Page 11 of 118 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
Like Tree2129Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

I send all my deliveries through our local Postal Annex, and they call me as soon as stuff arrives. suh-weet! I see my pkg is in town and loaded for delivery. Wonder if it will arrive this morning?

The beloved finally decided to commit to an empire builder .... though since he already has the brain cell for it I really don't know what all the thinking was about ......

So just placed a mega order for the EB and my (ok, our) ipad ristretto and a mess of accessories.....

sooo tempted to throw in an imago but that would have held up the order waiting for the right colour ... once the order is placed I want it asap!!
    List under construction ....

My Little Swift was supposed to be delivered today but this is what it says in the UPS tracking website:

24/05/2011 5:11 The package is delayed due to circumstances beyond UPS' control / Delivery rescheduled

Deliveries in the midwest and eastern U.S might be affected by tornado and flood events. In Europe, the Icelandic volcano might delay air traffic.

Out for delivery now!!
    It was probably due to volcanic ash, many flights to Scotland are cancelled.

Talking

It's here!!

First impresions: I love every single thing I ordered, the Little Swift is VERY cute, perfect size to use as an everyday bag, I will post some pictures as soon as I can.

Many thanks to Tom, Darcy, Katy and everybody else at the Tom Bihn factory!

Smile

Name:  Screen shot 2011-05-27 at 9.40.53 AM.png
Views: 371
Size:  17.8 KB

I will not obsess, I will not obsess, I will not obsess.

Oh, rats, who do I think I am fooling?

How long can it take to run a sniffer dog over a parcel???

27/05/2011 18:25 Destination Scan
    27/05/2011 18:25 Import Scan
    27/05/2011 15:34 Arrival Scan
    I wonder if I went over there and knocked on the door politely would the customs people hand over my stuff?

So near and yet so far....

I won a TB bag in a giveaway on YouTube just over 2 months ago. Still waiting for it to arrive here in Australia (and no, apparently it wasn't sent sea mail). I'm not holding my breath. I decided long ago that I'll never see it. :-(

So I totally "get" the TB anticipation syndrome, but I moved on from it a long time ago. Sigh.

Arrived! whooohooo... 5 days from order to delivery half way around the globe.

Must admit UPS is impressive - a cardboard box sealed with a single strip of tape delivered in perfect condition in pouring rain. I use USPS for most of my US purchases because I prefer to send to my PO box rather than my street address and there's no way a package like this would make it via the post.

oooh more pouches than I can think what do do with ... (that won't last long)

Name:  tb_delivery_0684.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  32.6 KB

(poor quality phone picture ... but you get the idea)

Wow that's a lot of pouches! What colors did you get?
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    Wow that's a lot of pouches! What colors did you get?
    For myself - a couple of padded (black) smalls and three small clear fronted - iberian, navy and olive. Plus a few key straps and a packing cube.

Not in the pic is my plum/wasabi ipad ristretto and the Beloved's empire builder. The bulk of the pouches were for him as he likes to have one cable per pouch - I don't mind doubling them up a bit. I think we have a sample of pretty much all the colours now. It was fun divvying up the pouches.

One tends to be a bit strategic with the purchases to maximize the international shipping value. This will be the last purchase for a while.

I'll post in the packing list forum once I've used my ristretto for a bit.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by travelwkid View Post
    I won a TB bag in a giveaway on YouTube just over 2 months ago. Still waiting for it to arrive here in Australia (and no, apparently it wasn't sent sea mail). I'm not holding my breath. I decided long ago that I'll never see it. :-(
    That's no fun. Who was sponsoring the giveaway? I assume you've tried contacting them for a tracking number?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Hi Darcy, I'll email you offline - I don't really want to air dirty washing publicly. But, yes, I've definitely contacted them. :-(
    Last edited by travelwkid; 05-31-2011 at 03:11 PM.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    burning with anticipation, at least I got to fondle my TB bags before they were shipped. . . Monday can't come quickly enough though!
    Last edited by dorayme; 05-31-2011 at 04:07 PM. Reason: the way it was originally typed didn't sound right. . .
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Page 11 of 118 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0