Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 101 of 129 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1927
Like Tree2565Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

I too get my order shipped today....(did I not say that this was it for a while..? *sigh*) I have some for me unusual colour combinations comming so I am very curious..I really look forward to the laundry bag thing too.
    Best thing today was ..my bank cards changed since I placed my order, lost wallet and I had to call the office to update them. My first call to the "Mothership"..how exciting it was!!! Tom Bihn people are REAL!!! lol And they are as awesome on the phone as on email.
    Next time I fly home to Germany from New Zealand I will (avoid all the war zones too) fly via America and make a stop over in Seattle. Maybe I can apply for a job....wouldnt it be nice to work for a company like this?? :-)))

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    Ooops sorry, Ilkyway! I thought I screeched about this somewhere but now that I check it looks like I didn't. I GOT AN IMAGO! It's lovely forest/cork/steel. It's my first bag in forest, my first cork anything and my first (but hopefully not last) imago. It's freaking gorgeous!

That said, does anyone have advice on how to take care of the cork? There are a few rough patches on it. Very very small, but if I can prevent it from getting worse I'd like to.
    Congratulations on your Imago Jess!! I have the navy cork wasabi one and its really lovely! It holds so much stuff! You will love it!

I did some research into cork before I got my imago and its really fascinating..here just 2 quick links..dont want to take this thread over.

Corkstyle - Your Natural Choice for Cork Purses, and Bags
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41dCHFAvMv4

About the rough patches...maybe you could email some of these cork people to advice you how to seal it....? The cork gets darker in time and smoother and its much tougher than I originally thought.
    eWalker likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by vivelly View Post
    Congratulations on your Imago Jess!! I have the navy cork wasabi one and its really lovely! It holds so much stuff! You will love it!

I did some research into cork before I got my imago and its really fascinating..here just 2 quick links..dont want to take this thread over.

Corkstyle - Your Natural Choice for Cork Purses, and Bags
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41dCHFAvMv4

About the rough patches...maybe you could email some of these cork people to advice you how to seal it....? The cork gets darker in time and smoother and its much tougher than I originally thought.
    @vivelly, @jess and others You can also view the video on the Tom Bihn blog on How Cork is Harvested. Also, just as a footnote: we've established that @jess's Imago is Hunter/Cork/Sage -- which is also the Imago that I have. Hunter is a slightly bluer green than Forest, and Sage is a lovely silvery lining that is lighter than Steel. Congrats, Jess, on a beautiful bag.

moriond

Thanks everyone!

Hi Pertinax *waves* I understand exactly where you're coming from. I've been amassing quite a collection in the last few months myself. What have you gotten so far?
    I finally decided to dump rollerbags at the beginning of this year. Looked around for months and finally bought the Air Boss. I have a bad habit of continuing to shop even after I buy something, so I was looking around more about one bag travel and stumbled across the Aeronaut. Don't know how I missed it before. That lead to discovering the Tri-Star, which is more suitable for my business travel. Uncharacteristically for me, I ordered it the same day (and sent the Air Boss back unused). Then I asked Bihn if they could rush the order for my next trip, and they did! Oh, and in the meantime I had ordered an Aeronaut for personal travel, and they rushed that order too, even though I didn't have a trip coming up. And the day the Synapse 25 became available in Navy/Solar, I had to get one of those. And then the packing cubes and accessories fit my desire to organize precisely. Where do I stop?

Another order coming Friday, scheduled to arrive just a couple hours before leaving town again....

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @vivelly, @jess and others You can also view the video on the Tom Bihn blog on How Cork is Harvested. Also, just as a footnote: we've established that @jess's Imago is Hunter/Cork/Sage -- which is also the Imago that I have. Hunter is a slightly bluer green than Forest, and Sage is a lovely silvery lining that is lighter than Steel. Congrats, Jess, on a beautiful bag.

moriond
    I'd love to find a TB cork pouch!!
    Ilkyway likes this.
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Quote Originally Posted by Washu View Post
    The reply (from Luke, who I imagine to be a benevolent angel with infinite patience and abs of steel), was that he would put a note on the order in case it came down to the wire, but that there was a pretty good chance I'd get the bag before then. So, the next day I get the notice, and I'm thinking, either he was sitting there looking at a big pile of Aubergine A30s and snickering while he wrote that, or they stitched one up real fast and sent it so I'd leave poor Luke alone! Either way, well played, Tom Bihn, well played.
    I practically snorted Starbucks out my nose when I read this post! To add to Luke's description, he's also the self-proclaimed fastest TB boxmaker on the Crew
    Last edited by kkintea; 07-23-2014 at 03:38 PM.

"On Vehicle for Delivery Today"

Woooooo!!!!

Coming my way today is:

Aubergine Q-Kit
    Some sort of purple Small Clear Organizer Pouch
    Plum Daylight Backpack (very excited about this one!)
    Ultraviolet A30 Travel Laundry Stuff Sack
    Ultraviolet A45 Travel Laundry Stuff Sack
    Aubergine/Ultraviolet Pocket Pouch that Luke specifically set aside for me (Thanks Luke!!)
    Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet Large Café Bag (I'm uncertain if this size will be right for me, but I'm excited about the fabric combination!)
    Steel (WHAT?! Not PURPLE?!) Snake Charmer (Believe me: If it came in purple, I would have gotten that. )

I'm super excited to get this today! I've been reading the forums way more lately which always builds up the excitement as well. I'm also expecting a FedEx package today with my new Keene, so today's going to be a long day at work!
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

Quote Originally Posted by Pangifone View Post
    I'm also expecting a FedEx package today with my new Keene, so today's going to be a long day at work!
    Bah, auto-correct. That's Keens. New shoes! I'm glad I'm not working from home today. FedEx shows up in the morning (my Keens are waiting for me!) and UPS in the very late afternoon, so I'd be super antsy at home by now.

It's here, it's here!
    It's beautiful. A30 Steel/UV with LB.
    I was worried that UV would be too pink but it is a lovely medium purple. Now what else comes in UV for my new collection?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiviander View Post
    It's here, it's here!
    I was worried that UV would be too pink but it is a lovely medium purple. Now what else comes in UV for my new collection?
    Isn't UV just the best? I cannot get enough of it. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiviander View Post
    It's here, it's here!
    Can you post a photo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.
    Favorite: Steel/Steel LS * Latest: Coyote LS * Wishlist: New 400d Color

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    eWalker I was wondering what happened. Could not believe that you would be that silent after your delivery. Well I was picturing you running though town, dancing and showing off your new Backpack. Sorry to read, that it was not for a happy reason. How is your mother? Best health-wishes to her and you!
    Ilkyway
    @eWalker- I hope your mother is doing well. Sending my best wishes for her health.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Let me join the others in hoping that your mother is doing all right after her emergency. Take care!

~Nancy
    Quote Originally Posted by RobNC View Post
    Ack...eWalker, hope your mother is doing well.
    @ilkyway @jess @ncb4 @RobNC Thanks so much for your kind words!

LOL... That was definitely not what I had in mind to deal with my TBAS! BTW during this time I had a severe case of TBFYS (Tom Bihn Forums Yearning Syndrome)!

I hope that Yearning is the proper word... In portuguese there is a word that describes the felling that I had ... what is left of something that is deeply missed... it is written starting with a capital letter and said slowly with a sigh... "Saudade" !!!

Glad to be back!!
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-24-2014 at 10:39 PM.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Bah, auto-correct. That's Keens. New shoes! I'm glad I'm not working from home today. FedEx shows up in the morning (my Keens are waiting for me!) and UPS in the very late afternoon, so I'd be super antsy at home by now.
    I got a new pair of Keens in the mail yesterday! Sadly, I did not know that Keens run a little small and I am having to send them back for an exchange. I hope you have better luck. But now I am expecting to receive my A30 and my Keens on the same day, and they both have a wasabi lining, so that's exciting!

Got my packages! New bags, new shoes, happy Friday! I've already decided that the black dyneema on my LCB goes perfectly with my Keens.

I'm still not sure on the size, though, so... I may have ordered a black dyneema / UV MCB last night...

Page 101 of 129 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0