Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Like Tree1905Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMoon View Post
    I just ordered a cafe bag in punch/steel and a clear organizer wallet in punch (among other things!). Unfortunately those two items are back-ordered. I don't need any of them right away, but of course when I ordered, I forgot they weren't in stock! So, my question is, how long does it usually take for back-ordered items to ship? Please say tomorrow!
    The Clear Organizer Wallet in Punch is scheduled to ship mid-April, while the Cafe Bags will ship late April - early May.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The Clear Organizer Wallet in Punch is scheduled to ship mid-April, while the Cafe Bags will ship late April - early May.
    Drats. I may need to go ahead and have my order shipped separate, then. I'll let you know if I can't wait. How much is additional shipping to ship orders as items are available?

Thumbs up Woohoo! My bag arrived!

My new Large cafe Bag arrived with the accessories I ordered! It's gorgeous (cocoa/wasabi). I will post pics over spring break.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

I have a replacement Imago pending, somewhere in a truck between the Seattle and the Rust Belt... the anticipation is killing me!
    Imago in cocoa/cocoa/wasabi, Medium Cafe Bag in plum/wasabi, Swift in cork, steel stuff sack, steel pen/pencil pouch, plum clear organizer wallet, small cork pouch and steel/cork/wasabi Imago

Volunteer Moderator

out for delivery

it's almost here... yay!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by MsMoon View Post
    Drats. I may need to go ahead and have my order shipped separate, then. I'll let you know if I can't wait. How much is additional shipping to ship orders as items are available?
    Usually it's $8 each time, but we can ship the wallet via US Mail for $2 separately. If you'd like us to do that, please email customerservice@tombihn.com

Thanks!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

My Smart Alec (steel/solar), Western Flyer (Crimson/steel) and packing cubes (solar) are currently winging their way to Sydney via Honolulu. I'm too excited for words!! Hopefully they'll be delivered on Monday ready for a 5 night trip to Melbourne starting Tuesday.

I've been tracking the progress of the UPS parcel here:
    http://boxoh.com/

and here:
    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UPS34

:-)
    The logistics engineer within is *loving* this.

Just ordered my Smart Alec with Freudian Slip and a Side Effect

Can't wait!!

Had to send my Cafe Bag for repairs though; hopefully it made it to the factory intact...
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

Thanks for posting the links to Boxoh and Flight Aware! So: if you subscribe to the RSS tracking via Boxoh, it updates you every time UPS updated the tracking info?

Quote Originally Posted by notmensa View Post
    My Smart Alec (steel/solar), Western Flyer (Crimson/steel) and packing cubes (solar) are currently winging their way to Sydney via Honolulu. I'm too excited for words!! Hopefully they'll be delivered on Monday ready for a 5 night trip to Melbourne starting Tuesday.

and here:

the RSS feed works great! thanks!
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

For those of you using Macs, there's a widget available for Dashboard called Delivery Status that tracks packages as well.

Thanks for passing along the Boxoh link, notmensa! It was actually updated before the UPS website a few times! (When my husband saw that my Swift arrived, he commented, "Oh, so THAT's what you were obsessively tracking... looks like it's worth it!")

I am having another outbreak of Tom Bihn Anticipation Syndrome!

I placed my order for an additional wallet (my current one - a gift from TB and Crew - is still going strong, this new one is to handle stuff I add when I travel so it will be clip-and-go easy), a medium padded pouch, a guardian light, 2 packs of strapeez and both kinds of stickers. Last but not least is the cornerstone of this order, my new Super Ego with Q-AM strap!

Tracking data can't come too soon! hehe I have the delightful, giddy feeling of presents-o-coming like Christmas Day. YES! Visions of Bihn boxes dance in my head, as I drift into dreaming I think I hear said:

'
    Twere the night before Bihn Goods, when all through the house,

The laptop was stirring, whilst moving a mouse;

The tracking was wrung on the laptop with care,

In hopes that a Bihn Box soon would be there;

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,

While visions of Synapses danced in their heads;

And mamma with Imago, and I with Café,

Had just settled down for the ship-tracking olé,

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from the desk to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash,

Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow

Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below,

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,

But a panel truck lovely and brown, and eight boxes so dear,

Bringing gilt even better than Macy*s,

I knew the truck must be one of Casey's.

More rapid than eagles his boxes they came,

And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

"Now, Synapse! now, Ego! now, Id and Ristretto!

On, Café! on Zephyr! on, Buzz and Super Ego!

To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!

Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,

When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,

So up to the house-top the boxes they flew,

With the truck full of bags, and Good Casey too.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof

Bouncing and banging of each boxes oomph.

As I drew in my head, and was turning around,

Down the chimney Good Casey came with a bound.

He was dressed all in hemp, from his head to his foot,

And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;

A pallet of boxes he flung on his back,

And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

His fish -- how they twinkled! Bert and Ernie - how merry!

Watching foreign movies on Netflix - laughing red like a cherry!

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,

And filled all the orders; then turned with a jerk,

And laying his finger aside of his nose,

And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose;

He sprang to his truck, to his Mac gave a whistle,

And away Casey flew like the down of a thistle.

But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,

"Happy Bihn Bags to all, and to all a good-night."

dorayme likes this.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Smile I know what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by keb View Post
    I actually daydream about trips I haven't planned using bags I don't yet own... Hmmm, would the ski boots I might buy next year fit in an Aeronaut? And what color Aeronaut would I get?
    I find myself thinking about where I will keep my Field Journal Notebook (yet to be even available for pre-order) in my Super Ego (ordered but yet to be shipped.) yeah keb, I totally relate.

Quote Originally Posted by notmensa View Post

and here:

I had no idea I could track the UPS flights! This is sooo cool. Thanks so much notmensa, and that boxoh.com site is a gem too.

Wow, the boxoh.com site lets me add an RSS live bookmark to track my package. How very cool! Tnx notmensa!

Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0