Page 42 of 119 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast
Like Tree2137Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Scattered View Post
    I think this is my first bag with a QR barcode, and it jumped out at me right away when I first started unzipping the pockets. Seems to be a good, slightly inconspicuous yet easily viewable spot. Yes, the red pen-like object in the side pocket is a Just Mobile AluPen, which I occasionally use with my iPad. It works well and I enjoy the chunkier size and slightly weighty feel, but I find myself using it as often as I thought I would. I had a clear organizer pen/pencil case, but it vanished from my office one day last fall along with a Lamy Al-Star fountain pen, a Faber-Castell Ondoro roller ball, and a Faber-Castell Ondoro mechanical pencil that were stored in it. I'm still not over the loss of those items.
    So sorry for the loss of the CO pen/pencil case.

In high school, a classmate of mine since kindergarten, took a fountain pen I left on top of my notebook for the only time in my school life. It was recess and I had stepped out for a couple of minute to get a sip of water.
    I found out about her guilt because she used it for an exam and it was shiny steel and had glittering faceted designs. The only on in the entire school because we lived in a tiny town and there was no Internet shopping in those days.
    She was confronted after the exam and for weeks after that, even the involvements of parents did not do anything. She flat out denied taking it while refusing to tell us where she got it.
    I should not have been surprised, a couple of years before, she and other classmates were regularly cheating on classroom tests, using textbooks, in no reference permitted exams.

So I feel your pain.
    Last edited by backpack; 05-31-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scattered View Post
    I had a clear organizer pen/pencil case, but it vanished from my office one day last fall along with a Lamy Al-Star fountain pen, a Faber-Castell Ondoro roller ball, and a Faber-Castell Ondoro mechanical pencil that were stored in it. I'm still not over the loss of those items.
    GASP! I would be devastated! Someone in your office clearly also has good taste in pens and Organizer Pouches .
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Tlactme have you gotten your Navy/Iberian Synapse yet? Let us know what you think of the color combination it's great to be able to vicariously enjoy new bags!

moriond
    What a good memory you have, moriond! No, I haven't gotten my N/I Synapse yet. I also ordered a Cache with it that was on backorder, so I knew it would be a little bit before I received the order and have been patiently biding my time. I'm very excited, though! I have a black/uv Synapse that I purchased last fall, so I already know how much I love the Synapse and the N/I combo = Totally Beast (as my middle schooler would say). I know, I know, who needs 2 Synapses, really?! I justify it because in my large family someone can always use it As long as I have it by the 4th of July, I'll be good!

Ooohh man, I'm finally gone and done it after months of lurking on the site and being entertained on these forums while doing my research. Just ordered the Ristretto for the iPad, and as I hate to think of it making such a long journey to Scotland all on it's own, I've asked Tom et al to give it some company in the shape of numerous organiser pouches and key straps (Badgers fault since he recently posted that picture on the Bag Reviews forum of all his pouches on display).

I had to reign myself in though, I really could do with a Synapse, and that Citizen Canine is calling out for some luvin' too. I reckon I'll be in enough trouble if the Long Haired General ever catches sight of the invoice that accompanies the package - is there a forum/help group for that? Thanks to all for their informative posts on the forum in recent months. Hell, if I survive the LHG's wrath I may even post some pictures after the packages arrival.

Best wishes to all,
    David
    Last edited by davys; 06-01-2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Typo
    Katy likes this.

You can't do anything about this purchase, but I've found a good way to "hide" the next one. You have to keep the empty TB box laying around...I mean forever. Then, you need to calculate the shipping time so your next order will arrive on a day when said other will be away. When the second order arrives, you throw away the old box and leave the new one laying around. Or, you can leave two lying around in anticipation of a third order. I've found that the BF tends to just always assume there will be a TB box laying around somewhere so he doesn't notice when a new one comes in. Best of luck!

LOL Darbs ...it's always good for us newbies to be educated in the Ways of Bihn by those who have earned knowledge and experience :-)
    Katy and Walker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by davys View Post
    as I hate to think of it making such a long journey to Scotland all on it's own, I've asked Tom et al to give it some company in the shape of numerous organiser pouches and key straps (Badgers fault since he recently posted that picture on the Bag Reviews forum of all his pouches on display).
    It's always Badger's fault, isn't it? I'm a supreme enabler. I'm also not a dude (as Mrs Badger will attest).

You know, David, I don't own a Ristretto. I could perhaps lean that way though, so you'll have to tell me what you think. That is, if you live.

Quote Originally Posted by davys View Post
    . . Hell, if I survive the LHG's wrath I may even post some pictures after the packages arrival. . . . David
    You could have greased that with a TB bag & accessories for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    GASP! I would be devastated! Someone in your office clearly also has good taste in pens and Organizer Pouches .
    I was devastated. Still not over it. Worse thing, the Lamy was a birthday gift from a good friend and the Ondoro's were a birthday and Christmas gift from my parents. Always seems worse to me when I lose something given to me buy someone I care about instead of something I purchased for myself.
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Guys... I have a problem. And the forum, reviews and youtube videos only exacerbated my problem!

I wanted a small backpack, really, that was IT. And somehow with my birthday on the horizon and the fact that I needed some retail therapy (My Dear Soulmate's out of town for two weeks) turned into a couple of very expensive days. I am a first-time Tom Bihn customer - this company has been highly recommended for YEARS by three close friends of mine. I am a little embarrassed by the multiple orders, and hope the good folk of Tom Bihn don't think I am too crazy... there have to be more crazy people than me, right?!

It started with...
    1 Steel Dyneema/Solar Synapse
    1 Iberian Clear Quarter Packing Cube
    1 Black Key Strap

And spread to another order a few days later...
    1 Black/Steel/Wasabi ID Bag with Absolute Shoulder Strap
    1 Cayenne 16-inch Key Strap
    1 Cork Clear Organizer Wallet
    1 Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (don't think I need this, but probably won't return it, as it's the only UV item I’ve ordered!)

And overflowed into ANOTHER order last night...
    1 Large Iberian Shop Bag
    2 Large Clear Organizer Pouches
    1 Small Clear Organizer Pouch
    1 Mini Clear Organizer Pouch
    ….(AND expedited shipping)

First shipment arriving tomorrow. Second shipment arriving Monday. Third shipment arrival unknown. I should have been smarter and combined the whole darn thing. But the WANT MONSTER kept gnawing away at my sanity.

HALP! [As if I needed *another* reason to move to Seattle ]
    earth5 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinter42 View Post
    Guys... I have a problem. And the forum, reviews and youtube videos only exacerbated my problem!

I wanted a small backpack, really, that was IT. And somehow with my birthday on the horizon and the fact that I needed some retail therapy (My Dear Soulmate's out of town for two weeks) turned into a couple of very expensive days. I am a first-time Tom Bihn customer - this company has been highly recommended for YEARS by three close friends of mine. I am a little embarrassed by the multiple orders, and hope the good folk of Tom Bihn don't think I am too crazy... there have to be more crazy people than me, right?!

It started with...
    1 Steel Dyneema/Solar Synapse
    1 Iberian Clear Quarter Packing Cube
    1 Black Key Strap

And spread to another order a few days later...
    1 Black/Steel/Wasabi ID Bag with Absolute Shoulder Strap
    1 Cayenne 16-inch Key Strap
    1 Cork Clear Organizer Wallet
    1 Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (don't think I need this, but probably won't return it, as it's the only UV item I’ve ordered!)

And overflowed into ANOTHER order last night...
    1 Large Iberian Shop Bag
    2 Large Clear Organizer Pouches
    1 Small Clear Organizer Pouch
    1 Mini Clear Organizer Pouch
    ….(AND expedited shipping)

First shipment arriving tomorrow. Second shipment arriving Monday. Third shipment arrival unknown. I should have been smarter and combined the whole darn thing. But the WANT MONSTER kept gnawing away at my sanity.

HALP! [As if I needed *another* reason to move to Seattle ]
    Eep!!! You can always call and add stuff to your order if it hasn't shipped! I assume it's easier to wait for one box than it is for three!

If you move to Seattle think of all the awesome visits to the factory you could make! AND all of the awesome stuff to do around town. Did you hear we're getting a ferris wheel?

Thanks, Katy! I know for next time (though I think I've ordered enough to last me a while!). The first two packages are on their way, and the third hopefully soon. Lesson learned

A ferris wheel! That's fantastic! Hoping we visit during Thansgiving week, maybe it will be up by then. In the meantime, I've got my eye on jobs in the area. I hope it's not too gray too often, I don't mind but My Dear Soulmate might :/

Quote Originally Posted by sprinter42 View Post
    Thanks, Katy! I know for next time (though I think I've ordered enough to last me a while!). The first two packages are on their way, and the third hopefully soon. Lesson learned

A ferris wheel! That's fantastic! Hoping we visit during Thansgiving week, maybe it will be up by then. In the meantime, I've got my eye on jobs in the area. I hope it's not too gray too often, I don't mind but My Dear Soulmate might :/
    Send me an email before you visit! I'll send you some ideas of what to do . The ferris wheel is actually almost finished! They put the clear baskets on it the other day! During that time of the year it tends to be a little grey. However, it doesn't really rain as often as we say it does..

http://www.pier57ferriswheel.com/
    Last edited by Katy; 06-06-2012 at 10:24 AM.

I don't think the urge to order diminishes until one reaches "critical mass" of TB items. Then it slows down a bit, but never entirely goes away. My UPS man actually made fun of me those few weeks after I first ordered. I think he thought I was ordering every day! I guess it must have looked ridiculous. I even can't bear to throw away the boxes.... I put them in the guest room. The other day I was trying to get something and practically fell over the huge pile.
    Katy and earth5 like this.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Send me an email before you visit! I'll send you some ideas of what to do . The ferris wheel is actually almost finished! They put the clear baskets on it the other day! During that time of the year it tends to be a little grey. However, it doesn't really rain as often as we say it does..

Seattle Pier 57 Ferris Wheel
    You are the best, Katy! Thank you, I will definitely take you up on that

Page 42 of 119 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0