Page 43 of 102 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast
Like Tree1614Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by gochicken View Post
    I don't think the urge to order diminishes until one reaches "critical mass" of TB items. Then it slows down a bit, but never entirely goes away. My UPS man actually made fun of me those few weeks after I first ordered. I think he thought I was ordering every day! I guess it must have looked ridiculous. I even can't bear to throw away the boxes.... I put them in the guest room. The other day I was trying to get something and practically fell over the huge pile.
    I'm wondering what that critical mass point actually IS for me. I keep all the boxes in the basement. The cats knocked them over the other day, and it wasn't until I restacked them that I realized just how many I had!

jea
    So I made the mistake of putting in a highly anticipated order last weekend (Synapse + Aeronaut packing cubes + other small accessories) and then choosing to go cheap on the shipping costs (the $8 slowest option). Its scheduled to be delivered on Monday the 18th (so soon and yet so far away!). The most torturous part of the wait is that every time I check the UPS update page, the bag is still sitting at the UPS facility in Seattle! Somehow it would feel better if it was slowly making its way across America (Im in Baltimore), moving from city to city, and truck to truck, from West to East. In the end they will probably put it on a plane Sunday midday, fly it into Baltimore by that night, and then deliver it Monday. I know this is silly, but somehow despite the end result being the same, it drives me crazy that they COULD have gotten it earlier than scheduled and chose not to. Oh well! Next time I pay to have it in the same week I order it.
    earth5 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jea View Post
    So I made the mistake of putting in a highly anticipated order last weekend (Synapse + Aeronaut packing cubes + other small accessories) and then choosing to go cheap on the shipping costs (the $8 slowest option). Its scheduled to be delivered on Monday the 18th (so soon and yet so far away!). The most torturous part of the wait is that every time I check the UPS update page, the bag is still sitting at the UPS facility in Seattle! Somehow it would feel better if it was slowly making its way across America (Im in Baltimore), moving from city to city, and truck to truck, from West to East. In the end they will probably put it on a plane Sunday midday, fly it into Baltimore by that night, and then deliver it Monday. I know this is silly, but somehow despite the end result being the same, it drives me crazy that they COULD have gotten it earlier than scheduled and chose not to. Oh well! Next time I pay to have it in the same week I order it.
    Well that doesn't sound right! Can you email me your order number?
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

jea
    Thanks for your willingness to look into it Katy! I just sent you an email. Also forgot to mention that I totally understand that this is a UPS issue, not a Tom Bihn issue, in terms of how they manage the shipping process once you guys turn over the package.

When I found out that the Black/Black Little Swift was available for preorder I quickly figured out whatadditional items needed to join it and pushed the button. I know it isn't, but August seems SOOOOO far away. As hard as it is to wait, I'm so thankful that Tom decided to make the LS in all black. I know that Tom Bihn isn't trying to be a custom/made to order kind of company, but what you guys do, you do very well. LISTENING, to customer's ideas, requests and desires makes you semi custom and that's good enough in my book! Many thanks Tom for bringing to us this long awaited bag combination!
    Darcy and backpack like this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Wow! When did that happen? Is it Ballistic?
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Yes, WOW! and other expletives of excitement are appropriate.
    Today.
    Yes, ballistic!
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Yes, WOW! and other expletives of excitement are appropriate.
    Today.
    Yes, ballistic!
    Nice! I got the LS in steel/steel last month for my sister. It is VERY pretty. I like its combination with the black base accent.

Walker, I bet it is very striking and beautiful, I love all of my ballistic steel bags and am planning for at least an Aeronaut in my future. Honestly I was torn with the steel option, but with owning the Hemp (spring and summer) and Cork (all season/ fall) versions I thought black as a true winter/formal option would be a great addition to my bag repitoire. I believe I will be immensely happy, and know the black will play well with the other bags too.
    I know it's been said, probably by me even, but I love how the offerings from TB have diveresity enough to satisfy different tastes and situations and styles, but also work well together both within the current collection and in time. Unlike other bag makers, I don't have the fear that something that I buy now wont work with something that I buy in 5-10 years when I buy TB. Thank you for not only making a long lived product durability wise, but choosing to also make the style and fashion sense of the bags able to withstand the tests of time! Definitely feeling the TB love!

I agree with all your points, @Dorayme.

After much flip-flopping between the black/black and the steel/steel Swift for myself, I decided on the latter. I got my sis the LS steel/steel, so we are matchy, matchy. We live in different states, though, but I saw her LS when I visited - it is more stunning than its larger, if I may say so

Black is black, so I am sure you will LOVE your new soon-to-come LS black/black. Congratulations - the wait will be over before you know it!
    dorayme likes this.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my copilot vs cadet post. I placed a copilot order over the weekend with a few little things for myself :-)

So, now I sit and wait....

amw
    I've placed my latest order, prompted by the impending disappearance of solar, but now I'm waiting till August for some backordered items. Talk about a long anticipation.

I'm in the same boat as you, some Solar, and a Black LS, but the cool thing is that now I can add in a few whistles and **fingers crossed** maybe there may be an item or two in the new Dyneema that is in stock when my order is ready to ship that I can some how add to my order and get thrown into the box.

amw
    I'm a little afraid that I'll add so much (just added whistles) that I'll need my own delivery truck!
    Katy likes this.

Got my cache and nook pouches yesterday. Need to take pictures of my travel setup, Brain Cell with Macbook Pro, Cache with IPad 2 and Nook pouch with Nook book. Along with my Snake Charmer, I will not be bored on travel again!
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

Page 43 of 102 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0