Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Talking

What a pleasant surprise to receive this unusual little wallet in the mail. Thanks to Darcy and everyone else at Tom Bihn!

I had been using a small cordura pouch as a spare cash/change/receipt holder that I keep clipped into my backpack or Ristretto. But I was never fully comfortable with it, because I felt like it was too obvious that I was keeping valuables in there. (As a traveling poker player/reporter, I sometimes carry my bankroll with me, but don't want the bulge in my back pocket.)

Now, with the clear front and the dividers, I can keep innocuous receipts in the front, and money in the back. Nobody will think there's anything of valuable in there if they catch a glimpse of it while I'm at the airport or in other public places.

FYI, mine came with the blue back and the orange/red dividers (orange in front showing through the clear window). A great color combination.

This is now the second freebie that I've received from y'all -- last year it was a medium-sized pouch in the soft ultrasuede material. Both of these customer gifts are among my favorite Tom Bihn products, and that's really saying something!

Darcy,

WOW!! know this is belated but THANKS for the really useful leetle accessory pouch. I am currently using it as an organizer for my CF cards for my camera. I can clip it either on the outside of my pack or in a belt loop so I can quickly swap cards on the run. It easily holds 6 cards in their plastic holders. I love it and seriously THANKS a lot for the wonderful surprise!

Very bummed I wasn't a recipient. Figured that as in year's past, customers would all get goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by gopherblue View Post
    Very bummed I wasn't a recipient. Figured that as in year's past, customers would all get goodies.
    Gopherblue, on top of the topic Darcy said that if a forum member wanted a surprise, they could email her.

The shipping of the surprise was delayed because of bad weather in the Seattle area and also all over the Nortwestern U.S. Your might be on it's way.

I also believe that the website is being upgraded in phases, I think, because it has to be up 24/7 almost since Tom Bihn customers live all over the world.
    Last edited by backpack; 02-13-2009 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrae View Post
    Darcy, is there a plan to sell these later in the year? And will they be made in other sizes?
    Any news on when these will be available for purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Samonid View Post
    Any news on when these will be available for purchase?
    Yeah, I want another and I want to get one for my boyfriend too. =) And depending on how much they cost, maybe I'll buy one or two for friends.

I would love s smaller one, I think... and I'd love bigger ones. They really are so darned useful! I'd even love on that doesn't have the clear front so I could use it as my miscellaneous medications and such pouch.

Sorry for the delay in posting this, but I just wanted to add my thanks for the cool pouch. You guys are great.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by timarelay View Post
    Yeah, I want another and I want to get one for my boyfriend too. =) And depending on how much they cost, maybe I'll buy one or two for friends.

I would love s smaller one, I think... and I'd love bigger ones. They really are so darned useful! I'd even love on that doesn't have the clear front so I could use it as my miscellaneous medications and such pouch.
    yes - same here. very much looking forward to buying these for a friend!

-m

Not that I'm trying to demand or anything because I'm totally happy with my Brain Cells, but this surprise gift looks really useful.

How'd the recipients get picked?

Talking Thank you!!!

I posted my thank you for my surprise under another thread, but wanted to list it here as well. I have been using mine as a wallet since I received it, and am completely in love with it. Just one more great design in the Tom Bihn lineup. All of the folks at work just oooh and ahhh when I show up with another color of my must-have Large Cafe Bag, and they think this new accessory is awesome.
    Keep it up, TB...you guys rock!!!
    Proud user of Tom Bihn products since 2005.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    You're welcome, everyone!

We'll be posting a link soon to the Wallet pre-order page soon with a limited time special for forum members who joined on or before today.

Thanks to all of you for your feedback on the Wallet.
    Last edited by Darcy; 02-17-2009 at 11:43 PM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I'm still trying to get over the "surprise" of my Checkpoint Flyer. It was worth every penny I paid for it. I still can't get over the care in designing and the quality in the construction, not to mention how easily I got through the airport. I will wait as long as I need to for quality, as I know that it can't be rushed. That was MY bonus for the year, finding a company like Tom Binh and the people who work there.

Still need to find the time to do a full review, Darcy.

Volunteer Moderator
    ditto that, backpack!

tom bihn is in a class by itself, unparalleled by any other company i have come across.

-m

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0