Page 35 of 114 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast
Like Tree2043Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Thumbs up

Figured I'd add to this thread just to make myself feel better... I finally pulled the trigger on my first TB bag after what feels like MONTHS of research, waffling, reading reviews, watching videos, more waffling, asking questions, and a bit more waffling. Oh, and then a tad bit of waffling. I'm also a tightwad (per my wife), so it took a while to convince myself to spend that much money on a bag.

Anyway, here's what I ordered:
    1. Tri-Star in Navy/Solar w/Absolute strap and waist strap
    2. Backpack packing cube in Steel
    3. Medium packing cube

I've already started calculating how long it might take UPS to get to Toledo from Seattle. I'm sure on Monday I'll be looking out the front window to see if they are here yet. LOL!

Of course, I've already started thinking about the next TB purchase. Need something to complement my Tri-Star when I have to pack more tech gear than will fit in the TS with my clothes. I can't wait to sell all my "imported" bags. Already sold my old roller suitcase at a garage sale this week.

Happy Easter!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dmauder View Post
    Figured I'd add to this thread just to make myself feel better... I finally pulled the trigger on my first TB bag after what feels like MONTHS of research, waffling, reading reviews, watching videos, more waffling, asking questions, and a bit more waffling. Oh, and then a tad bit of waffling. . .
    Congratulations! Many of us in the forum love to see photos of other members' purchases.

I have been flip-flopping on the Aeronaut & Tristar for ages! I placed an order for the Aeronaut Navy/Iberian this morning. I will not see it till later in the month. My color of choice is on backorder. TB generally ships earlier than the published ETA. So there is always the chance that I will see my new bag sooner. Until then, I visit the photos on the product page.

Oh, my new LCB came into today and it is magical. I found it on eBay and bidded on it on a whim. It said Steel/Blue and the seller said it didn't match any blue currently offered. It is great! The outside is a darker steel, well dark compared to the inside of my MCB. The blue on the inside is a really rich royal blue, but not sapphire and not navy, somewhere in between. I will post pics later on. It is better than expected.
    ncb4 likes this.

OOPS, I did it again. Ordered two bags, not one! Finally pulled the trigger for my own Synapse (navy). I'm not a backpack person, but the design seems so good, perhaps I should try it. Then called Brian to add a navy Imago to the order. Have been debating them for months. And a clear quarter packing cube & other misc. items in UV Dyneema. Maybe the Imago will arrive in time for my writer's conference next week...
    ncb4 and dorayme like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TavaPeak View Post
    OOPS, I did it again. Ordered two bags, not one! Finally pulled the trigger for my own Synapse (navy). I'm not a backpack person, but the design seems so good, perhaps I should try it. Then called Brian to add a navy Imago to the order. Have been debating them for months. And a clear quarter packing cube & other misc. items in UV Dyneema. Maybe the Imago will arrive in time for my writer's conference next week...
    What writer's conference are you attending? I hope all your bags arrive in time for you to use them there.

Pikes Peak Writers Conference. I'm a newbie to this event, but wanted to meet more of "the tribe" in my region. Imago would be perfect for it! This TBAS thing never gets any better, does it.

Ordered a few accessories ahead of a couple trips this year and to better organize my daily backpack carry.
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

When UPS says "Scheduled Delivery: Tuesday, 4/17/2012, By End of Day", they must really mean....END OF DAY! This is driving me crazy. I keep looking out the window like a little school girl waiting for her first date to show up. If that Tri-Star doesn't get here soon, I'm gonna SNAP!

Quote Originally Posted by dmauder View Post
    When UPS says "Scheduled Delivery: Tuesday, 4/17/2012, By End of Day", they must really mean....END OF DAY! This is driving me crazy. I keep looking out the window like a little school girl waiting for her first date to show up. If that Tri-Star doesn't get here soon, I'm gonna SNAP!
    Welcome to the club!

Just find out where your UPS hub is, the last place it showed on the tracking and plot the truck route on a map (only left turns are allowed). Check the traffic cameras in your area to see if there is one nearby, look for a UPS truck on the left lanes.

Whatever you do, don't start preparing complicated food, pasta and rice are ok. Just bring to a boil and turn off.

Don't get absorbed by a TV program, to make sure you don't miss the truck sound turn the sound off your TV, computer, iPad, phone and don't listen to music.

Journaling or being on the forum talking about your order is fine.
    TavaPeak and kmcg like this.

I live near both UPS and Fed EX hubs. Packages go on the truck at 0'Dark Hundred and arrive at my house shortly before 0'Dark Hundred Next Day! hahaha
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

Quote Originally Posted by joiedwards View Post
    I live near both UPS and Fed EX hubs. Packages go on the truck at 0'Dark Hundred and arrive at my house shortly before 0'Dark Hundred Next Day! hahaha
    If i were you, I would go in the hub the minute the package arrives, tracking printout on hand, if you don't want to wait a day.

Warning! Doing so in the middle of the night, in jammies, might:

1) cause hilarity to UPS workers
    2) become a habit on the part of Tom Bihn customers causing UPS workers to think about us as "ah! one of those"
    3) jammies outfit might trigger alarm and bring law enforcement thus delaying said package delivery which nobody wants.

End of Warning.

Ah the joys of in-line tracking.

After placing my order before commencement of business on Monday (Seattle time) I was delighted to receive an email with tracking details later that day from UPS and then watched 'patiently' as MY package went from Seattle to Portland - which kind made sense although why did it take 3 hours?.

After sitting there for almost 3 more hours it departed, for Louisville, KY - WHAT, that is the wrong direction. It should be heading west to Australia not east. For a brief moment I thought that my address in Australia had been confused for Austria then I discovered that Louisville, KY is the UPS international hub - phew.

Mind you it has been sitting for 5 hours now in Louisville, what are these people doing! Don't they know that this package, MY package is the only known cure for TB Anticipation Syndrome?

Of course from previous experience this sort of delay is nothing compared to the wait in Australian customs, ho hum.....

Ahhhhhhhh....... It is truly a GLORIOUS day!!! (I think the UPS guy was wondering why I was sitting on the porch waiting for him)

Name:  IMG_3904.JPG
Views: 207
Size:  668.4 KB

The Navy blue is MUCH more deep & rich in person... The camera simply cannot do it justice. This bag just oozes quality!

Time for some test packing and then I'll post a review. I might just write a detailed review and see if JeffMac will post it on his blog, then post a link here.

Hmmm.....now I'm wishing I would have ordered more. Need a backpack packing cube, 3D organizer cube, snake charmer, side effect, and various other organizational pouches. Oh man! What have I done?!?!? I have TB addiction!

Congragulations on your new bag & accessories.

I am holding out for the TS in navy/iberian . I hops said color combo comes back.

I am so wanting a Tri-Star now. Thanks a lot!
    Joi Edwards

Page 35 of 114 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0