Page 36 of 103 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast
Like Tree1642Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by dmauder View Post
    Ahhhhhhhh....... It is truly a GLORIOUS day!!! (I think the UPS guy was wondering why I was sitting on the porch waiting for him)

Attachment 2262

The Navy blue is MUCH more deep & rich in person... The camera simply cannot do it justice. This bag just oozes quality!

Time for some test packing and then I'll post a review. I might just write a detailed review and see if JeffMac will post it on his blog, then post a link here.

Hmmm.....now I'm wishing I would have ordered more. Need a backpack packing cube, 3D organizer cube, snake charmer, side effect, and various other organizational pouches. Oh man! What have I done?!?!? I have TB addiction!
    My Tri-Star is the same color!!!! We're bag twins!!!!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

My package is in Roseburg, Or. But i will not get it til Thursday, so I should calm down!
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

Quote Originally Posted by joiedwards View Post
    I am so wanting a Tri-Star now. Thanks a lot!
    Do it! It's one of my favorite bags . I can't recommend it highly enough.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Got to save up some money first. I don't think you are beta testing them anymore! haha
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

I just did a 5-minute test pack in the Tri-Star for a 3-4 day business trip, and I honestly have to say I'm amazed at how much this bag holds! It was like a speed pack just to prove it to myself and show my wife... Basically, in just a few minutes without batting an eye, I packed: 1 jeans, 2 chinos, 3 polos, t-shirt, workout shorts, 4 underwear, 2 undershirts, 4 socks, sandals, toiletries bag, 3-1-1 zip-lock bag, water bottle, and my laptop in a neoprene sleeve. BTW, the packing cubes were definitely money well spent!

All I can say is....WOW!!! It's very comfortable with the absolute strap (haven't tried the backpack straps yet). Anyway, more detail to come later (in a different thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Do it! It's one of my favorite bags . I can't recommend it highly enough.
    Yes joiedwards, take this great advice from Katy, she's my bag twin and she knows best! I can't wait to take my new TS on a trip. I'm flying to Philly on Sunday night for a 2-day business trip. I'll definitely be "one-bagging" it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1966 View Post
    Ah the joys of in-line tracking.

After placing my order before commencement of business on Monday (Seattle time) I was delighted to receive an email with tracking details later that day from UPS and then watched 'patiently' as MY package went from Seattle to Portland - which kind made sense although why did it take 3 hours?.

After sitting there for almost 3 more hours it departed, for Louisville, KY - WHAT, that is the wrong direction. It should be heading west to Australia not east. For a brief moment I thought that my address in Australia had been confused for Austria then I discovered that Louisville, KY is the UPS international hub - phew.

Mind you it has been sitting for 5 hours now in Louisville, what are these people doing! Don't they know that this package, MY package is the only known cure for TB Anticipation Syndrome?

Of course from previous experience this sort of delay is nothing compared to the wait in Australian customs, ho hum.....
    Hmmm, arrival scan Louisville, KY, United States, 17/04/2012,13:18 - it is now 22:49 there, what are these people doing? Don't they know after seeing the pics below that I'm getting desperate and need to see progress? People around me could get injured if nothing happens soon!

I'm blaming JLE - the plane must be waiting for her order.....

JLE
    Hmmm, arrival scan Louisville, KY, United States, 17/04/2012,13:18 - it is now 22:49 there, what are these people doing? Don't they know after seeing the pics below that I'm getting desperate and need to see progress? People around me could get injured if nothing happens soon!

I clearly do not have quite as serious a bag addiction as you, Mark1966, however much you may protest in other threads. I am not spending my entire day tracking my Aeronaut! I am sure it is in a box sitting right next to your box anyway....

You can track UPS planes, here. Wait for the one which mention, in your case, an Australian airport.

FlightAware > Louisville Intl Airport (Louisville, KY) KSDF / SDF Flight Tracker

Others can do the same for other countries.

For U.S people, who choose Air delivery, check Seattle airport and your destination airport, if you live in a big city or the closest international airport, if you live in a small one.

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    You can track UPS planes, here. Wait for the one which mention, in your case, an Australian airport.

FlightAware > Louisville Intl Airport (Louisville, KY) KSDF / SDF Flight Tracker

For U.S people, who choose Air delivery, check Seattle airport and your destination airport, if you live in a big city or the closest international airport, if you live in a small one.
    Thanks for this, backpack! Very useful indeed. I must say, though, that the mere fact others are in possession of this level of tracking prowess tells me that my TB Addiction Syndrome is barely at Stage 1!

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post

That is pretty cool!

Trouble is that they tricked me - it went on UPS32 to Honolulu first before hoping aboard UPS34 from there to Sydney.

Estimated arrived 3pm this afternoon - then for the slow crawl through customs.....

Of course while my TB Bag is winging its way to me the EC Folder ordered from an on-line Australian supplier is, well, not in stock at the moment and unlikely to reach me until 30 April or a little later! So typical of Aussie e-tailers Grrrrrr
    Last edited by Mark1966; 04-18-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Just received an email that my order shipped! Looking forward to a ID (black,steel, wasabi), various packing cubes for our aeronauts including a pcsb for my wife and some key straps. Oh, and a nook pouch! Thanks also to Brian @ TB for a last minute addition to the order.

All this stuff, especially the cubes, would have made our 6 day business trip to the mainland (returned on monday) alot more convenient. Oh well. Looking forward to the next time. Really looking forward to the order arriving!!!

Email says I have a TB package waiting at home. que "Anticipation" playing in my head.
    Joi Edwards

IT IS HERE!

After my disparaging remarks about the likely delays due to Australian Customs the in-line tracking showed the paperwork being done yesterday before the package had even arrived. With an Arrival Scan at 15:06, an Import Scan at 17:50 and a Departure Scan from Botany in Sydney at 23:29 I was resigned to another weekend BTB (that is Before Tom Bihn).

Returning to the office after a nice catch up coffee with my wife unexpectedly I came across this:

WOW, impressive delivery speed. Let's open it up and check that it is mine...

This looks like the goods....

Yep, it has arrived! Tri-Star in Black/Iberian with Absolute Strap and a couple of packing cubes

Iberian in all its glory!

Now I can get rid of this heavy old thing. It served me well but I'm looking forward to my next trip with the TB.

Note: EC Folders nowhere to be seen from Aussie e-tailer!

Quote Originally Posted by joiedwards View Post
    Email says I have a TB package waiting at home. que "Anticipation" playing in my head.
    You mean this?

Page 36 of 103 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0