Page 26 of 110 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast
Like Tree1882Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    I put in a modest gift order today. One item is for me though, my long awaited Western Flyer Ultraviolet Packing Cube Backpack! My ILS are coming here for Christmas so unfortunately I have no immediate travel plans in which to test it.
    Trip to the store? Trip to the coffee shop? Trip to brunch?

I should have clarified, as a packing cube, I have no trip to test it. Now as an ultralight backpack, no need for a trip, I can test that right away!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    I put in a modest gift order today. One item is for me though, my long awaited Western Flyer Ultraviolet Packing Cube Backpack! My ILS are coming here for Christmas so unfortunately I have no immediate travel plans in which to test it.
    I had fun talking to you today!!!!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

I think you will love it! I got one for a cruise that I took my Tristar on and it visited Nassau with me. Highly recommended!
    ( I mean the packing cube backpack...Nassau was good but not great...)

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I had fun talking to you today!!!!
    I always enjoy talking with you Katy.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Friday is the day: a new navy Zephyr, a hemp Little Swift, & a navy Canine (if still in stock yesterday).

I'm replacing a 14-year-old briefcase/bookbag, and agonized for weeks over the Zephyr vs. other options, including EB & WF. Hope it's the right combination of features for me. I carry heavy books when I teach, and have daydreamed about using my Absolute strap with that load.

Ordered a Field Journal as a Xmas gift for my 12-year-old artist son. Got him a pencil pouch and small dyneema pouch, in hope there will be no more stray markers on the floor of my car. But if the setup isn't right for him, I will take one for the team, and use that FJ myself.
    ncb4 and dorayme like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TavaPeak View Post
    Friday is the day: a new navy Zephyr, a hemp Little Swift, & a navy Canine (if still in stock yesterday).

I'm replacing a 14-year-old briefcase/bookbag, and agonized for weeks over the Zephyr vs. other options, including EB & WF. Hope it's the right combination of features for me. I carry heavy books when I teach, and have daydreamed about using my Absolute strap with that load.

Ordered a Field Journal as a Xmas gift for my 12-year-old artist son. Got him a pencil pouch and small dyneema pouch, in hope there will be no more stray markers on the floor of my car. But if the setup isn't right for him, I will take one for the team, and use that FJ myself.
    After fourteen years, you deserve a new bag! And although I hope the Zephyr is the right bag for you, if it isn't, you could always exchange it (as long as you keep the tags on it until you make your decision, I think). I think your son is going to love the FJ: almost sorry to say that, because then you won't be able to make that noble sacrifice and use it for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    After fourteen years, you deserve a new bag! And although I hope the Zephyr is the right bag for you, if it isn't, you could always exchange it (as long as you keep the tags on it until you make your decision, I think). I think your son is going to love the FJ: almost sorry to say that, because then you won't be able to make that noble sacrifice and use it for yourself.
    Can I quote you to my husband? ;-) I was surprised he didn't balk at the FJ price when I showed it to him online. Maybe he's finally where I am - anything to avoid the usual "where's my notebook/pens/paper/markers/pencils" before we leave the house. No amount of Ziplocs/lapdesks/totebags/backpacks have helped. Maybe a grown-up solution will? But if the FJ doesn't work for Tyler, at least I have the consolation of a FJ, if not a tidy car.

I may have to take up knitting to justify the Little Swift. Dorayme, can you help me? ;-)
    ncb4 and TXGirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TavaPeak View Post
    Can I quote you to my husband? ;-) I was surprised he didn't balk at the FJ price when I showed it to him online. Maybe he's finally where I am - anything to avoid the usual "where's my notebook/pens/paper/markers/pencils" before we leave the house. No amount of Ziplocs/lapdesks/totebags/backpacks have helped. Maybe a grown-up solution will? But if the FJ doesn't work for Tyler, at least I have the consolation of a FJ, if not a tidy car.

I may have to take up knitting to justify the Little Swift. Dorayme, can you help me? ;-)
    TavaPeak, your husband sounds like mine: which is why I follow the sage advice of my late grandmother, and simply don't let him know how much birthday and Christmas presents cost! (My grandmother said that my grandfather never knew how much he paid for either of his daughters' weddings either; like Steve Martin in the movie "Father of the Bride," I think Bop would have had a breakdown in the grocery aisle over hot dog buns if he had known.)

As for the Little Swift, I have three of them now (Ultrasuede Cacao, Kiwi, and Azalea), and although I do knit, there has never been a single strand of yarn in any of my LSes! They are my everyday go-to bag; basically, I use the LS as my purse, but I can fit everything and the kitchen sink in there if need be. It is hands down the TB bag that I use the most, so that's how I justify having three of them. (I don't want to wear one out: as if that was going to happen!) So take up knitting if you like, but then you'll just decide that you need to buy the LS's big sister, the Swift!

Good thing I do the bookkeeping, eh?

Very eerie behavior today.

I was expecting a package from Tom Bihn and, coincidentally, I was sending something back that was scheduled to also be delivered today to Tom Bihn.

UPS delivered my package at 11:41 AM ET

UPS delivered the return package at 11:41 AM PT.
    Last edited by Frank II; 12-08-2011 at 08:32 PM.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

According to the Slice App/www.goslice.com website I've been trying out to track my online shopping receipts, my November 30th order has finally made it to the East Coast and is in my city. Should arrive at the office tomorrow...crossed fingers of anticipation and hope! Of course, I have a full day and meetings and have to travel tomorrow night so won't be able to dive right in, because that's my kind of luck. But I'll have a new "toy" to play with on the weekend - moving all my gear from my leather messenger bag to my new Cadet should be a good way to rest and try to kick the allergies/cold I've been besieged by this week.
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

My shipment is in town, and out for delivery. It's going to be a good day.
    Katy likes this.

Four. More. Days. Ugh. (Synapse and Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap).....

The Citizen Canines should be arriving on Monday, just in time for finals week when I work mostly from home. And, guess what you guys? It has snowed in Iowa City, meaning that soon you will all get to see pictures of corgis playing in the snow.

I know that you're all indulging me ("yeah . . . ahem . . . awesome corgis, Badger . . ."), and I really do appreciate it.

Page 26 of 110 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0