Page 105 of 119 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1773
Like Tree2137Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Add me back to the list.

Waiting on a Ristretto 13" (Aubergine/Wasabi) for my wife and a Brain Bag (Black/Navy) for myself. I'm hoping this will be it for a while! I need to get this under control...

Quote Originally Posted by RobNC View Post
    Add me back to the list.

Waiting on a Ristretto 13" (Aubergine/Wasabi) for my wife and a Brain Bag (Black/Navy) for myself. I'm hoping this will be it for a while! I need to get this under control...
    It's too late. Now you're just feeding the flames.

I received my second order, a navy/solar Aeronaut 45, yesterday afternoon, and like it even more than I had expected to.

When I first took it out of the box I was surprised at how small it seemed--it didn't look much larger than my Synapse 25, and I even wondered for a moment if there was any way that it could be an Aeronaut 30 instead. When I first got my Synapse I didn't have anything to compare it to, so I didn't notice it seeming small in the box.

As I played with the Aeronaut it really reminded me of a butterfly newly emerged from its chrysalis, gradually expanding its crumpled wings and getting them ready for flight. I won't have a chance to really try packing it until this weekend, and I suspect it won't reach its full size until then. I feel very lucky that I will have a quiet weekend with plenty of time to admire it.

I've now ordered a black/solar Co-Pilot as well, because I really love the solar lining--I'm curious to see how it emerges from its box. But I'm hoping it may be a very easy week of anticipation this time, since I will have the beautiful Aeronaut to focus on.

Deep breaths... my NFTD is delayed. Note to self: consider splurging on expedited delivery for my next order... this whole waiting game is bad for my health!
    eWalker and RobNC like this.

And here I am back again... My order for a Black / Navy Brain Bag has been placed, with a slew of accessories and gizmos to go with it.

I fear this particular bout of TBAS will be nasty: we are leaving on vacation this week and I asked the bag to be delivered here in France when we are back - that is, on the first week of September.
    I expect that I will eventually get grumpy, silently praying for the end of our vacations in Spain to come swiftly instead of actually enjoying my time there.

My Dyneema/Wasabi CP and oodles of accessories will be here on Thursday... And the Aubergine CP I ordered for a friend will be here on Friday. Desperately trying to resist the pull of the Dyneema/UV S19 and WF since you know, I don't have any travel planned for the next 18 months (I do have some car trips coming up but I'm never as concerned about packing light for car trips.)
    eWalker, jess and RobNC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    I received my second order, a navy/solar Aeronaut 45, yesterday afternoon, and like it even more than I had expected to.

When I first took it out of the box I was surprised at how small it seemed--it didn't look much larger than my Synapse 25, and I even wondered for a moment if there was any way that it could be an Aeronaut 30 instead. When I first got my Synapse I didn't have anything to compare it to, so I didn't notice it seeming small in the box.
    I did the same thing. I couldn't believe how small it looked. I was sure I had received an A30 by mistake. Since I had just arrived home from a trip, I unpacked all my cubes,etc from my other bag and the A45 swallowed them all up, no problem.

My Night Flight was patiently waiting for me when I got home this evening. I actually tripped over my own shoe as I was sitting down to open the box... I guess the excitement got the best of me. My first impression was, holy heck this is a tiny bag! But I did a quick test pack and, as I hoped, it fit everything I'd need for a long weekend trip (and then some). I'll have to play around a little more, but I think the NF and I are going to be great travel buddies.

Only problem? I'm pretty sure I need the packing cubes! And, of course, a handful of other OPs. Guess there's really no cure for TBAS after all.
    scribe and eWalker like this.

@Linden, @RobNC - I know - the A45 looks small with nothing in it - smaller than the Tri-Star I have. With all the talk about maximum carry-on size for the A45, I was so surprised. I think it is the fact that one side is smaller (or seemingly) than the other making it look smaller. Glad it is not just me who thought that!

Cheers!
    eWalker and Linden like this.
    Zephyr/SA/BB/Co-Pilot (Black/Black/Steel), S25/WF/TS/A45/Pilot (Black/Iberian), DLBP (French Blue), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

Argh! Gone 3pm and the UPS app still hasn't updated to "Out for Delivery" on my Co-Pilot order, even though it's scheduled for delivery by the end of today. What's the betting the UPS guy turns up after my DH leaves for the gym but before I get home?
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

scribe I so hope not! Mine got here today and it is so beautifully. And the extra O-Rings are wonderfull. What company does improve their products without bragging about it?
    Wright: it is Tom Bihn!

It is so funny: I never could warm up to my Steel Co-Pilot (my husband is so glad about this, because now he has it). But in Aubergine... what a difference colors make.

So I hold my thumps for yours to be delivered today too. You are living nearer to Seattle than me, so it cant take longer ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    So I hold my thumps for yours to be delivered today too. You are living nearer to Seattle than me, so it cant take longer ;-)
    *lol* Closer as the crow flies, maybe - but not as the UPS van tours the UK
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Panic over - just updated to "Delivered". Looking forward to getting home!
    Collections:

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    scribe I so hope not! Mine got here today and it is so beautifully. And the extra O-Rings are wonderfull. What company does improve their products without bragging about it?
    Wright: it is Tom Bihn!

It is so funny: I never could warm up to my Steel Co-Pilot (my husband is so glad about this, because now he has it). But in Aubergine... what a difference colors make.
    As soon as I clutched the Aubergine CP in my hands, I knew you would love it, @Ilkyway. Am so happy that you have one of your own!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I now understand first hand how quickly a TB order can grow. Just two days after the delivery of the Night Flight, I have a Pilot (my boyfriend's first TB bag!!!), some packing/organizer cubes, a pocket pouch, and a MCB ordered. This HAS to be my last TB order for the year. Maybe I'll ask everyone for TB gift cards for Christmas (am I really looking that far ahead?!) so I can get an Aeronaut 30, but that's going to have to wait awhile.

Tom Bihn - bad for the wallet, good for the soul.

Let the week-long countdown begin... again... :-D

Page 105 of 119 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0