Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Yup, it's a holiday in France and probably much of Europe.

Too bad most U.S president were not so charismatic that we celebrate their birthday.

Maybe we should celebrate Thurgood Marshall birthday, now, that's one charismatic individual. And also Rosa Parks, Cesar Chavez, Coretta Scott King and Susan B Anthony birthday .

At first I thought black would be the color for me. But I took a second look at the steel bags. What a change since all of my current luggage is....black. And since this is the year of change, I'll switch too. Steel for me.

I do hope you decided on keeping the metal zippers. Looking forward to the specs as well as the photos.

BTW...my Absolute shoulder strap is looking forward to meeting its new cousin.
    Last edited by Frank II; 04-09-2009 at 05:56 AM.

Steel/Solar, because steel is such a groovy colour, and solar so I can see things in the bottom of the bag when the light isn't good

Pre-order-me-up!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Ok, maybe I spoke too soon - it looks like it *will* be about two weeks until the pictures/pre-order. There's just some final touches that need to be made.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peregrina View Post
    I think he means Easter Monday...
    Right, right...I was just trying to make a joke as if we at Tom Bihn don't take holidays. Must employ more smileys!! :P :O :/
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Right, right...I was just trying to make a joke as if we at Tom Bihn don't take holidays. Must employ more smileys!! :P :O :/
    Easter Monday isn't a mandatory holiday here in Toronto so I thought it wasn't there either...
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

Aww...=( More waiting...

I'm sure it will be worth the wait, though. I think I may speak for many of us in saying that we'd love some hints in the meantime!

Quote Originally Posted by yeti View Post
    Aww...=( More waiting...

I'm sure it will be worth the wait, though. I think I may speak for many of us in saying that we'd love some hints in the meantime!
    It also means more time to ponder "black or steel; steel or black?"

I'm fairly certain that this will be *the* bag that can travel as well as show up in sales meetings without looking out of place. That's why my vote is for black.
    The Aeronaut doesn't do that very well, and the Western Flyer is a little too small for what I need (and I don't want to go to another manufacturer). A solar interior would really help when digging around in the bag while its under the airline seat between your feet.

So, I'm really excited to see it! My wife keeps teasing me because I'm getting all pumped up about a bag. She just doesn't understand.
    Last edited by mruseless; 04-14-2009 at 08:49 PM.
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

i agree that the size seems like it will be spot on. I am traveling cross country later with the WF carrying 4 days worth of clothing and the assorted things that go with it. It all fits but seems like this is a bit much for the bag, Something somewhat larger but not as big as the Aeronaut would be ideal for me.

My wife has just given up trying to figure out or understand bags....

Quote Originally Posted by mruseless View Post
    So, I'm really excited to see it! My wife keeps teasing me because I'm getting all pumped up about a bag. She just doesn't understand.
    There is a lot of that in my house as well. I am slowly learning to not even bring it up anymore!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0