Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The handle resembles the Aeronaut handle, but it's in the same orientation as the Western Flyer.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

pictures, pictures, pleeeeeeeeeeeze
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by peregrina View Post
    pictures, pictures, pleeeeeeeeeeeze
    This partial side shot of the Tristar's side handles[/url] showed up at the OBOW site yesterday, and I see it's in today's blog.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    This partial side shot of the Tristar's side handles[/url] showed up at the OBOW site yesterday, and I see it's in today's blog.
    Errr, not sure why you linked to Tim O'Reilly's blog?

Anyway, the OBOW pic was also referred to earlier in this thread. We want more pics!
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

indeed!! a partial handle is tooo much of a tease
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

I'm very eager. Any idea when you'll be accepting pre-release orders?

[chant] we want pics! we want pics! [/chant]
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Wink

I second/third/fourth what the others are saying...

'the masses are getting restless for pics and more beta re: the Tristar'.

You've got a lot of us 'by the seat of the pants'. LOL

Oh... I so wish this was out now, since I'm taking a week-long vacation to Japan at the end of March. I'll have to buy some other bag instead of this.

I'm interested. I wonder if this is going to be a primary carry on or a secondary (personal item) one. I need to go translate those dimensions.

I would like to say I'm a bit irked right now that everyone is showing interest in this bag. Last year I suggested this very thing (something similar to the Air Boss) as a possible solution for fighting wrinkles (due to the popularity of the Doug D clothes folding method). The replies were either indifferent or I was told to just use my Aeronaut. I thought it might be a popular bag if TB made one. Oh well, I guess I was ahead of the curve!

Looking forward to seeing more (even though I don't need another bag).

I was in the showroom this week and saw the prototype Tristar. I think it might be the ultimate travel bag. It's a bigger version of the Western Flyer, with two zip-down compartments and a middle top-loading compartment, perfect for laptops and other gear that would benefit from the protection of the other sections. One of the two zip-down sections features the zippered divider that is so useful in the Western Flyer--great to keep your shoes from migrating to the other side of the compartment. There will be packing cubes designed specifically for the Tristar, but I would guess that packing cubes made for the Aeronaut and the Western Flyer could be made to work just fine.

All I can say is that I'm counting the days till this is available...

flitcraft,

Does the Tristar have convertible backpack straps, like the Western Flyer and Aeronaut?

Many thanks for the report!

Quote Originally Posted by flitcraft View Post
    I was in the showroom this week and saw the prototype Tristar. I think it might be the ultimate travel bag. It's a bigger version of the Western Flyer, with two zip-down compartments and a middle top-loading compartment, perfect for laptops and other gear that would benefit from the protection of the other sections. One of the two zip-down sections features the zippered divider that is so useful in the Western Flyer--great to keep your shoes from migrating to the other side of the compartment. There will be packing cubes designed specifically for the Tristar, but I would guess that packing cubes made for the Aeronaut and the Western Flyer could be made to work just fine.

All I can say is that I'm counting the days till this is available...
    Sweet, I knew it! Sounds like my perfect bag! Now if we could just get Darcy to post more pics...

Wink

Yup, backpack straps are configured like the mach 2 Western Flyer, and fold neatly away when you're rather have them safely stowed.

Did I mention I can't wait for this bag??
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatriz View Post
    ~drools~

Want! Want!

I'm thinking more and more that I might just shove my stuff in a trash bag for my March trip and cross my fingers that the Tristar will be available before my next trip.
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by scotlib View Post
    How long to pre-order time? Do you want a show of hands for a pre-order of the pre-orders likely, lol? I am assuming the standard three ballistic colors, red, black, steel?
    Me too! I'm SO excited about this bag! I just got accepted to present at another conference and would love to bring my TriStar! (And a 3X Brain Cell that actually fits my Dell properly.)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0