Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Question Brain Bag Questions

Hi Folks,

I have been searching high and low for a backback that will hold a 17" Powerbook, looks good, but not "stuffy", and is functional, but still looks good. I was about to give up when I saw your bags recommended on macrumors.com.

So here I am, I've decided that I really like the brain bag, it might be a little big, but I'm 6'1" and more afraid of the Smart Alec being a little small so I'm ready to risk it. I just have 2 questions:

- Does the brain bag accept the monolith / brain cell that clips in or snaps in?

- Is it possible to detach the two horizontal straps on the brain bag (waist and breast)? I need to be able to swing my bag off and on rather quickly (on puclic transport) and won't have much use for the straps on a daily basis. I'd prefer not to have them dangling.

I can't wait to place my order!

Volunteer Moderator
    Does the brain bag accept the monolith / brain cell that clips in or snaps in?
    Yes, in fact, you can put two monoliths or brain cells into the brain bag. There are snaps in each of two compartments.

Yes, in fact, you can put two monoliths or brain cells into the brain bag. There are snaps in each of two compartments.

So there are snaps and not clips? I would require one of the older monoliths or brain cells with snaps?

I guess this is what I need cleared up, I see that some bags use clips and others snaps, but I either missed it or can't seem to find whether the brain bag uses clips or snaps.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    All of the bags now have clips instead of snaps, so you don't have to worry about it -- any bag you order will come with the clip system.

On the current model of the Brain Bag, neither the waist strap or sternum strap are removable. We hope to change this in a later version, but that probably won't happen for a little while. Some people cut the straps off, and some people just tuck them away.

Hope this helps.

maverick, should we hire you as a new customer service staffer?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0