Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Super Ego - 1st trip

so i took the super ego on its first business journey and it was a doozy.

left friday the 13th from NY to Los Angeles, downtown. was there for 3 days downtown then relocated sunday night to hollywood. was there for 5 more nights, then flew to phoenix until this monday the 23rd.

bag did great.

i had in the bag a braincell #4 with dell D620. a leather portfolio with a lot of papers in it. 2 medium padded pouches with things like memory cards, a sprint aircard, batteries, lumix battery charger. numerous small pouches with a mouse, leatherman, eyedrops, business cards, contact lenses. had in it a book, a knirps umbrella, eyeglasses in a hard case, music duet charger with 2 usb cords, flashlights, zune, UE triple.fi's in hard case, personal sprint sanyo m1 phone, ray bans in hard case, lumix lx3, sony a700 w/ 18-250 lens, an 11-16mm lens, a 50 f1.4 lens, dell power brick.

it fit it all. main compartment zipper barely closed, but it all fit. another 1" of depth would be ideal for my uses but this worked.

brain cell inspired great confidence in protecting the laptop since it is so dense, more than any other laptop protection i have seen. made throwing the bag on a table or on the floor worry-free.

QAM strap was great overall, however when the bag is that full and heavy and it is more comfy to be on one shoulder only not slung across the body, it loses some benefit. when carrying it on one shoulder only, the lack of any rubbery grip was a negative. but of course, a QAM style strap would not function as well with rubbery grip. if you want to carry the bag on one shoulder, another strap is probably best.

i may be investing in an absolute shoulder strap

Super Moderator
    I'd like to see pics of this load -- it sounds nearly impossible!

Did you happen to weigh it loaded?

(And I hope you had another bag with clothes in it )

timothy

Quote Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    I'd like to see pics of this load -- it sounds nearly impossible!

Did you happen to weigh it loaded?

(And I hope you had another bag with clothes in it )

timothy
    yep i had a suitcase

im going on another trip this next friday for work. same load-out. ill take a shot of it in denver by the rockies, stuffed up!

the absolute strap should be here by then as well
    Last edited by puddin; 02-27-2009 at 08:27 AM.

QAM > Absolute strap

Quote Originally Posted by puddin View Post
    QAM > Absolute strap
    I don't know about that. I have the QAM for my Imago and I rarely put a heavly load in that. After a while I feel it on my shoulder. On the other hand I use the Absolute with my Aeronaut. The Aeronaut is always much heavier but with that Absolute I rarely feel it.

But I do have bad shoulders and maybe I wear the Imago for longer.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0