Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Please Hurry!

I've been waiting it out for months. Tried out the one-bag routine starting early in 08 with an Essential CarryOn and have been sold ever since! I knew the Aeronaut was too big and almost went for the Western Flyer but have held out on the promise of the new bag coming. I've been traveling for the last six weeks and came home determined to go for the WF but found out about the Tristar!!

When can I get one??? It sounds perfect!

julie

Hi Darcy,

Is the TriStar prototype still in the office for you to grab a picture (or two ...) and post?

Many thanks!!!

I'll wait as long as it takes, but I'm excited for pictures too =)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scotlib View Post
    Hi Darcy,

Is the TriStar prototype still in the office for you to grab a picture (or two ...) and post?

Many thanks!!!
    Sorry, but there will be no more preview pictures until the Tristar is officially available for pre-order: but that should be within a month or so.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

A month....
    (choking, hacking, dying sounds)

There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Talking I touched the Tristar

I ventured into the Seattle retail store yesterday and behind the counter was Mr. Bihn himself. I told him I was "off to see the Wizard" to which he replied "the wonderful Wizard of bags" without even missing a beat. I guess that makes me the Scarecrow in this story, as I ended up purchasing a Horizontal (if-I-only-had-a) Brain Cell to protect my new Hewlett-Packard HDX 18t. As this was the first one they'd had in house, and it's one of the new 16x9 aspect laptops for which you simply CANNOT find adequate cases, I volunteered it for measurement after trying it in various sleeves and bags.

I was rewarded with the laptop, in it's new 2XL Horizontal Brain Cell, being test fit into the fabled Tristar. I won't go into much detail because I don't want to reveal anything secret. I thought I might have inadvertently delayed the Tristar's release, as Mr. Bihn began making design adjustments based on my 2XL being fit inside the Tristar, but Darcy's post has me reassured that no one will be hunting for me with torches and pitchforks.

So let me just say this: The were three beautiful things to see in the store yesterday. One of them was the Seattle skyline; The view from their window is stunning. The second was the Tristar; I had only a few minutes with it, but I was ready to pay upfront for the very first finished product right then and there. The third beautiful sight was Darcy herself; I was instantly reduced to a tongued-tied teenager whenever she walked into the room.

Needless to say, this was easily the best Monday of my existence and I couldn't resist bragging a little bit.

One month to pre-order...Hmmmm....my busy travel season starts June 1. Any idea if deliveries will be before that?

I'll take one in black, please. (With Metal Zippers--not those cloth things.)

No one has asked...will weight be somewhere between the Aeronaut and the Western Flyer? And price similar? And new packing cubes?
    Last edited by Frank II; 03-03-2009 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeD. View Post
    Needless to say, this was easily the best Monday of my existence and I couldn't resist bragging a little bit.
    We are really glad that you came in, Mike! You saved the day for a number of customers: we were about to tell people that the HP HDX 18 didn't fit in the Size 2XL Brain Cell! It's great to be able to tell them now that it does fit (although the Brain Cell could be just a little wider.) Nice to meet you.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Smile Is the release eminent?

Sorry, but there will be no more preview pictures until the Tristar is officially available for pre-order: but that should be within a month or so.
    Looking at the journey of the synapse and some of the other bags I wonder if the release of the Tristar is truly eminent. As far as I can tell the synapse is yet to be released, and it has been in the works for a long time. (unless it has been released under a different name and i just didn't see it) I am waiting on making several purchases until the Tristar is available but I'm afraid I might be waiting a long time. I guess I'll have to just start buying stuff now I don't think I can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by jlbradburn View Post
    Looking at the journey of the synapse and some of the other bags I wonder if the release of the Tristar is truly eminent. As far as I can tell the synapse is yet to be released, and it has been in the works for a long time. (unless it has been released under a different name and i just didn't see it) I am waiting on making several purchases until the Tristar is available but I'm afraid I might be waiting a long time. I guess I'll have to just start buying stuff now I don't think I can wait.
    Unless something completely unforeseen happens, the Tristar will be available for pre-order late April, early May.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Unless something completely unforeseen happens, the Tristar will be available for pre-order late April, early May.
    Ugh... that's all I need, more choices
    I've got a 2XXLT H. Brain Cell (fits my H-P HDX18t like a glove), a Sapphire/Black Brain Bag with a matching Snake Charmer, a 2XL Vertical Soft Cell, a Sapphire wallet, a Size 4 H. Brain Cell for my wife's laptop and... a school boy's crush on Darcy

Darcy...if pre-orders are late April/early May, any ideas of when shipping may actually begin?

And....will packing cubes be made for the Tristar as well?
    Last edited by Frank II; 03-12-2009 at 05:25 PM.

can we have a taste of the size of the Tristar?

Darcy and Tom:

OK, no pictures. I can live with that.

But how about some hints?

Any idea of how much it will hold (cubic liters and inches)?
    I am soon to be off on a long trip, and wonder if it might be a possible alternative or companion to an aeronaut.

Darcy, you know we'll bug you to death on this......

bb

Quote Originally Posted by fbrown627 View Post
    Darcy...if pre-orders are late April/early May, any ideas of when shipping may actually begin?

And....will packing cubes be made for the Tristar as well?
    I'd have to guess the bags will ship within 3-4 weeks of pre-order....

Yes, the Tristar will have its own packing cubes.

I'm just wondering why no more pictures?
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0