Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 54 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
Like Tree2221Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Just placed my very first order, and have no idea how I will get through the next few days; this TB anticipation syndrome is worse than I thought it was going to be!
    Hi, Lara! Welcome to our TB support group!

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Thanks cucciasv! I know I'm in good company!

For once, I placed a Tom Bihn order and experienced little of the "anticipation syndrome." Probably, it's because of how fast the box came or because I just ordered more yarn sacks and organizer pouches, rather than something new. However, my pleasure upon opening the box completely made up for the calm with which I awaited the package.

The wasabi & ultraviolet colors are fabulous. Initially I was sad about the lack solar clear-bottomed stuff sacks, but no more. The actual wasabi is richer and even more pleasing than on my computer screen. It is so eye-pleasing next to the plainer colors of my large bags (brown & navy & cork). Surprisingly it also is quite pleasing when lying next to all of my other stuff sacks (solar, steel & iberian).

The new yarn stuff sacks also reminded me of just how well-planned are all TB bags. The clear bottomed bags and the carabiner-like yarn guides have become quite indispensable to me such that I barely use the earliest stuff sacks. In fact, I can't think of a single way they could be improved. Though I wouldn't mind if TB offered a clear-bottomed small stuff sack, but I assume there's a good reason they don't.

Thanks for all the care that goes into all of your bag designs and all of your customer service interactions.

For once, I placed a Tom Bihn order and experienced little of the "anticipation syndrome." Probably, it's because of how fast the box came or because I just ordered more yarn sacks and organizer pouches, rather than something new. However, my pleasure upon opening the box completely made up for the calm with which I awaited the package.

The wasabi & ultraviolet colors are fabulous. Initially I was sad about the lack solar clear-bottomed stuff sacks, but no more. The actual wasabi is richer and even more pleasing than on my computer screen. It is so eye-pleasing next to the plainer colors of my large bags (brown & navy & cork). Surprisingly it also is quite pleasing when lying next to all of my other stuff sacks (solar, steel & iberian).

The new yarn stuff sacks also reminded me of just how well-planned are all TB bags. The clear bottomed bags and the carabiner-like yarn guides have become quite indispensable to me such that I barely use the earliest stuff sacks. In fact, I can't think of a single way they could be improved. Though I wouldn't mind if TB offered a clear-bottomed small stuff sack, but I assume there's a good reason they don't.

Thanks for all the care that goes into all of your bag designs and all of your customer service interactions.
    Darcy and backpack like this.
    Proud hoarder of TB: aeronaut, utility tote, swift, small cafe bag, shop bag, passport pouch, countless organizer pouches, organizer wallet, yarn sacks & a few other odds & ends.
    Because my TB craving exceeds my bag needs, gifted TB items: a smart alec, swift, little swift, & small cafe bag.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yarnopfile View Post
    I happened to answer the phone last week when the amazing moriond called and we discussed this: one of the great things about the Wasabi Dyneema/nylon is that it pairs well with so many different colors.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

The upstanding gentleman in the big brown truck dropped off another TB box in my office today and I now have my Aubergine Co-Pilot to accompany my Aubergine Aeronaut on my trip to South-east Asia this Thursday. Also took the opportunity to pick up a Aubergine Ristretto and a Brain Bag in Plum. As can be seen from this "less than stellar" quality photo taken with my decrepit old iPhone 4, the colors appear lighter than they actually are. However, the differences between the Aubergine and the Plum are noticeable.

Name:  Plum.JPG
Views: 689
Size:  769.0 KB

It arrived!!! I have 3 lovely new pouches. :-)
    And (drum roll please...) Another Naked Box....no artwork anywhere:-(
    I am beginning to wonder if the photos on this thread are spoofs and you really create them yourselves...

Call me optimistic (or crazy?), but I haven't given up on Santa and the mural :-)

Waiting in rainy California

Just went from this (approximately every 15 minutes):

Name:  IMG_2236 e.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  875.7 KB

To this:

Name:  IMG_2237 exported.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  956.8 KB

Large Shop Bags (2 Nordic, 2 Iberian, 1 Steel) ............Christmas presents!
    Aubergine Little Swift
    Wasabi Tall Yarn Stuff Sack, Mini Organizer Pouch, and 3D Dyneema Organizer Cube
    UV 3D Dyneema Organizer Cube

Wasabi does go with everything!
    The Nordic fabric is really nice... the color is just gorgeous. Looks like the little squares are just a smidgen bigger than the regular Dyneema.... looks and feels "crisper".
    Last edited by gochicken; 12-17-2012 at 02:31 PM. Reason: trouble loading pictures
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gochicken View Post
    Just went from this (approximately every 15 minutes):

Name:  IMG_2236 e.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  875.7 KB

To this:

Name:  IMG_2237 exported.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  956.8 KB

Large Shop Bags (2 Nordic, 2 Iberian, 1 Steel) ............Christmas presents!
    Aubergine Little Swift
    Wasabi Tall Yarn Stuff Sack, Mini Organizer Pouch, and 3D Dyneema Organizer Cube
    UV 3D Dyneema Organizer Cube

Wasabi does go with everything!
    The Nordic fabric is really nice... the color is just gorgeous. Looks like the little squares are just a smidgen bigger than the regular Dyneema.... looks and feels "crisper".
    Beautiful photos, gochicken. and the color rendition on the Nordic Dyneema is very good. With the shop bags and with the Swift you can feel that the 400d Dyneema feels more like a fabric in texture than the 200d Dyneema, while remaining very light weight. And yay for the Little Swift in Aubergine.

Placed an order for the dyneema Western Flyer (backpack & rolling luggage handle pocket) plus some acessories. It was originally scheduled for delivery on Dec 26. From experience, TB deliveries arrive on the expected delivery date specified on the original shipping notice. In an effort to avert TBAS, I only start tracking my TB package on the expected delivery date specified on the original shipping notification.

Thus, I was waiting for the 26th to come around to track my TB package and another package from a non-TB company with the same expected delivery date of Dec 26.

As a background, I usually have UPS deliveries sent to my office. Occasionally, I have them sent to my home addres for one reason or another. I live in an apt with locked gates. So I leave the front gate unlocked and propped open on the expected delivery dates. This has worked most of the time. There were times when someone closed/locked the gate (regardless of the note I taped to it asking to leave ut open/unlocked). When the gate is locked, the UPS delivery person leaves a note, I call UPS and arrange to go pick up the package at their site.

About 3:30 pm or so on Dec 24 I received a "package delivered at 3:03 pm; driver release location - front door" notification email from UPS on behalf of the non-TB company. I was so excited, opened my door - no package. Checked the gates, walked around the apt building, checked my neighbors' front doors. No package . Since this package has same expected delivery date as my TB package, I checked the tracking # for my TB package. It, too, said the package was delivered to my front door same time as the non-TB package.

I called UPS as soon as I read the email. I explained that the 2 packages were "delivered" to my front door but they are not outside my front door. I have been home all day. I had w adas lked around the building, checked my neighbors' front doors (onky 6 units in the building), checked outside the gates. I did not see packages. Their advice was to call tbe shipper, have them call UPS who will initiate an investigation.

So I called TB, spoke with Bo. He said he will alert TB shipping when the crew returns to wirk on Dec 26. They will send me a new shipment while they deal with UPS. And last evening, I got a shipping notification from UPS on behalf of TB. So now, I am on an extreme TBAS mode. Expected delivery date is Jan 4.

jnf
    Two Aeronauts(Black/Iberian and Aburgine/Steel), two packing cube backpacks (Iberian and UV) and two travel trays (Ibrerian and UV) scheduled to arrive today via UPS. :-)

I'm having TBAS for an order I haven't even placed yet! I'm currently tormenting myself over what to order, but I'm already feeling anxious just knowing that a package will head my way soon. Decisions, decisions!
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Toblerhaus View Post
    I'm currently tormenting myself over what to order
    Care to share? I'm sure we could be of great help in enabling you to just go ahead and get it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Care to share? I'm sure we could be of great help in enabling you to just go ahead and get it all.
    Well, since you asked....

I'm seeking Bag Nirvana. Is that too much to ask? ;-)

Actually, the main source of my torment is how to carry my Camera I-O and Brain Cell with Macbook Pro. Hubby has taken over my Brain Bag (yay!), and I *think* my best answer is Super Ego. But, I fear that it will feel too big and won't get carried, as was my problem with the BB. I keep reading old posts and tormenting myself over all my options. Sigh. Too many great bags, and too not enough cash on hand.
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

The Ego fits the same requirements, I think, and it is smaller. Time for you to get on a Flickr and video hunt of the two bags, do a search on the Blog and on this forum. You can even start an Ego vs Super Ego new thread and see what each set of owners has to say.

Page 54 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0