Page 46 of 119 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

"Out for delivery"

*insert giddiness here*

Angry OHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

After years and years of ordering tons of stuff (Apple, Amazon, TB, etc) via UPS without a single shipping issue ... always on time ...

... now that I have my first Aeronaut in the UPS stream, originally scheduled to arrive Monday ...

... I get my shipment tracking notification on my iPhone ... there has been a "TRAIN DELAY"!!!

This has got to be the worst first-world problem. Ever!

Seriously, UPS? Since when do you use trains to cross the US!!

It's Friday morning here (Pennsylvania), and now I don't even know when to expect my Aeronaut. Hitting the refresh button to check package tracking is NOT helping my BAS!! [Bihn Acquisition Syndrome]

Take a look at the pic attached ...

Name:  IMG_5239.PNG
Views: 398
Size:  326.1 KB

This has to to be a first: train delay???

Garnet Valley, sounds like a very pleasant place. In search of a silver lining to what seems to be a grey cloud surrounding your shipment... The fact that UPS can instantly communicate to you that your package is delayed is pretty cool, AND it means they touched your package today so it is not lost, but delayed. This gives you time to sterilize your unpacking area, and get the lights and camera set up. Yes, I am teasing a little but we would love to see pictures of your Aeronaught when it finally arrives.

As I tell my colleagues in tough situations, don't forget to breathe.

Besst regards,
    LS6
    Katy likes this.

I have my package. Not to rub it in anyone's face, but train delays suck.

Actually, it makes sense; most of the trains in the Northeastern US are freight trains. It must cost less in fuel/manpower/whatever to ship by train. So I'm not too surprised.

(Also, what is that tracking app you have called?)

I ordered a wasabi travel sack last night and had the hardest time!
    I so wanted to order more organizer pouches even though I still have a few not used yet.
    These pouches are like grass! i have the pouch munchies!!! Want more!
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

Pouch munchies! Very funny, joledwards. I had a bad case of those yesterday when I placed my order... (A TB order, that is).

Cuccslav, a train delay is not as funny. Good luck with that delay and hopefully the train is making its way towards your address right now.

If there is no TBA because one is still making wish-lists for future orders, is it still TBA?

I have a tracking number!

Quote Originally Posted by pocketsize View Post
    I have my package. Not to rub it in anyone's face, but train delays suck.

(Also, what is that tracking app you have called?)
    That screen-capture is from an iPhone 4S. The tracking information is from an app called Deliveries, and in this shot, it is sending notifications to the iOS 5 built-in notification system. Oh, and the TB wallpaper was available elsewhere in these fora.

I just got an update ... because of the train delay, my Aeronaut is one day late... coming Tuesday. And, I have ANOTHER TB package coming on Wednesday --> my little collection of Travel Stuff Sacks!

Oy! My BAS is flaring up!

Quote Originally Posted by cucciasv View Post
    After years and years of ordering tons of stuff (Apple, Amazon, TB, etc) via UPS without a single shipping issue ... always on time ...

... now that I have my first Aeronaut in the UPS stream, originally scheduled to arrive Monday ...

... I get my shipment tracking notification on my iPhone ... there has been a "TRAIN DELAY"!!!

This has got to be the worst first-world problem. Ever!

Seriously, UPS? Since when do you use trains to cross the US!!

It's Friday morning here (Pennsylvania), and now I don't even know when to expect my Aeronaut. Hitting the refresh button to check package tracking is NOT helping my BAS!! [Bihn Acquisition Syndrome]

Take a look at the pic attached ...

Name:  IMG_5239.PNG
Views: 398
Size:  326.1 KB

After reading the above post I was compelled to register on this forum and respond/contribute to this community, hopefully in a positive manner.

In the past year, I have been required to travel for work with relative frequency. I often leave home for 1-2 nights (2-3 days). After my last overnighter I was simply fed up with my established packing routine and started searching for a way to better myself and my traveling experience. Enter Tom Bihn Bags and this wonderful forum. I decided to try out Tom Bihn Bags and a Western Flyer after a ridiculously thorough vetting process (so thorough, I convinced the Western Flyer to release 12 years of tax returns, unlike somebody). Needless to say after such a long process I was looking forward to receiving my new purchase.

Then it happened...I got the news that my Western Flyer was left out in the cold with cucciasv's Aeronaut on a train platform in Hodgkins, IL. Train delay!? When I read the post and understood that it happened to someone else I knew I had to respond. A late train, come on!

This series of events has inspired me to contribute to the forum and I will certainly be posting a full review if the Western Flyer does not drown as the horse drawn wagon pulling it attempts to ford a river during delivery. At this point, I would probably continue to discuss puns and irony based on the name of the bag I ordered, but I am simply too sad.

cucciasv I am sorry and completely understand, I hope this response can offer you consolation.

The terrible truth attached below:
    Name:  sad_ship.png
Views: 302
Size:  64.2 KB

I have two ordered coming this week! how did I do that??? One is due on the 25 and the other on the 26th!
    What is wrong with me! i think it is wasabi fever. yeah, its not me!!!
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

This is a bit torturous. My package has been delivered which is great. The only problem is that I'm three hours from home and won't be back until Thursday.

I would definitely go for it. In the end you will probably lose more than the 3 or 6 hours round trip in sleep debating the decision! Either way you can't lose, homecoming presents are great too. It is very much a Christmas in July scenario.

Well said. Having something to look forward to when I get home will help extend the fun of vacation.

I just really really really hope that the box isn't a soggy mess by the time I get to it. I did ask a neighbor to put it inside for me, but I'm afraid that she won't do so until the morning. I should have asked one of you lovely people to do me the favor. You would have understood the gravity of the situation at hand.

My order started it's looooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggg voyage to Australia this morning. Delivery scheduled for Monday. MONDAY. That's still 6 sleeps away. :-(
    (And that's assuming UPS doesn't do an 'attempted delivery' and just drive by an office address without, you know, stopping and attempting delivery. Which they often do.)

Page 46 of 119 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0