Page 18 of 102 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
Like Tree1615Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Well I'm glad I checked this thread because I'm in the same boat. Just ordered on Sunday a new iPad from Apple and five minutes later ordered an iPad Cache along with some key straps and an ultrasuede cloth from TB. I was a little surprised when UPS sent the shipping notice and tracking shows it originating from China. From there it went to Alaska and now it's in Louisville, Kentucky. No word from TB on shipping yet.
    Aeronaut (crimson) with Absolute Strap, Synapse (navy), Smart Alec (black/steel/solar), Shop Bag (solar), cache for MBP, cache for iPad2, and numerous pouches and key straps.

So last week I ordered the new Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago. Since it's going to a house a new work computer, which I'm getting next week, there was no rush so I ordered UPS ground. I usually don't pay much attention to the tracking for ground because once it departs from Seattle nothing happens for several days.

The bag was supposed to arrive on August 18, but I was a little confused and thought that was Friday instead of Thursday. Thursday night I was stuck at BWI because my flight was delayed because of weather. So, I thought I'd check the UPS tracking to see if the shipment was on time for Friday, and it showed that it had already been delivered! Yet another reason to get home!

And sure enough, when I got home at 1 a.m., the box was outside the door. And as other folks have noted, it was a little worse for the wear (one corner was bashed in, but the Imago, pouches, and key straps were all OK).
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Quote Originally Posted by wennefer View Post

And sure enough, when I got home at 1 a.m., the box was outside the door. And as other folks have noted, it was a little worse for the wear (one corner was bashed in, but the Imago, pouches, and key straps were all OK).
    Nice welcome home present!

But another precious shipment left on the doorstep :-0

If we're not home to accept a delivery I expect that the courier will take the parcel away and leave a card. I always have to sign for courier deliveries .. how can they just leave them??

AusPost is a different matter - unless it's a 'registered' parcel they just dump it - one reason I have a post office box.

We've had an auspost parcel guy do a ring and run and I actually saw him going across the road heading away - he didn't wait the 30 sec it took me to walk the length of the house. He didn't actually _have_ the parcel (box of wine) with him - so clearly never intended to do more than leave a card - although why he rang the bell I have no idea. The guys at the post office said the guy had a rep for doing this.
    List under construction ....

amw
    I always track my order compulsively.
    The other thing that happens with *every* order - I realize two days later that there is one or two accessories that I forgot to order.

Actually the shipment was inside the building, but outside my apartment door. One of my neighbors must have signed for it.
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

I finally ordered my Navy/Cork/Wasabi Imago. Chose 3 day select to receive by Friday so I wouldn't go crazy thinking about it over the Labor Day weekend
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

I'm totally in the same boat. I just ordered my starting-my-Montessori-teaching-career-gift-to-self: an FJN. It made it from Seattle to Richmond, BC in a grand total of about 4 hours. Now it's stuck in Customs, GAH!! So close I can smell it.

Well last night I ordered my Navy/Cork/Wasabi Imago, and some pouches and another stuff sack. Tonight when I checked email I have two UPS tracking messages. One of them was sent Tuesday? Confusion here, unless it's the Absolute strap hardware Katy was sending to the SO. And I've noticed lately that even when I'm not expecting a package, seeing UPS trucks makes me happy. So we're watching for a package on Tuesday and my Imago on Thursday.
    TXGirl likes this.
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

I think you'll love the Imago, jaon. I have the identical bag and I love it.

My TBA syndrome is further out than UPS can track, as by now the order is likely waiting on LCB in turquoise - which aren't due out until mid October. Patient. I can be patient. Give no other options I can be patient!
    Ego in Cardinal/Steel, Ristretto in Plum/Wasabi, Side Effect in Plum/Wasabi, Imago in Navy/Cork/Wasabi, Cafe Bags in Azalea, Turquoise, and Linen, TB Wallet, misc. pouches, and son's Brain Bag in Steel

Quote Originally Posted by Sera View Post

My TBA syndrome is further out than UPS can track, as by now the order is likely waiting on LCB in turquoise - which aren't due out until mid October. Patient. I can be patient. Give no other options I can be patient!
    I feel your pain and am in the same boat. I keep picking up my turquoise swatch just to look at it.

I'm sure I will love it. UPS added a new wrinkle to TBA Syndrome by ringing the bell today. Once I saw the truck I had the wild thought that the mystery package had arrived early and that maybe mine would be early too. Turned out to be something else entirely that had for some reason been shipped overnight or close to it.
    dorayme likes this.
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

I'm also trying very hard to be patient as I await my LCB in Azalea, so I'm with you, Sera.

So excited. My Steel/Wasabi Ristretto for Macbook Air 11" has shipped! Along with 15 accessories (yes, I went a little overboard, ok a LOT overboard). Steel/Wasabi had been backordered from the time of my order on August 2. So it's been a long wait. The anticipation is almost over! I got a phone call on Friday from Seattle (Eliam in customer service, I think) - turns out one of the accessories was backordered in the color I wanted (plum clear organizer cube), so I needed to choose an alternate color. I went for black. I really wanted Plum! Oh well. Ups and downs of ordering so much at once. Anyway, UPS tracking has the package in Louisville, estimated to deliver on time to me in Maine on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by jaon View Post
    And I've noticed lately that even when I'm not expecting a package, seeing UPS trucks makes me happy.
    Conditioning through association. You're not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by kalle View Post
    So excited. My Steel/Wasabi Ristretto for Macbook Air 11" has shipped! Along with 15 accessories (yes, I went a little overboard, ok a LOT overboard). Steel/Wasabi had been backordered from the time of my order on August 2. So it's been a long wait. The anticipation is almost over! I got a phone call on Friday from Seattle (Eliam in customer service, I think) - turns out one of the accessories was backordered in the color I wanted (plum clear organizer cube), so I needed to choose an alternate color. I went for black. I really wanted Plum! Oh well. Ups and downs of ordering so much at once. Anyway, UPS tracking has the package in Louisville, estimated to deliver on time to me in Maine on Tuesday.
    Wow that's a long wait! I think we all now how easy it is to go overboard when shopping for TB items!
    kalle likes this.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Page 18 of 102 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0