Page 16 of 102 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
Like Tree1596Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Ouch! Makes me feel positively miserly with my desire to maximize the $8 shipping by cramming as much into an order as my credit card will allow. I'm awaiting a Cardinal Little Swift, too, but you'll have a lovely set in Christmas colors with both Cardinal and Forest. Hope your order makes its way across the Pacific soon, so you don't have to suffer with TBAS for too long.

~Nancy
    I do the same, no reason to waste any space in the shipping box, Dyneema items are perfect for that.

Dorayme, I am feeling better! I've started my list of potential items I will carry usually in my Ristretto, so that has distracted me. Now for a little forum surfing and I think I'll make it through the night. :^)

As for the colors, honestly, I could live with any of them easily. I almost went with cocoa/cayenne. I'm sure whatever new colors and combinations Tom and company dream up will be equally beautiful. About the only color combo I am not that fond of is the black/grey (I forget the TB name). But I could make that work too.

My parents are in Hendersonville. I went to grad school at UNC-Chapel Hill, and worked a stint at NCSU. I love NC. But Maine is wonderful too. I don't know Charlotte at all. I usually drive down.

Kalle

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    @ Kalle, are you starting to feel any better?
    A word on color runs from Tom Bihn. I have been learning that if you adore a color/combination, dont delay in purchasing it. The colors change with availability and as new offerings become available and once a color goes out of production, it may be hard to find.
    I see Steel is classic and timeless. I see Cardinal is classy and fun. Either choice will be a winner.
    Where are your parents in NC? I am north of Charlotte.

Well, my order shipped and now I can re-enter my hate-hate relationship with UPS.

The email says: Scheduled Delivery: 15-August-2011

But go to the tracking and I get: Scheduled Delivery Updated To: Wednesday, 17/08/2011, By End of Day

I really, really hate UPS!

Audrey

Quote Originally Posted by falconea View Post
    Well, my order shipped and now I can re-enter my hate-hate relationship with UPS.

But go to the tracking and I get: Scheduled Delivery Updated To: Wednesday, 17/08/2011, By End of Day

Audrey
    That's definitely a hate/hate relationship.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Audrey

The delay is most probably not caused by UPS but Australian customs.

Has there been an official holiday lately? Or it could be the time of the year when people in the public sector, go on vacations?

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post

Has there been an official holiday lately? Or it could be the time of the year when people in the public sector, go on vacations?
    It might be Australian customs, but then again, about once a month UPS "loses" a weekly 2nd Day Air packet I'm supposed to receive from one of my clients: for no reason, it gets left at some transit center for a day or two. (This is within the US.) This of course means that it is not delivered on the second day at all, but as far as I know, my client never gets an apology (or a refund). So now they send me things via US Priority Mail instead.

Whatever the reason, I know the extra two days are killing you, Audrey! Keep looking at the photos on the forum and website to tide you over until your TB box finally arrives.

~Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post

No, it's not caused by Customs, it not subject to any duty and it always clears customs while still in transit. And there are no holidays.

The cause is definitely UPS being slow handling the package. It's taken 24 hours for the package to reach Louisville, KY, which I know is UPS's major hub, then the package will stop for a day or two in Hawaii, and finally it will sit in the depots here in Australia for a couple of days.

No advised delivery date now.

It is their cheapest shipping option, I know. It's just infuriating that you get one date in the confirmation email and then you briefly see another on the tracking site and then there's nothing at all.

The TB website says "3-5 days". It definitely isn't that!

Audrey

Having just placed my second ever TB order, I'm joining the TBAS crowd!

Last year I got myself a MCB and Synapse along with a few pouches. This year I've ordered a Ristretto for iPad which will replace the MCB as my everyday bag. The Synapse gets used when I need to carry more.

I also went a little crazy with a bunch more pouches, a kit, 3D clear organiser cube, some coloured key straps and a screen cloth. Had added far too much to the basket and had to force myself to delete some items.

Now to wait for them to travel all the way to Australia.

Jonathan

I believe Tom Bihn Inc is paying extra for the green option shipping. Please inform customer service about any UPS snafu.

"Scheduled Delivery: 17-August-2011"

Yippee!

Well, I have to take it all back about UPS. It arrived in Australia Thursday at 3 pm, and in my city at 11:30 am today (Friday). I thought gloomily, wonderful it will sit around all weekend, and then I got a call - it's just been delivered!

Box is undamaged. Whipped out the new UV Shop Bag, and the box *just* fits inside! Will take it home and unpack it tonight properly tonight.

Yay!

Audrey
    ncb4 likes this.

Well, I have to take it all back about UPS. It arrived in Australia Thursday at 3 pm, and in my city at 11:30 am today (Friday). I thought gloomily, wonderful it will sit around all weekend, and then I got a call - it's just been delivered!

Box is undamaged. Whipped out the new UV Shop Bag, and the box *just* fits inside! Will take it home and unpack it tonight properly tonight.

Yay!

Audrey
    Congrats

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Another Australian order just gone in !

Some cubes, some pouches and a PCBP, shop bag ... Sadly the TB travel bags will have to wait, the internal organisation of the bags I have is more important.

As my trip gets closer .. every expense gets examined in more and more detail and compared to the cost of a night's accommodation or a train ticket ....

NO MORE BAGS THIS YEAR!! (honest)
    List under construction ....

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    Another Australian order just gone in !
    Yay! Aussie orders galore!

My package has made it to Portland, which is slightly closer to Melbourne!

I wonder if checking the UPS tracking page every hour is over doing it?

Page 16 of 102 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0