Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Oh wow! I got one a few days ago. =) I picked it up on my way to the airport for a trip I just got back from and I immediately set it up as my wallet. I love it! I think I'll be buying more. Possibly an extra for me and one for my boyfriend. I never realized my wallet was such a cumbersome system until I tried something new.

ETA: My boyfriend actually does want one! Which is exciting because I've been trying to figure out how to convert him to Tom Bihn stuff. Any idea when these will be available to order? I should be ready to make my Brain Bag order any day now (I'm vaguely half hoping the the shop bag will be offered in a new color again which will give me an excuse to go ahead and buy it).
    Last edited by timarelay; 02-01-2009 at 03:21 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    THANK YOU TB + CREW!!!

I opened the package, and first thought was: "GENIUS!"

I immediately switched it out with the clear mini organizer pouch I had previously been using for the same purpose - I must say, it solved the only problem I had with using the clear mini organizer pouch as a backup wallet! (The problem was that I used the window to display my bus pass, but I didn't want my credit cards, cash, etc. which were behind the bus pass to show)

Again, thanks so much!!!! =D

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    The strap of the Passport Pouch can be removed and the pouch used in a secure pocket.
    Yes, but I like the design and functionality of the new "wallet" pouch better. It would only have to be a few millimeters bigger all the way around to fit a passport.
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Amazing what a little change to an existing product can do for its usefulness. I didn't receive this (I'm a lurker, not a poster ) but I did receive a little mini pouch as a freebie gift from customer service after the shipping dept accidentally left out something I purchased in an order. I use it all the time as a mini wallet in my current laptop bag. Looks like I might have to order one of these when I get a new, larger laptop bag.

Quote Originally Posted by mruseless View Post
    Yes, but I like the design and functionality of the new "wallet" pouch better. It would only have to be a few millimeters bigger all the way around to fit a passport.
    So you know what you need to do mruseless!
    You have to promote your design idea on this forum.

I thought that was what I was doing

Do you mean start a new thread?
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

I got mine today, really cool, thank you.
    Ideal fo my rail pass.
    Before I used a medium clear organizer pouch and a key strap to hang it on my SmartAlec. I keep it on my lap when I sleep in the train.

yay!!! I got mine today!!! Didn't expect they'd send it across the border but I'm sooooo happy Tom, Darcy & Co. decided to do so. You guys are brilliant. I'll post pictures on my blog soon....
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

I just got mine today too! THANKS to Tom Bihn, Darcy, and the other fine folks at TB. And my wife asked, "What did you order now?"

"Nothing, honestly..." :-)

Many thanks!

Darcy, Tom and everyone at Tom Binh:

Thank you for the wonderful pouch. I only got mine Friday--I'm working away from home, and only get stuff from home after a delay.

I'm going to use mind for a portable phone, and a few business cards--perfect for the life I am leading right now.

You folks are wonderful--I couldn't be a more contented customer.

bb

Volunteer Moderator
    Hi to all the folks at Tom Bihn,

Many thanks for this small pouch ... can we buy more of these? Especially since I discovered there are some in plum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy Morn View Post
    Wow, thanks! It's amazing and... it's plum! Already put to use.
    At the risk of adding another item to the existing load of works in progress, can revive the topic of lanyards?
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    these will also be useful with a lanyard (is that what they're called?) when you're walking through airport security and need to show your id...
    Let me just remind forum readers that nearly two years ago Tom looked into possible designs for lanyards. These would be made of the type of cord as in the accessory pulls (i.e., not the flat keystraps.They sent out a few for testing, and I've been using one with my mini-pouches. I'd love to be able to buy some more.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Let me just remind forum readers that nearly two years ago Tom looked into possible designs for lanyards. These would be made of the type of cord as in the accessory pulls (i.e., not the flat keystraps.They sent out a few for testing, and I've been using one with my mini-pouches. I'd love to be able to buy some more.
    I would really love a lanyard made of cord instead of the flat strapping. It would be perfect for attaching a pouch to a belt loop or something similar, as long as the clips were relatively low profile.
    E

I'm addicted to solar dyneema. I'd love one in that fabric and color.

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigues View Post
    get in line.

I too have been using a mini organizer pouch as a wallet, and showed it to Tom while I was there in September buying stuff. When he asked me what I'd like to see to make it a perfect wallet, I asked for partitions to keep the pesky coins from getting jammed in between the cards.

Darcy, I am really glad you guys ended up making these. I can't wait to buy myself one when they go up on the web.
    I was first

I have used one that way since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by mruseless View Post
    I thought that was what I was doing

Do you mean start a new thread?
    Yeah, I found that a new thread make a new design idea more visible.

People click to the link and debate; I love the idea/not for me, what color/fabric would be best? What could we use it for etc...

It is also more visible to Darcy and Tom who can see the idea about a new design in one thread.

I think an horizontal passport pouch with clear window and dividers is a great idea

I also would like to see one a little longer, able to hold a passport, a boarding pass and also an airline or cc card.
    One little pouch with cord to hold everything from check in to security. It would also be great if the Clear Toiletries Pouch could clip to it.

It will enable us to keep all other bags closed and ready for x ray.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0