Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

any more teaser info on the Tristar?

I'm particularly interested if you've settled on dimensions...

I'm strongly considering a new bag purchase and have been waffling between the WF (love the organization and the backpack straps and the end handles but the size is a little too small) and the Air Boss (no backpack straps, no end handles, little organization (but love the 3 sections) good size)

If the Tristar was sized near the top of the 19-21 x 13-15 x 7-8 range, it would totally clinch it for me.

I'm traveling mid March and I assume there's no way one will be announced and shipping before then. But I can dream for my next trip...

That makes two of us!

Currently debating Aeronaut v Sky Train v Voyageur. Fortunately I don't NEED a new bag, and not sure I'm up to going wheel-less, but I'm very interested to see what the new bag is like, so I think I'll wait until at least a little more info divulged.
    I'd have already ordered the Aeronaut, but worried about it not opening flat. WF very cool, but I fear too small for my style of travel. Love the AirBoss, too, but think I might need the backpack feature since no wheels, and I'm one of the older Boomers (Boomettes?). Fortunately there's enough Bihn stuff I'm totally sold on meanwhile, and I'm about to place my first order!

Three of us, and no doubt more to come...

The TriStar really sounds like it will be spot-on in many ways that make the Air Boss such a slam dunk for me; the only reason I held off on one was discovering Tom Bihn Bags. I have a Large Cafe Bage on the way for day-to-day sans laptop use, but I'm really looking forward to the TriStar's arrival.

Karl

Tri star

I will add to the chorus and wd like the dimensions on the Tristar; I know the Air Boss is too big; but I like the idea of 3 compartments.

Count me in too. A couple weeks ago Darcy hinted that we might see some teaser pics soon...
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mruseless View Post
    Count me in too. A couple weeks ago Darcy hinted that we might see some teaser pics soon...
    Very soon! Our factory made a Tristar prototype this week, and it's sitting next to me now. The bag is finished except for the front pocket configuration.

Dimensions: 505 x 330 x 205mm
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Awesome! I can't wait to see the pics!!
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Very soon! Our factory made a Tristar prototype this week, and it's sitting next to me now. The bag is finished except for the front pocket configuration.

Dimensions: 505 x 330 x 205mm
    For those of us blighted with the imperial system, those dimensions workout to 19.88" x 12.99" x 8.07" rounded to say, 20" x 13" x 8", giving 2080 cubic inches or 34.16 liters.

cheers,
    Nuke

Wow, those dimensions sound perfect for what I need.
    Just saw the teaser pic on 1bag1world.com... you're killing me.

Hmmm, it looks to me like it will have a 3-sided-zip compartments on the front side and the back side, and then maybe a top loaded middle compartment?

~drools~

Want! Want!

I'm thinking more and more that I might just shove my stuff in a trash bag for my March trip and cross my fingers that the Tristar will be available before my next trip.
    Beatriz
    Owned by a black/brape/wasabi Super Ego, wasabi Brain Cell, Absolute Shoulder Strap, large plum/wasabi Cafe bag, mini and small pouches in assorted colors

How long to pre-order time? Do you want a show of hands for a pre-order of the pre-orders likely, lol? I am assuming the standard three ballistic colors, red, black, steel?

Steel for me.

Cheers!

Will I be able to 'affix' the recently purchased #4 Horizontal Brain Cell into the center compartment that has clips (or such), similar to the Western Flyer.

If so ... please put me down for one Tristar in Black, with a few cubes and one of your thirty dollar shoulder straps.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Climb14er View Post
    Will I be able to 'affix' the recently purchased #4 Horizontal Brain Cell into the center compartment that has clips (or such), similar to the Western Flyer.
    Yes - the Size 4 Brain Cell will clip inside of the Tristar. The Tristar will fit almost every Brain Cell.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I take it back. I can't wait for preorder...
    Last edited by bagchick; 02-20-2009 at 12:38 PM. Reason: simple stupidity on my part.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0