Page 40 of 117 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast
Like Tree2095Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Apparently I don't need Katy--I'm perfectly capable of enabling myself: I just ordered a mini Dyneema pouch in Solar. There is something wrong with me.
    Ahahaha! This just made me snort my coffee! And the reason it's so funny is that I've just filled up my basket with OPs and (finally) a Smart Alec. I just kept thinking "I'm already ordering something large, and it just makes sense, as far as shipping, to add a bunch of small things". And they're just so darn useful. There is nothing wrong with us. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by nukediver View Post
    Ahahaha! This just made me snort my coffee! And the reason it's so funny is that I've just filled up my basket with OPs and (finally) a Smart Alec. I just kept thinking "I'm already ordering something large, and it just makes sense, as far as shipping, to add a bunch of small things". And they're just so darn useful. There is nothing wrong with us. Nothing.
    What color SA did you end up getting?

And thank you for the validation--let's just say that around the Badger household, someone finds my love of OPs "a little interesting." I think I've been coerced into pathologizing a very healthy appreciation for organization, and brightly-colored gridded nylon.

"There is nothing wrong with me. Nothing." = my new mantra.
    Last edited by Badger; 05-20-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Spelling; holy cow.

What color SA did you end up getting?

And thank you for the validation--let's just say that around the Badger household, someone finds my love of OPs "a little interesting." I think I've been coerced into pathologizing a very healthy appreciation for organization, and brightly-colored gridded nylon.

"There is nothing wrong with me. Nothing." = my new manta.

I agonized over this and finally ended up with Black/Cardinal/Steel - I love red too much to keep it hidden on the inside :-)*

I'm slowly convincing my SO that OPs are the way to go to help get a grip on one's stuff. After I got her a Synapse for her birthday a few months ago, she's become a total TB convert. She *borrowed* my Medium Cafe bag yesterday for our jaunt through the Met in NY, then didn't want to give it back - "I'd like to use it this week, if that's ok with you, since you already have so many other bags". Guilty, as charged.

And that slogan would look nice on a t-shirt, or a mug, no?
    Last edited by nukediver; 05-20-2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: formatting

"since you already have so many other bags".
    So many other bags, indeed. I hope she knows that Medium Café Bags are kind of like underwear, in that I'll loan you mine in a pinch, but it's weird if you end up wanting to hang onto it forever.

Apparently I don't need Katy--I'm perfectly capable of enabling myself: I just ordered a mini Dyneema pouch in Solar. There is something wrong with me.
    Whaaaaaaaaaat
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

So many other bags, indeed. I hope she knows that Medium Café Bags are kind of like underwear, in that I'll loan you mine in a pinch, but it's weird if you end up wanting to hang onto it forever.
    HAHAHAHA! I too have lost my Cafe bag, although it was a large one. The BF used it for our trip to Denver and despite me asking for it back, it seems to have "disappeared" into his bag stash despite him telling me he often felt like he was carrying a "European Carry-All". From now on, I'll be ordering my Cafe bags in girly colors.
    ncb4 and nukediver like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Whaaaaaaaaaat
    I don't think I phrased that in the best way possible. What I meant to say is that in the future, I shall enable my own OP purchases, and limit my discourse with you to animated discussions of ice cream and corgis. If it would make you feel better, I could call you today and we could have an awkward phone convo, just like last time . . .
    ncb4 likes this.

It may be weird, but it may also be a way for me to justify the purchase of a new Medium Café bag for the household :-)

It may be weird, but it may also be a way for me to justify the purchase of a new Medium Café bag for the household :-)
    In which case, you probably won't want to touch the underwear analogy with a 10-foot pole. Good luck!

Last week I ordered a bag that was actually not even on my list of desired TB items....the Synapse. I'm usually more of a messenger style bag fan, but after breaking my foot on while on vacation earlier this month and being restricted to crutches for several weeks, the idea of a backpack style bag seemed to make sense. Hopefully, I can haul my stash of stuff I can't live without to work and back without the bag smacking a crutch every "step" or two or having to have someone else carry it for me. I heard the back orders of Synapses should be filled soon, so mine should ship soon and arrive this week if I'm lucky. Along with a couple of key straps and pouches to "fill out the box" and keep the Synapse from getting too lonely on its long journey to the east coast. I might be able to spend the holiday weekend packing/repacking to make friends with my new Synapse.
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Saying a prayer that your foot heals quickly and your Synapse arrives quickly.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by Scattered View Post
    Last week I ordered a bag that was actually not even on my list of desired TB items....the Synapse. I'm usually more of a messenger style bag fan, but after breaking my foot on while on vacation earlier this month and being restricted to crutches for several weeks, the idea of a backpack style bag seemed to make sense. Hopefully, I can haul my stash of stuff I can't live without to work and back without the bag smacking a crutch every "step" or two or having to have someone else carry it for me. I heard the back orders of Synapses should be filled soon, so mine should ship soon and arrive this week if I'm lucky. Along with a couple of key straps and pouches to "fill out the box" and keep the Synapse from getting too lonely on its long journey to the east coast. I might be able to spend the holiday weekend packing/repacking to make friends with my new Synapse.
    I was going to hit the "like" button, but I don't want to give the impression that I'm happy that you broke your foot! I hope you're up and off those crutches soon. But until the happy day, I hope your Synapse arrives quickly so it can help you carry things around with those dastardly crutches.

I switched to a backpack when i was on crutches too! I was only on them for two weeks, but the backpack switch is permanent. Now I really want a Dyneema Synapse.

Just a quick update to let everyone now that Katy and the kind folks at TB changed my upgraded 3-day shipping to overnight shipping and our office manager just put the infamous TB box on my desk! Hip Hip Hurrah for Katy and the Tom Bihn Family!

Now, if my boss doesn't work too late tonight - he's my ride these days as I'm not allowed to drive (something about needing a fully functional right foot/ankle to drive here in the States) - I'll be able to admire, photograph, test pack, and play with my new Synapse tonight. Hopefully, the Synapse will suit me and I'll be able to give it a go for work tomorrow. I'm hoping I can even fit my lunch in it, with the rest of my daily carry, since my Land's End insulated lunch bucket is very square and just tough to carry with the crutches.

Dorayme - Thank you, I never turn away prayers and positive energy from nice folks like you. You had a fall this winter didn't you? I hope you are well and truly recovered by now.

ncb4 - I wouldn't have taken a "like" as you were glad I broke my foot, since I've read many of your posts on this forum and don't find you to be a nasty type! "Dastardly" is an apt and good descriptor for crutches! This is my third time on them - last time was 15 years ago for a 9 month period - so you'd think I'd be an old hand at it, but having to put absolutely no weight on a foot is tougher than it sounds. Or maybe it's being 15 years older and a little bit heavier and more out of shape?

Rocks - Glad to hear that switching to a backpack to use crutches worked for someone else. I'm on the crutches for a minimum of 5 weeks, then back to the doc to find out what's next. It'll be interesting to see if I become a permanent backpack convert like during this time period.

Now, back to work with me.
    dorayme and jaon like this.
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Just a quick update to let everyone now that Katy and the kind folks at TB changed my upgraded 3-day shipping to overnight shipping and our office manager just put the infamous TB box on my desk! Hip Hip Hurrah for Katy and the Tom Bihn Family!

Now, if my boss doesn't work too late tonight - he's my ride these days as I'm not allowed to drive (something about needing a fully functional right foot/ankle to drive here in the States) - I'll be able to admire, photograph, test pack, and play with my new Synapse tonight. Hopefully, the Synapse will suit me and I'll be able to give it a go for work tomorrow. I'm hoping I can even fit my lunch in it, with the rest of my daily carry, since my Land's End insulated lunch bucket is very square and just tough to carry with the crutches.

Dorayme - Thank you, I never turn away prayers and positive energy from nice folks like you. You had a fall this winter didn't you? I hope you are well and truly recovered by now.

ncb4 - I wouldn't have taken a "like" as you were glad I broke my foot, since I've read many of your posts on this forum and don't find you to be a nasty type! "Dastardly" is an apt and good descriptor for crutches! This is my third time on them - last time was 15 years ago for a 9 month period - so you'd think I'd be an old hand at it, but having to put absolutely no weight on a foot is tougher than it sounds. Or maybe it's being 15 years older and a little bit heavier and more out of shape?

Rocks - Glad to hear that switching to a backpack to use crutches worked for someone else. I'm on the crutches for a minimum of 5 weeks, then back to the doc to find out what's next. It'll be interesting to see if I become a permanent backpack convert like during this time period.

Now, back to work with me.
    DID YOU OPEN IT?!!!!!!!!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Page 40 of 117 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0