Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 107 of 129 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1927
Like Tree2566Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

One down, one to go. The Brain Bag just arrived several hours before I normally expect UPS. What a surprise!

What a beauty! I was heartbroken when I sent back my first TB purchase, a S25 that didn't fit me well. The Brain Bag is a fantastic replacement. A bit more strappy and less streamlined, but much more of what I actually needed. This will swallow any combination of work/personal laptops I have along with the clothes for 3-5 days (or longer).

The Pilot will come tomorrow, and hopefully I can keep myself out of this thread for a bit and let the wallet recover!
    Aeronaut 45 (Coyote/Steel) * Brain Bag (Black/Navy/Steel)

@ RobNC - Yahhh!

To handle the straps, you can use Velcro - like the Strapeez that is sold by TB. Also you local office supply or hardware store should have something like it. See this link too for ideas:

Corralling (Sp?) Backpack Straps

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    RobNC likes this.
    Zephyr/SA/BB/Co-Pilot (Black/Black/Steel), S25/WF/TS/A45/Pilot/Cadet (Black/Iberian), DLBP (French Blue), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    @ RobNC - Yahhh!

To handle the straps, you can use Velcro - like the Strapeez that is sold by TB. Also you local office supply or hardware store should have something like it. See this link too for ideas:

Corralling (Sp?) Backpack Straps

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    Thanks tpnl. Studying that link (and others) was how I passed the time waiting for this beauty to arrive!

Velcro method testing currently underway
    tpnl likes this.
    Aeronaut 45 (Coyote/Steel) * Brain Bag (Black/Navy/Steel)

UPS is driving me crazy. Whenever I order from Tom Bihn, the package usually ships in a day...only then it always goes from Seattle to Redmond, where it sits - doing NOTHING - for several days. And then, the night before it is scheduled to be delivered, the package FINALLY moves, and travels overnight to arrive at my place.

This is rather annoying...I mean why can't UPS just send it on its way a day or two earlier instead of allowing it to just sit in Redmond for four or five days? Still, I guess, I am not paying for overnight service, so if this is how UPS does things, well, I guess I'll just have to live with it.

But then today, they went TOO FAR. I finally bit the bullet and ordered an Aubergine Co-Pilot last Saturday. I was tempted to request the 2-day delivery, but decided I really couldn't afford it. Well, as usual, my order left Seattle on Monday, went straight to Redmond, where it sat all week. Still, delivery was set for Friday (Today), so I eagerly prepared for it's arrival only to receive the following message:

A late UPS trailer arrival has caused a delay. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible.

Say, WHAT?!?!?!?!? Or you KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? My package has been sitting in Redmond all week, and on the last day, their truck is late?????

So NO Tom Bihn Happy Dance for me today! Apparently the truck finally made it to Redmond, and my Package arrived in Eagan around 3pm this afternoon, so at least it is in the state! Unfortunately, there it will sit all weekend before FINALLY being delivered on MONDAY! That is, of course, assuming that there is not another "late truck" incident!!!
    On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
    One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

Quote Originally Posted by Sacharissa View Post
    Unfortunately, there it will sit all weekend before FINALLY being delivered on MONDAY!
    While it wasn't technically late, my last delivery arrived in Detroit, just 40 minutes from my home, on a Friday afternoon and spent the weekend there. Bags shouldn't be left alone over the weekend! They should be in our homes, where we can fawn over them and practice pack and adore them as they deserve.

I placed my latest order on Wednesday. It shipped the same day, but it hasn't given me a status update since departing from Seattle that day. It's not even in Redmond??? So freaking frustrating. I leave this Wednesday afternoon for a three-day trip and I'm REALLY hoping my order arrives before I have to hit the road. Now I'm not holding my breath.
    much love for parapack

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    What colors did you order eWalker? No shipping-email jet? Maybe you ask via mail, I once mailed and they tolled me, they had a question and could not reach me. After the mails everything was sorted out very fast. It might be worth a try?
    @Ilkyway I emailed and got a answer from the shipping lead Paul, my box is shipping by the end of the week, they are waiting for the A30.

Hopefully it will be in my hands by the end of the month!

In the mean time I am reorganizing and expanding my TB Pintrest folders (Just learned how to pin YouTube Videos!).
    Last edited by eWalker; 08-16-2014 at 07:48 AM.
    Ilkyway likes this.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

eWalker at least now you know, and where able to set up your countdown again. As for your new avatar: very cute BUT do not replace bag-joy with food. You do not want to go there ;-)

I still did not have the time to look into pinterest but it looks so great what you are doing there.

Ilkyway
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    eWalker at least now you know, and where able to set up your countdown again. As for your new avatar: very cute BUT do not replace bag-joy with food. You do not want to go there ;-)

I still did not have the time to look into pinterest but it looks so great what you are doing there.

Ilkyway
    LOL Donīt worry... I tried to find a avatar that would convey joyful expectation and that was the closest I could find! Picture it not as food but as TB boxes!!

My August project is to declutter my notebook and phone by organizing the TB related info... Hopefully I will be able to do this using the Pinterest... I tried evernote but found it harder to retrieve info then Pinterest pins!

I am worried because when the bags arrived, I will focus more into packing and that would add even more info so I want to have all (at least most) bag related info organized somehow.
    Last edited by eWalker; 08-16-2014 at 08:56 AM.
    Ilkyway likes this.

eWalker: Ahhh multiple Tom Bihn Boxes at once... what a great picture! For me it is a bit dull at the moment: no order on its way and no order pending. BUT I love using a different Tom Bihn bag every other day or so. I have to say, I was all my life (since about the age of 12 or so) searching for THE perfect bag. Though I have not found THE bag I found THE bag-company. I have a Tom Bihn bag for every purpose and repacking is so easy if everything is in pouches or smaler bags.

As for bag-related infos: I was trying out OneNote for that, but there I am by far not as good organized as with the actual bags. But as bag-infos are best kept in pictures, I think your way might be a very good solution.
    eWalker likes this.

@Ilkyway You comment that you understood better with images made me pay more attention to a visual index as I realized that was much faster to browse through the images when trying to find a specific bag information.

LOL Just realized that everything is a matter of layers...

Luggage : Bags -> Smaller bags -> Pouches
    Clothing : T-shirts -> Tops -> Jackets
    Info : Images -> Description -> Text

I am eager to start to experiment with packing and selecting what to take on my next trips! I starting to look at Merino Wool now!

Joyful expectation!
    Ilkyway likes this.

Oh eWalker, you're gonna be I trouble with the merino wool!
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    Oh eWalker, you're gonna be I trouble with the merino wool!
    @Polikilani Why ? What's wrong with it?

You're gonna want a lot of it!!!!
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    You're gonna want a lot of it!!!!
    LOL That is the one of the best aspects of FOT is that is we always get the best additions!!!!

BTW may you give me any tips on the topic?

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    LOL That is the one of the best aspects of FOT is that is we always get the best additions!!!!

BTW may you give me any tips on the topic?
    I'm new to it. I only have a few pieces by Ibex and Icebreaker. But I want more!
    eWalker likes this.

Page 107 of 129 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0