Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree1475Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    My husband has been treating me like Queen of the World since my walk turned into a waddle (before then, too, but I suppose I need it more now) so I feel a little sheepish even thinking of a birthday gift.
    Sounds like congratulations are in order? But don't let him slack off, a husband should ALWAYS treat his wife like the Queen of the World!

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Sheepishness didn't stop me from pre-ordering some items for the inside of my own as-yet-not-received-and-possibly-not-even-ordered bags. I'm finding that my whole packing routine has changed now that I am acquainted with the glory of Organizer Pouches. I'm branching out to the Clear Organizer Pouches and the Packing Cubes, which I think will be equally revolutionary.
    Yeah, I have pre-convinced myself of the value of the packing cubes...so I ordered a small and a medium, figuring I could use them in whatever luggage I used.

And the guilty part is I also ordered myself a Side Effect ( I wanted it in Olive, but it was backordered) in Indigo so I would have something in that color before it was gone forever!

@jeffmac, I don't know if congratulations are the right word - "good luck!" might be better since we're expecting twin boys at the end of April. I've been hovering over the "Parental Unit" thread, hoping that a TB diaper bag will be offered soon. Now I'm wondering if one of the medium-size carryons would be a decent alternative that would become a nice travel bag for me later. Another forum member mentioned using packing cubes to organize kidstuff inside a diaper bag - pure genius. We'll probably have a separate cooler for bottles/food since very few diaper bags have insulated areas for more than 1 bottle.

I kinda want something in Indigo, too, before it's all gone. I have my eye on an Indigo/Solar Synapse.

@janine well how about both good luck AND congrats! Twins 8-) WOW!

It has been a bit since I have had one in diapers (my youngest is 13) but the one thing I remember is not wanting to fumble with a lot of zippers and fuss to get in and out of the bag. When you need a diaper and a wipe you need it NOW! That will go twice as much for you!

I wonder if a Swift with an extra stuff sack might not be a bad direction to go...

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac View Post
    I wonder if a Swift with an extra stuff sack might not be a bad direction to go...
    I have a Swift! And some extra stuff sacks! Great! No! That means I won't have to buy any more bags! Boooo, lousy idea.

I was thinking that a Shop Bag might work. It's Swift-like in open tote-iness, but has the two handy pockets on the side. I pre-ordered a small one in Ultraviolet, so I'll be able to compare and pack a few test runs before the kids arrive so that I get an idea of what can be smooshed into which bags.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac View Post
    @janine well how about both good luck AND congrats! Twins 8-) WOW!

It has been a bit since I have had one in diapers (my youngest is 13) but the one thing I remember is not wanting to fumble with a lot of zippers and fuss to get in and out of the bag. When you need a diaper and a wipe you need it NOW! That will go twice as much for you!

I wonder if a Small or Large Shop Bag would be a good solution?

The Tall Stuff Sacks could hold just about anything babies need and they can be color coded for each twin.

The best thing is that Dyneema is easily washable!

Janine it looks like both backpack and I are willing to encourage you to get a new bag so a Shop Bag it shall be!

You better order one of each and (maybe) send one back.

Tell the hubby it will keep your feet from swelling!

This is splendid advice, @backpack and @jeffmac!

"...keep your feet from swelling!" - hahahah!

Using a swift as a diaper bag

My wife and I have been using a swift with clear quarter packing cubes and the yarn stuff sack in various configurations as the diaper bag for our 10-month old boy for nearly 10 months. It has worked very well. You can attach the bags with long key straps to keep them from being left behind by accident.

The only complaint is that it gets heavy to carry with no shoulder strap after a while. Especially when packed for a long day. My wife liked it so much we had to buy a second one for her to use as a purse.

As for coolers or insulated pockets what we do for formula (breast feeding also, but having to supplement) is that we simply carry the bottles with measured amounts of water and the dry formula and a scoop separately. Then mix it up as needed and no need to refrigerate. Our son does not seem to care much about it being warm or room temp, or even kind of cold, most of the time. We of course heat it if possible, but when out and about, he doesn't seem to care.

OK...I can't stand it. UPS says "out for delivery"....I am going to go home and stalk the big brown truck!!!!

Volunteer Moderator
    woohoo! can't wait!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Volunteer Moderator
    now the agony of trying to finish up at work so i can get home...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oooh. Perhaps we'll soon have another video...

TB Anticipation Syndrome for the rest of us?
    Last edited by wennefer; 03-14-2011 at 03:11 PM.
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Quote Originally Posted by wennefer View Post
    Oooh. Perhaps we'll soon have another video...

TB Anticipation Syndrome for the rest of us?
    How about "TB Anticipation by Proxy Syndrome"? Or maybe "TB Anticipation Sympathy Syndrome"?

OHMYGOOGLE! I have a tracking number! Arrival date is projected to be March 22! Squeeeeee!

Now, if I could only remember what was in this order....

unfortunately usps priority mail has no tracking but darcy let me know that my order was shipped out on monday. i should be getting it any day now. i'm hoping it'll be tomorrow. really can't wait.

oh, just want to say what an incredible customer service TB got. top notch. thank you to darcy for communicating with me via email about the forum and my order.

Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0