Page 55 of 118 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast
Like Tree2129Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

nsh
    It is my birthday on January 4 and I treated myself to a present. After reading lots of forum posts, I decided on a Medium Cafe Bag in black-wasabi to act as my purse and companion bag to my Synapse. Since I will be in Arizona visiting my in-laws during the new year and my birthday- it is being shipped directly to their home. I should get it by Dec.31! Woo hoo. Yippee!! TB anticipation syndrome is no joke! I am so excited!

I have decided to add to my Synapse collection, and have ordered one in Indigo. To accompany the surprise gift, of course, because I would hate for it to have to travel alone. The worst part? TEN DAYS OF WAITING. Sigh....

This is my first time ordering from Tom Bihn and here's what I've gotten.

Western Flyer, Synapse, PCBP, Stuff sacks, Packing cubes, Key straps, Clear organizer pouches & wallet. Can't wait for it to arrive in 3 more months.

So it's taken 8 days so far for my new Synapse to get to the East Coast (I'm looking at you, New Year's Day). And now it's sitting in the UPS hub. One point two miles from my house. I won't get it until Monday night. Aaaaargh! I know, I know...patience....

In order to continue with my 2013 goal of being uber organised and on top of things, both work and household, I have ordered a Plum FJ to house my planner. Ordered all three types of FJ paper and a mini dyneema pouch. Also ordered a CQPC which will become the new home to my appliqué supplies so everything is organised in one small, functional package and can be easily switched between my TB bags. I could easily have kept adding stuff but restrained myself (trying to be more financially responsible this year too!!).

My next TB order will be when the 'Pilot' is launched - can't wait!! Will definitely be adding a Shop Bag to that order.
    Happy owner of: Black & UltraViolet Co-Pilot, Kiwi Swift, Azelea Little Swift, Azelea 3D Clear organizer Cube, Turquoise Little Swift, Turquoise Medium Cafe Bag, Plum Field Journal, Plum Large Cafe Bag, Plum Small Cafe Bag, Black Large Cafe Bag, Wasabi CQPC plus lots of travel stuff sacks, Yarn stuff sacks, organiser pouches, travel trays etc

That was so considerate of you! I hate for my purchases to travel all the way to Australia on their own too - well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
    Happy owner of: Black & UltraViolet Co-Pilot, Kiwi Swift, Azelea Little Swift, Azelea 3D Clear organizer Cube, Turquoise Little Swift, Turquoise Medium Cafe Bag, Plum Field Journal, Plum Large Cafe Bag, Plum Small Cafe Bag, Black Large Cafe Bag, Wasabi CQPC plus lots of travel stuff sacks, Yarn stuff sacks, organiser pouches, travel trays etc

My Synapse is 3 days away!
    Last edited by Canonsue; 01-05-2013 at 05:52 PM.

My Smart Alec is due here in CT on Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by nukediver View Post
    So it's taken 8 days so far for my new Synapse to get to the East Coast (I'm looking at you, New Year's Day). And now it's sitting in the UPS hub. One point two miles from my house. I won't get it until Monday night. Aaaaargh! I know, I know...patience....
    The same thing happened to me, I found out where the nearest hub was, got directions and all but the weather and work stuff got in the way of getting it during the weekend.

So, on that Monday, I got up at sun up and got myself into my "clothes I can use for housework as well as workout and are decent enough" that I can peek my nose outside without frightening the delivery person.

The package arrived just after lunch so I could get solid food in. Tom Bihn delivery day is liquid diet day because the package usually arrives at diner time.

TBAS Relief

Order arrived last Friday. Major TBAS since the 1st shipment delivered on Dec 24 was missing. That is another story.

Name:  TBAS relief.JPG
Views: 618
Size:  157.8 KB

In the box are: WF rolling luggage handle pocket Steel Dyneema/Steel, WF backpack Nordic Dyneema/Steel, 3D Dyneema OC UV with shoulder strap, 3D Dyneema OC Steel with shoulder strap, 2 WF Small PC, 2 WF Small PC All-Fabric, 9 long black keystraps.

All beautiful and great quality as to be expected from Tom Bihn.

I am having second thoughts about the WF rolling luggage handle pocket Steel Dyneema/Steel. I will likely return it (and its matching PCs). The reason? I very much LOVE the 2 pockets in the main compartment and the LIGHT weight of the WF rolling luggage model. So I am hoping that the model will be made in more dyneema color combinations other than steel/steel.

I got the rolling luggage handle pocket model with the idea of using it as a personal item for domestic flights in the US, pairing it with the WF backpack, those times when one-bagging just does not cut it. As long as it is not stuffed, I can probably get away with the WF as a personal item on most flights.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the light weight of these dyneema WF bags.The rolling luggage handle pocket model is noticeably lighter than the backpack model. The WF backpack Nordic Dyneema/Steel is, indeed, much lighter than my WF backpack Navy balistic/Solar. So, I think that with the backstraps tucked away, I can use it as I intended to use the rolling luggage pocket model. But, I will buy a proper WF rolling luggage handle pocket model if/when TB makes them in dyneema color combinations other than steel/steel (iberian is my favorite lining - just saying!).

Waiting on UPS today ... I expect my Smart Alec based on Wed's notification.

Brian- you will be very happy with the quality!

Apparently, UPS was going for maximum anticipation. A big box got delivered at 7:15 pm tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianI View Post
    Apparently, UPS was going for maximum anticipation. A big box got delivered at 7:15 pm tonight.
    Brian....initial thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ArnieJB View Post
    Brian....initial thoughts?
    I'm very impressed. I took it with me for a trial run this morning, just to do so. While it's bigger than I might need for everyday around town EDC, I really like the look and feel of the bag. Especially with the Freudian Slip in there, it's so very much a portable office.

Page 55 of 118 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0