Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 14 of 129 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast
Like Tree2566Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

I have a Synapse and a TriStar coming on Tuesday and I should be on the road with them on Wed.
    Now that I pulled the trigger I am going a little crazy second guessing the TriStar choice?

I already have an older Patagonia bag which is exactly like an Aeronaut but bigger so the TS seems like the right next choice.
    Only time will tell though for sure. Until I try to pack it I will wonder.
    Its kind of funny,the Patagonia holds so much that it looks empty if underpacked so I thought the TS would be perfect for 3-4 days out and I will probably carry a second bag too for electronics.

So many bags,so little Time(and money)!

Ed
    Janine likes this.

So I ordered these bags late in the afternoon Friday and they showed up here this morning!
    I think they must have some special deal worked out with UPS?

Lets just say the Anticipation is over and the Evil Plotting phase has begun.

I don't have to tell anyone the bags are spectacular or that I am cheap for the bags anyway but the bags are spectacular!

The Navy Synapse is an amazing color and somehow I can tell this bag will pack to surprise me.
    I am thinking of taking it as my only bag this week on a 3 day 2 night car/plane trip to see if I can?

The TriStar has me sort of at a loss for words. It is a lot of Bihn.

And there was a Fourth of July Pouch sitting on top as a Surprise!!!

Thanks

More to follow including a possible photo re-enactment of the opening of the box featuring stunned surprise!

Ed
    Last edited by AVService; 07-18-2011 at 02:07 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I'm waiting for that photo re-enactment!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Just placed an order for a cardinal/steel Aeronaut, and a charcoal Cache.

Let the waiting begin!
    Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    Just placed an order for a cardinal/steel Aeronaut, and a charcoal Cache.

Let the waiting begin!
    oooh, that Cardinal color is so drool-worthy. I'm counting the weeks until my share of Cardinal finally arrives: a Little Swift, due in August. Hope you don't have to wait that long.

I agree Cardinal is SUCH a great color!

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Hope you don't have to wait that long.
    Nope! Got it today.

And yes, cardinal looks good enough to take a great big juicy bite out of!
    ncb4 likes this.
    Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

13" Olive/Cayenne Ristretto with Iberrian Ultra Suede, a horizontal Cache for my Macbook Air, and a simple shoulder strap to make my iPad Ristretto better resale worthy.

Coming via 2 day because I cannot wait.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Way back in March, I won a TB bag in a giveaway on YouTube. Here we are in August, and it has not arrived. The guy says he's sent it about 3 times, but it keeps being returned to him - he's never given an explanation of why. He doesn't respond to my messages anymore, and I've only sent one every month or longer to follow up, so you couldn't say that I've been hounding him.

I'll never see the bag.

My anticipation syndrome has well and truly depleted, and I'm just left feeling really dissatisfied. Sure, I haven't ended up any worse off, but when you win something, you have excitement along with that. And then, when it never turns up, its really disappointing.

Ok, I'll stop my whinge now and move on with my life. :-(
    dorayme likes this.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    @travelwkid, that sucks. Think you have every right to be upset. So sorry that this is happening to you. Hopefully it will get resolved and you will receive your winnings.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    @travelwkid, that sucks. Think you have every right to be upset. So sorry that this is happening to you. Hopefully it will get resolved and you will receive your winnings.
    +1, please tell us where his website is or give us a link to the Utube contest. It sounds like he needs to be held accountable.

Thanks Backpack and Dorayme. I really don't want to say who it is though, as who knows what that might end up with in a tit for tat type situation. And I'm sure he'll have all the excuses in the world... The contest was mentioned on the TB blog though, which is how I found out about it.

Quote Originally Posted by travelwkid View Post
    Thanks Backpack and Dorayme. I really don't want to say who it is though, as who knows what that might end up with in a tit for tat type situation. And I'm sure he'll have all the excuses in the world... The contest was mentioned on the TB blog though, which is how I found out about it.
    I can't find it can you link to it?

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I can't find it can you link to it?
    Looks like the blog entry has nothing but the title now if it's the one I found under my "giveaway" search of blog posts.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Well, its not that one, as just this morning reread the blog post I was referring to. Yes, I am being deliberately obstructive, because I don't want to publicly vilify anyone. ;-)

Page 14 of 129 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0