Page 104 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1769
Like Tree2132Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Well, my anticipation has finally come to an end. I just came home from a 2 week trip, only missing my TB order by a few days. The box has been sitting on my desk (tempting my wife) until now.

Here's what I found inside:
    Aeronaut 45 (Coyote/Steel)
    Absolute Strap
    Aeronaut Packing Cubes: 1 x Large, 2 x Small
    Aeronaut Packing Cubes: End Pocket x 2
    Medium Double Organizer Pouch
    Clear Organizer Wallet
    Travel Tray (Solar)
    Key Strap 16" x 2 (Solar)

What a great treat to come home to!

Having just spent 2 weeks on the road with a single bag (Patagonia MLC), I immediately unloaded it, threw all of the stuff into the Aeronaut and started trucking around the house. It swallowed everything with no problem (and room to spare), and it was a far-from-optimal packing job.

First impressions: After ordering the A45, I had some initial fears that it would be too large for most of my trips. Now that I have it in my hands, I am thrilled. It is exactly what I was looking for! Perfect size. And the fit is excellent. After having to return my beautiful but ill-fitting Synapse 25, I'm not sure I could handle any more Bhin-heartbreak

One last comment: Coyote....wow! The pictures didn't do it justice. It's beautiful.

So, here’s what I got:
    A30 in Aubergine/Wasabi (so seriously gorgeous!)
    3DFOC in UV
    Q-kit in Aubergine
    Assorted key straps
    Medium clear pouch in Steel Dyneema
    Size 3 TSS in Steel (I should have gotten a Size 2, but I’m not going to exchange it)
    Small SB in UV
    Edit: I forgot the UV Travel Tray!

The A30 is everything I hoped it would be. The color is so pretty (I don’t even mind the Wasabi) and the size is perfect. Since I’ve already test-packed for London in a smaller bag, I knew it would fit everything for my upcoming trip, but I’m pretty sure it will hold everything my Tumi roller bag did (and maybe a little more). I will still use my Tumi for 1-2 trips a year, but the A30 will allow me to one bag all my other trips. I still need to do some proper test packing (I’ll work on that tonight/tomorrow), but for now I’ve thrown in a bunch of clothes, shoes, toiletries, makeup, etc and have pulled a Janine by walking all over the house with the A30 on my back. It is really comfortable for me in backpack mode. I now get what folks have been saying in thinking that the A30 was made for them. Tom got this right.

Here’s what I’m still waiting on:

Backorder:
    2 Large SB in Iberian and Steel, which are gifts for my friends who will be going back to Rome for a semester. I got them organizer pouches to go along with.

A new order to arrive next week:
    DLBP in Dyneema
    SE in Steel/UV (I love the 3DFOC, but I would like something bigger and really wanted something in the Steel/UV combo)
    DOP in Small and Medium

I leave you with an oath…
    I pledge allegiance, to the bag, created by Tom Bihn and Crew in North America.
    The Seattle company, whose reach is grand, connecting people from across all lands.
    And on the Forum, we share our plans, to travel the globe with our organized bags.
    There is talk of TSS, A30, DLBP, S19, PCSB, which all seem to be code.
    A foreign language of sorts that everyone knows.
    We speak of quality and beauty and laughter too.
    Because when life gives you watermelons, you NEED just the right pack.
    Carry on, Bihnions, carry on.

Seriously, you need a good carry on.
    Time to go shopping. Again. Shop. I mean, stop!
    Last edited by Pokilani; 08-01-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Pokilani-
    Thats quite a haul. Just when I was ready to order a few 3dfoc in UV, it disappeared from the ordering menu! Hmm, maybe you got one of the last ones....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
    Pokilani-
    Thats quite a haul. Just when I was ready to order a few 3dfoc in UV, it disappeared from the ordering menu! Hmm, maybe you got one of the last ones....
    Sorry! I ordered mine over a week ago... It really is a cute little thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post

I leave you with an oath
    I pledge allegiance, to the bag, created by Tom Bihn and Crew in North America.
    The Seattle company, whose reach is grand, connecting people from across all lands.
    And on the Forum, we share our plans, to travel the globe with our organized bags.
    There is talk of TSS, A30, DLBP, S19, PCSB, which all seem to be code.
    A foreign language of sorts that everyone knows.
    We speak of quality and beauty and laughter too.
    Because when life gives you watermelons, you NEED just the right pack.
    Carry on, Bihnions, carry on.

Seriously, you need a good carry on.
    Time to go shopping. Again. Shop. I mean, stop!
    Seriously, this oath is awesome.
    * Favorite TB: Steel Little Swift * Latest TB: Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 * 2014 Wishlist: New 400d Color

This is the first time ever that I actually looked forward to RETURNING home from vacation. On vehicle for delivery TODAY by UPS are THREE TB packages!

One has my long-backordered Linen/Navy SCB, another has the pre-ordered Aubergine A30 and NFTD, and the third has the Aubergine CP I found at the Store Friday, along with the French Blue S19 I ordered for pick-up in hopes that it would deter me from buying anything else -- that didn't work as planned .

Btw in case anyone is interested, there was another French Blue S19 in the Store Friday even though it is no longer an order option on the website.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

It's been nearly a year since my last TB order, so I'm now super anxious about the arrival of my steel Night Flight! I placed the order yesterday, so I expect it won't arrive until NEXT Monday... patience will have to be my friend this week. I'd been eyeing the Aeronaut 30 but didn't act in time to get one of the last in Black Dyneema, but now I'm seeing that as a blessing in disguise - I love traveling light, so this is my incentive to pack even lighter for my upcoming two-day trips. Who knows... maybe I'll love it so much that I can use it for a week-long trip in October... or if it doesn't fit the bill for that, I'll just have to place another order for that A30

Off to daydream about packing lists...

Longest "out for delivery" ever!

08/03/2014 3:00 P.M. A late UPS trailer arrival has caused a delay. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible.

And the goodies will be delivered a day late. Ugh.

All lunches in hospitals ( and many government buildings) have to have a name date and time each day for lunches stored in businesses refrigerators
    If this had one clear side it would be great for
    1) a luggage tag
    or
    2) lunch tag
    Gulfcoastgal. .....

ISO. Cork LS
    ISO. Red LS / Swift. & Azalea Swift

In my TB fleet:
    Swift: Turquoise ! /Cork/Black Dyneema
    LS:Turquoise ! /Azalea/black dyneema
    Shop bag: big : Black / Solar
    Shop bag Small: Black /Solar
    PCSB: Iberian x2 /UV
    SE: solarx2/Black dyneema x2
    Aeronaut: cardinal in A-45. / Black Dyneema in A-30
    Field journal : plum and now the Cordura RED that matches my cardinal A-45 perfectly now belongs to Hubs- matches his red Imago old style

How's the travel tray? I've been trying to find a way to justify it lol

And so it begins - again! This may be my last TB order for a while, as I now have all the bags I need (and then some!)

On order: Co-Pilot (aubergine/wasabi - yay!) with iPad cache, and a laundry stuff sack.

The Co-Pilot will be my dedicated writing bag, for corralling notebooks, pens and gadgets. I was using my Imago for this, but I think that's better suited to being my art supplies bag as it has more space for sketchpads, pencil cases and boxes of coloured markers.
    RobNC likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

I wish I could share your plan of the last order for the short term! Every time I say that, I cave. Now that aubergine/wasabi is available in CP, who knows....

Quote Originally Posted by Susan1122 View Post
    How's the travel tray? I've been trying to find a way to justify it lol
    I am a convert to the Travel Tray. I ordered one a few months ago and returned it, then really grew to like them and have several now. They make great catch-alls and are easy to grab with the squishy Dyneema material. You can also color-code contents with all the choices of color. The drawstring closure is useful for travel, though I keep mine open and folded over ready to use 90% of the time. There are some threads discussing use of the trays. I recommend trying one.

I have an A45, S19, and accompanying accessories in my collection already, and just placed a new order for all sorts of fun goodies:

• S25 in Black/Wasabi
    • Five 8" Key Straps
    • Clear Organizer wallet in Forest
    • Two Small Cordura Organizer Pouches (hoping to get Cayenne and Conifer)
    • Mini Padded Organizer Pouch
    • Mini Clear Organizer Pouch (hoping to get Steel Dyneema)

The primary intent for buying the S25 was to find a replacement for my Timbuk2 Classic Messenger I'd been currently using as my "everyday" bag. Not to mention, the extra space over the S19 will come in handy during my annual San Diego Comic-Con pilgrimage! After unloading my Timbuk2 bag on eBay I'll probably then re-purpose my S19 as a carry-all for my toddler son's gear.

I also plan on using the Janus Maxpedition/ITW Web Dominator hack to further utilize the large interior of the main S25 compartment.
    RobNC likes this.

Page 104 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0