TB orders, five times its happened. Their only saving grace is that, despite what their tracking website says, they always deliver on time on the fourth working day after the parcel is sent!

Joi would you mind doing a full review on that? Especially the Lower Pouch for Smart Alec!

What color are you getting?

Darbs, I think UPS, now, uses trains on most transcontinental journeys when ground transportation is chosen.

It is greener, a big locomotive can move the equivalent weight of a whole fleet of trucks in towns where railways hubs can be seamlessly integrated to the airports and ground delivery hubs.

Before, I believe the package would go via truck from hub to hubs where it would be scanned every time it was rerouted.

But now it does, Tom Bihn Inc to Seattle hub to Hermiston, Oregon which is a hub of Union Pacific Railroad Union Pacific Railroad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As you can see on the map it above, from there it will stop at one of the midwest hub to a railroad that serves the Southest.

Refer to a previous tracking package data to find the hub and the railway.

Alternatively here is a list of the Union Pacific Railroad Yards (hubs) Union Pacific Railroad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The biggest Hub is Rochelle, Il and from there it could most probably be routed to CSX railroad which has a big hub in Louisville, from there it would go to Atlanta then on a small truck to your place.

This is what a Next Day Air would look like (from Wikipedia) For instance, a Next Day Air package traveling from Seattle, Washington to Atlanta, Georgia, would be loaded onto an air container at Boeing Field just south of Seattle and flown to the Worldport (UPS air hub) in Louisville, Kentucky. From there it would be sorted to a container heading to Atlanta to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, and taken by truck from the airport to the delivery center.

So you or anyone in the east might get only 3 or 4 scans Hermiston, Rochelle, Louisville, your state major hub, your state minor hub if you leave far from a major hub and the all awaited " en route for delivery" scan (insert many squeeee, jumping up and down, nervous mouse click or tablet tap at the tracking window when that appears)

Last edited by backpack; 01-22-2013 at 04:51 PM.

I don't know why I even bother to track the dang thing anyway. It always takes a whole week! I place on order on Friday, it doesn't get here until the following Friday. Every time! I think I just like to tease myself in hopes that there will be some freak miracle and it will get here earlier. Alas, my package is still on some train somewhere.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Darbs, that's exactly how I feel!

Oh! It checked in! Left Indiana this morning! Wait...Indiana? And it's going to be on my doorstep tomorrow? I'm a little skeptic UPS.

I'm not saying that I wound up ordering a Co-Pilot, in Nordic / Steel. But if I did, I'd be tracking it for delivery by Monday afternoon.

My favorite magic words

Peachtree City, GA, United States 01/25/2013 6:00 A.M. Out For Delivery
    dorayme likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by darbs View Post
    Oh! It checked in! Left Indiana this morning! Wait...Indiana? And it's going to be on my doorstep tomorrow? I'm a little skeptic UPS.
    CSX Howell Yard is in Evansville, Indiana, from there it is almost direct to your place.

It travelled all day and night and hopefully reached your mini hub where the delivery truck scanned it this morning as "out for delivery".

I am amazed on how they do it!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianI View Post
    I'm not saying that I wound up ordering a Co-Pilot, in Nordic / Steel. But if I did, I'd be tracking it for delivery by Monday afternoon.
    Oooh, enjoy! I ordered one the other week, it's beautiful. Nordic is my new favourite colour and the Co-Pilot is a fantastic little daily bag. Fits far more than you'd think, like most TB bags!! :-)
    Citizen Canine, Synapse, Co-Pilot and various pouches

Page 56 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0