Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

blue kevlar Aeronaut?

Hi,

Saw the note on the Twitter list. Nothing has shown on the blog, that I could see. So ... it has been 3 days, I guess this is a virtual "Ask for details!"

:-)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    It's a blue Aeronaut made out of a 70% nylon and 30% kevlar fabric. We received a sample of the fabric and were very excited to try it out, especially since it comes in blue which is a color people have been requesting in a heavy duty exterior fabric for quite some time.

The problem? It's heavier than our 1050d ballistic nylon, and no more abrasion resistant.

I can take a picture of it on Monday and post it here. After I post the picture, we can offer it for sale if someone would like to buy it.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Darcy - How much of a difference in weight between the original aeronaut the the blue one? I am a big fan of blue!

Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    Darcy - How much of a difference in weight between the original aeronaut the the blue one? I am a big fan of blue!
    About 4 ounces or so.

Also, it's $180 - same price as the regular Aeronaut.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    I've also been following the "tweets" about color information and was going to post a question about possible upcoming colors -- particularly in Dyneema. Since scotlib asked about the blue option, can I ask about the other color combinations coming up -- like the forest and brick ultrasuede wallet dividers? And when will these be available for order? Bad luck on the olive dyneema seconds qualiy -- any other color prospects on the horizon?

moriond

Whatever happened to the picture of the blue Aeronaut?

Sorry: someone snagged it before I could even take a picture of it! Stay tuned for more fabric news, though...

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Since scotlib asked about the blue option, can I ask about the other color combinations coming up -- like the forest and brick ultrasuede wallet dividers? And when will these be available for order? Bad luck on the olive dyneema seconds qualiy -- any other color prospects on the horizon?
    moriond
    We are hoping for more color prospects on the horizon! We have put the word out to all of our fabric suppliers that we want to know about 1050 ballistic nylon in colors other than Black, Steel, or Crimson.

The wallets will be up tonight or tomorrow night - the Ultrasuede colors look great together, especially with an Olive or Plum wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We are hoping for more color prospects on the horizon! We have put the word out to all of our fabric suppliers that we want to know about 1050 ballistic nylon in colors other than Black, Steel, or Crimson.

The wallets will be up tonight or tomorrow night - the Ultrasuede colors look great together, especially with an Olive or Plum wallet.
    Yay on both counts! But especially for the wallet! I love the wallet so much and I can't thank you guys enough for sending me a free one because I probably never would have bought it without holding one. Now I'm going to be buying at least one more for myself (I have several cards and discount cards so I want two) and another for my boyfriend (who might also be buying a brain cell soon!).

Random but related question, but are you phasing out Cayenne once the current batch of it is gone? I was trying to get my best friend to help me pick out a color for a medium cafe bag and she said the black/cayenne was her favorite. >< Sigh. Of course.

Sorry: someone snagged it before I could even take a picture of it! Stay tuned for more fabric news, though...
    Too bad! That old saying about striking while the iron is hot ...

Must mean I am destined to get a Tristar!!!

Slightly off topic...but what twitter list?

Hi bagchick,

I am not actually a Twitter user. I see the ones that show on the blog, just under the Weekly Archives section, left-hand side. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by timarelay View Post
    Random but related question, but are you phasing out Cayenne once the current batch of it is gone? I was trying to get my best friend to help me pick out a color for a medium cafe bag and she said the black/cayenne was her favorite. >< Sigh. Of course.
    We love the Cayenne, but we probably won't order it again so that we can make room for a new color. The reason Black/Cayenne was dropped was that we already had a couple of color combinations where Cayenne was the lining - Olive/Cayenne, Navy/Cayenne - and three seemed maybe a little excessive, especially if we wanted to make room for new color combinations such as Punch/Wasabi and Sand/Olive. It will be quite a while before Cayenne disappears completely.

Thumbs up

It will be quite a while before Cayenne disappears completely.
    Phew! I was worried for a second. I really like Cayenne as a liner.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Super Moderator
    "Sorry: someone snagged it before I could even take a picture of it! Stay tuned for more fabric news, though... "

You know, you should keep a digital camera behind the desk in the store / showroom in the style of a coffee-house restroom key: tied to an awkward object so you never forget that it must be put back in its rightful place. (An Olympus C5050z, if you find a good one on eBay, would work well for this -- nice sharp lens, and very bright, pretty good wide angle.) Because whenever you mention new products / color combos, the tantalizing is nearly criminal

timothy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0