Page 15 of 119 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 1773
Like Tree2137Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

  1. #211
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,815
    Travelwkids, you mentioned on your blog that you fancy the Synapse.
    I think we can all share with you what we like about the Synapse and help you plan your next Tom Bihn order.

    What is your favorite color in the Tom Bihn lineup?
    Last edited by backpack; 08-05-2011 at 09:42 PM.

  2. #212
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    36
    Hi Backpack, since I wrote that - it was quite some time ago - I have ditched my backpacks in favour of messenger style bags. Backpacks were useful when I had very young children that sometimes required carrying, but now they're not that young anymore. My favourite TB colour has to be Cardinal Red! :-)

  3. #213
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,815
    Quote Originally Posted by travelwkid View Post
    Hi Backpack, since I wrote that - it was quite some time ago - I have ditched my backpacks in favour of messenger style bags. Backpacks were useful when I had very young children that sometimes required carrying, but now they're not that young anymore. My favourite TB colour has to be Cardinal Red! :-)
    Did you see the yummy Imago in that very color?

  4. #214
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    36
    Um, no. Sounds great though!

  5. #215
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,815

  6. #216
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brunswick, Maine, USA
    Posts
    4

    Smile

    On August 2, I ordered a Ristretto for 11" MacBook Air in Steel/Wasabi and a whole bunch of accessories, including: several Organizer Pouches, small and medium, in dyneema, cordura, padded and clear, a cork Clear Organizer Wallet, various Key Straps, a Kit, Absolute Shoulder Strap, the RFID Blocking Passport Pouch, a Side Effect, a couple of Ultrasuede® Screen Cloths, a Luggage Tag, a 3D Clear Organizer Cube and a Guardian Dual Function Light. Whew. The Ristretto is on backorder to be shipped by mid-September. I asked for it to be shipped in one package. That decision, and my stubbornness about the Wasabi interior (I used to have a "CyberGreen" VW New Beetle with the custom plate: WASABI), have brought on a severe case of TBAS. I seem to be asymptomatic at the moment. But that's just the outside. Inside I am aflutter with anticipation for the arrival of my own Brown box of baggoodness. Mid-September is not that far off, right?

    (This is my first Tom Bihn experience. I was a dedicated (10 year plus) Waterfield Designs user, but I didn't want a leather Muzetto and none of the other sfbags offerings for 11" MBA appealed to me. I've enjoyed reading the forum posts! Very entertaining and enlightening.)

    Cheers,
    Kalle

  7. #217
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cat Spring TX
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by kalle View Post
    That decision, and my stubbornness about the Wasabi interior (I used to have a "CyberGreen" VW New Beetle with the custom plate: WASABI), have brought on a severe case of TBAS.
    Ahhh... another Wasabi fan! Congratulations on your first TB order!
    kalle likes this.
    --------
    Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Co-Pilot, Super Ego, Ego, Imago, Swifts (both sizes), Citizen Canines, Shop Bags (both sizes), Cache (iPad mini), Side Effects, Snake Charmer, Organizer Cubes, Kit, Lights, Packing Cubes, Stuff Sacks, Organizer Pouches, Travel Trays.

  8. #218
    Registered User dorayme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Posts
    1,260
    There, there @Kalle, you poor thing.
    Things to alleviate acute symptoms of TBAS:
    1. frequent the item page, flickr pics and google image searches of your anticipated items. Some times the 2D image and description is enough to temporarily trigger your system to survive the perceived withdrawal
    2. Spend as much time on the forums as you can rejoicing in others packages, trips and packing achievements. It's harder to think about yourself when you are focused on others.
    3. Gather your items that will be packed in your TB and visualize them "in the bag"
    4. Decide where and how you will take your first pics, will it be an unboxing, a still, portrait of you modeling, video? Plan your outfit or background and make any necessary changes to allow the bags to shine
    5. Reverse stalk member's posts who also have your bag to gather tips and tricks for optimal usage, COMMIT THEM TO MEMORY
    6. Start planning your next order
    We have all suffered, it takes the strongest of us down at times, it's OK. . . It's a disease and we're here to help.
    Congratulations on your initial order, sorry that you have to wait, but when your brown box arrives, you will decide it was well worth it!
    Last edited by dorayme; 08-08-2011 at 07:09 AM. Reason: iPad typos
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

  9. #219
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brunswick, Maine, USA
    Posts
    4

    Talking

    Thanks, Dorayme, for the flick'r suggestion. I have not done that. I have been checking YouTube at least daily to see if there are any new reviews or unboxings of the various Ristretti. And I have definitely given some thought to what Ristrettables I will carry regularly in the bag, aside from the computer. I will gather them all up before shipment for a pre-arrival photo shoot. I even compiled lists of what I've seen others packing in their bags... I'm lookin' at you Maverick and Fat Crip ;^)... I've definitely gotten some useful ideas. I wasn't fully aware of the whole o-ring and strap philosophy til I saw it in action via those videos.

    As for future TB purchases, I think it is safe to say that I will be replacing my thirty dollar roll-on and the Tommy Hilfigger (hanging head in shame) sports gym bag that are my only luggage before I drive down to my parents' place in NC for Christmas. I'm thinking Tri-Star... Cardinal/Steel or Steel/Sol... ;^)

    Kalle

    Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    There, there @Malle, you poor thing.
    Things to alleviate acute symptoms of TBAS:
    1. frequent the item page, flickr pics and google image searches of your anticipated items. Some times the 2D image and description is enough to temporarily trigger your system to survive the perceived withdrawal
    ...
    3. Gather your items that will be packed in your TB and visualize them "in the bag"
    ...
    5. Reverse stalk member's posts who also have your bag to gather tips and tricks for optimal usage, COMMIT THEM TO MEMORY
    6. Start planning your next order
    We have all suffered, it takes the strongest of us down at times, it's OK. . . It's a disease and we're here to help.
    Congratulations on your initial order, sorry that you have to wait, but when your brown box arrives, you will decide it was well worth it!

  10. #220
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    216
    Oh, well, just did my most recent order, so now I have my latest does of the TBAS!

    More Little Swifts in different colours (Cardinal and Forest) and a whole wad of smaller items - pouches, a UV shop bag, another Cache, coloured key straps, etc, etc.

    Gotta make the most of the $55 shipping to Australia!

    Audrey

  11. #221
    Registered User ncb4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by falconea View Post
    Oh, well, just did my most recent order, so now I have my latest does of the TBAS!

    More Little Swifts in different colours (Cardinal and Forest) and a whole wad of smaller items - pouches, a UV shop bag, another Cache, coloured key straps, etc, etc.

    Gotta make the most of the $55 shipping to Australia!

    Audrey
    Ouch! Makes me feel positively miserly with my desire to maximize the $8 shipping by cramming as much into an order as my credit card will allow. I'm awaiting a Cardinal Little Swift, too, but you'll have a lovely set in Christmas colors with both Cardinal and Forest. Hope your order makes its way across the Pacific soon, so you don't have to suffer with TBAS for too long.

    ~Nancy

  12. #222
    Registered User ncb4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by kalle View Post
    Thanks, Dorayme, for the flick'r suggestion. I have not done that. I have been checking YouTube at least daily to see if there are any new reviews or unboxings of the various Ristretti. And I have definitely given some thought to what Ristrettables I will carry regularly in the bag, aside from the computer. I will gather them all up before shipment for a pre-arrival photo shoot. I even compiled lists of what I've seen others packing in their bags... I'm lookin' at you Maverick and Fat Crip ;^)... I've definitely gotten some useful ideas. I wasn't fully aware of the whole o-ring and strap philosophy til I saw it in action via those videos.

    As for future TB purchases, I think it is safe to say that I will be replacing my thirty dollar roll-on and the Tommy Hilfigger (hanging head in shame) sports gym bag that are my only luggage before I drive down to my parents' place in NC for Christmas. I'm thinking Tri-Star... Cardinal/Steel or Steel/Sol... ;^)

    Kalle
    Yes, I think you'd love a Tri-Star. I've got one in Indigo/Solar, so there's no way I can justify another one, but that Cardinal color is oh-so-tempting.

  13. #223
    Registered User dorayme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Posts
    1,260
    @ Kalle, are you starting to feel any better?
    The Tristar is an awesome investment and well worth it. I adore my Western Flyer, the TS's little sister of sorts and find it holds an amazing quantity and is easy to pack both in loading it up and carrying it around.
    A word on color runs from Tom Bihn. I have been learning that if you adore a color/combination, dont delay in purchasing it. The colors change with availability and as new offerings become available and once a color goes out of production, it may be hard to find. Steel has been around as a staple it seems in both cordura and Ballistic for some time, and will probably be for some time to come. Cardinal is relatively new. Steel Ballistic and Steel Cordura are different tones and complelment but dont match.
    I see Steel is classic and timeless. I see Cardinal is classy and fun. Either choice will be a winner.
    Where are your parents in NC? I am north of Charlotte.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

  14. #224
    Registered User dorayme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Yes, I think you'd love a Tri-Star. I've got one in Indigo/Solar, so there's no way I can justify another one, but that Cardinal color is oh-so-tempting.
    A cardinal Western Flyer would not be a redundancy. . .
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

  15. #225
    I work at TOM BIHN Katy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwet
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    A cardinal Western Flyer would not be a redundancy. . .
    Yeah, what if you have to like... loan yours to someone.


    Note: I'll never loan my bag to anyone. I'm too afraid that they would spill something on it.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Page 15 of 119 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0