Page 41 of 96 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast
Like Tree1352Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I don't think I phrased that in the best way possible. What I meant to say is that in the future, I shall enable my own OP purchases, and limit my discourse with you to animated discussions of ice cream and corgis. If it would make you feel better, I could call you today and we could have an awkward phone convo, just like last time . . .
    Badger, you are sooo wrong about this. How else are you going to find out up to the minute information about OP color/material availability and make sure that the pouches you want are set aside for you? Katy, I totally disagree with this. The cayenne large organizer pouch (500D Cordura) just arrived with the other goodies, and was gorgeous. Not saying that I need Katy to enable my purchases (not that she doesn't help with this), but ordering pouches is just not the same, otherwise

moriond

I wasn't the one that took a spill this winter, I think it was backpack. I had one last winter. But thankfully I came away minor superficial injuries. The soreness in the other parts of me faded much faster than the bruised ego part did.

eta, and with Katy's urgency, I agree, OPEN IT!!!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Badger, you are sooo wrong about this. How else are you going to find out up to the minute information about OP color/material availability and make sure that the pouches you want are set aside for you? Katy, I totally disagree with this. The cayenne large organizer pouch (500D Cordura) just arrived with the other goodies, and was gorgeous. Not saying that I need Katy to enable my purchases (not that she doesn't help with this), but ordering pouches is just not the same, otherwise

moriond
    I'm not quite sure what's going on here. I generally just put an OP in the cart, say in the comments what colors I like, and take pot luck. I have never gotten an OP that I didn't love. It's part of the fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    I wasn't the one that took a spill this winter, I think it was backpack. I had one last winter. But thankfully I came away minor superficial injuries. The soreness in the other parts of me faded much faster than the bruised ego part did.

Yes, it was me.

Huge Healing Thoughts your way, Scattered!

Did you open the goodies yet?

HOW do I always manage to place an order on the last shipping day of a week?? *head/desk* LOL
    Ego in Cardinal/Steel, Ristretto in Plum/Wasabi, Side Effect in Plum/Wasabi, Imago in Navy/Cork/Wasabi, Cafe Bags in Azalea, Turquoise, and Linen, TB Wallet, misc. pouches, and son's Brain Bag in Steel

Just got a Steel/Solar Western Flyer this week, some solar pouches and the camera I/O bag. I don't think I could be happier! The solar interior is even better than I thought it would be. The camera bag fits my DSLR and extra lenses perfectly. I guess the first step is admitting you have an addiction, which I happily do with TB gear.
    Katy and Sera like this.
    Navy Brain Bag, Navy/Iberian Aeronaut, Black/Steel Tristar, Black/Black/Steel Ego, Several Organizer Pouches

Quote Originally Posted by Sera View Post
    HOW do I always manage to place an order on the last shipping day of a week?? *head/desk* LOL
    Oof! I'm really good at doing that when I order stuff online too .
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Sera View Post
    I feel your pain - I always seem to order on a Saturday or late friday so I get to wait over a week for my TB things to find their way to the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    DID YOU OPEN IT?!!!!!!!!
    Yes...of course I opened it! Just not until I got home from work. Too much going on the office these days to open it during working hours. Also so much going on I haven't had time to check in here since the package arrived. When I opened the box, the first thing I saw was the lovely postcard of Aeronauts in Italy signed by you and Tom...I was very tickled. While I wasn't able to handle my DSLR along with the crutches, but I did manage to get some obligatory "unboxing" photos with my point-and-shoot. I'll try posting a few with this comment, but I'm not sure I know what I'm doing. I had 7 to upload, but only 5 look like they might attach.

I've already had my first "incident" with the Synapse. Today, my Mom was here to help me out and she filled my 20-ounce water bottle and put it in the Synapse water bottle pocket. While the cover was on "tight", it wasn't on straight; when I arrived at work and started pulling out my gear, it was all wet! Over 2/3 of the water in the bottle was in the water bottle pocket and lower front pocket and almost all interior surfaces were wet. However, not a drop of the water leaked out of the bag! The Synapse still hasn't dried out...hopefully, it will be ready by tomorrow morning.

I'm still a bit unsure of using a backpack instead of a messenger bag, but it's only been a few days. Also haven't quite found "the spot" for all my regular gear. The most problematic seems to be a spot for my wallet and point-and-shoot camera. And I seem to have way more stuff that wants to be sorted into the smaller front pocket areas than in the large back pocket. I'll keep working at it to try and find the right "fit" for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by Scattered; 05-29-2012 at 07:31 PM.
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    It's been done. I've just been busy at work and having a hard time getting around so it delayed my posting. I did post a couple of "unboxing" photos earlier tonight. Hopefully, that makes up for my slacking at posting since my box arrived!
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Yes, it was me. Huge Healing Thoughts your way, Scattered! Did you open the goodies yet?
    Ah, bad memory on my part! Not the first time, won't be the last. Thanks for the good thoughts, much appreciated.

Scattered, nice pics! Once you ease into the Synapse's configurations, I think you're gonna love it! Is this your first foray into the shop bag? I don't have any, but I've been pondering...

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    Scattered, nice pics! Once you ease into the Synapse's configurations, I think you're gonna love it! Is this your first foray into the shop bag? I don't have any, but I've been pondering...
    @Tlactme have you gotten your Navy/Iberian Synapse yet? Let us know what you think of the color combination it's great to be able to vicariously enjoy new bags! @Scattered great pics! I love the detailing in the textures; you can really see the Iberian Dyneema up close in the Synapse side pocket, and I was wondering where they were putting the new QR barcodes on this bag. Is that a touch screen stylus (red, and with the contact edge pointing down, out of sight) in the side pocket? Sometimes I use a clear organizer pen/pencil case in my Synapse Side Pocket. It doesn't have to be used for pens and pencils; for example, it's a good place to stash eating utensils (and knitters probably have these attached to their Swifts).

The shop bags are super-useful, by the way. I use these all the time. Just the fact that bags never rip or tear, even when wet, are extremely light weight, and have comfortable padded handles, makes them worth having. If you're using them for grocery shopping, the large bags are about the size of large paper grocery bags, but the small (or regular) shop bags that were first designed have their pockets better matched to the size of half gallon beverage containers and bottles. The pockets also work as good insulation, or can take "sweating" of cooled containers, and you can also use the bags with the pockets turned outwards.

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    I actually ordered the Small Shop Bag for my Mom, as a thank you for helping me out while I'm injured. However, it's still at my house - Mom found a use ferrying things up and down the stairs when she's over on Sunday nights to bring down what I need for the week. I've also found it handy during the week, when I need to move things from room to room that are too large to fit in my pocket. The thin handles are easy enough to grip and still be able to hold onto the grip of the crutches, as long as I'm careful. The Shop Bag is larger than I expected and really lightweight with the Dyneema fabric. It seems to folds up nicely too, so I can see it working well keeping it in the car or in a larger bag to use as "shopping" bag (duh) when running errands or as an overflow bag when traveling. I think that's how Mom will probably use it, when she finally claims it for her own use. When it leaves my house, I may have to order a replacement...

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    ...I was wondering where they were putting the new QR barcodes on this bag. Is that a touch screen stylus (red, and with the contact edge pointing down, out of sight) in the side pocket? Sometimes I use a clear organizer pen/pencil case in my Synapse Side Pocket.
    I think this is my first bag with a QR barcode, and it jumped out at me right away when I first started unzipping the pockets. Seems to be a good, slightly inconspicuous yet easily viewable spot. Yes, the red pen-like object in the side pocket is a Just Mobile AluPen, which I occasionally use with my iPad. It works well and I enjoy the chunkier size and slightly weighty feel, but I find myself using it as often as I thought I would. I had a clear organizer pen/pencil case, but it vanished from my office one day last fall along with a Lamy Al-Star fountain pen, a Faber-Castell Ondoro roller ball, and a Faber-Castell Ondoro mechanical pencil that were stored in it. I'm still not over the loss of those items.

Page 41 of 96 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0