Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    It *is* a Mini - I made a typo!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    these will also be useful with a lanyard (is that what they're called?) when you're walking through airport security and need to show your id...

can we see some pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by aiethabell View Post
    Ooh, I GOT MINE! Yesterday morning it was waiting for me.

Wow, Darcy, you couldn't have sent me a more useful item. It modified my most-used _____ in the most awesome way. Those two foam panels keep my stuff where I need it.

Thank you, thank you... Tom Bihn rocks!

And - insert evil chuckle here - I'm not going to say anything more, just to avoid spoiling the surprise for all the rest of you... bwahaahaa

I live about 30 miles from Tom Bihn, so if you haven't gotten yours yet, wait a little longer
    id be at the store once a week

Thumbs up Wow & Oh My Gosh! What a wonderful surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    A new accessory was shipped to many of our forum members today. Only a limited quantity of this accessory was available - if you didn't receive one and you think you should have, email me.

Post your thoughts here once you've received it.
    WOW and Oh My Gosh! My surprise arrived today! This is too cool! I, too, have seriously modified another article I haul around down to a nice manageable packet! So much easier to find those vital things now!

Someone else asked if these would be available in different sizes. I would sure be grateful if they would. I can think of a million plus uses for them!

You guys all ROCK! Thank you Tom, Darcy and all!

aching to see new TB product

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post

can we see some pictures?
    Please? I am aching to see the new TB accessory!! don't make me suffer

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Yup! It's a wallet. It's a Mini Clear Organizer Pouch with Ultrasuede dividers that give you three divided compartments for credit cards/id/cash. It will be available for pre-order this week.
    Ooh, that sounds cool. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures. Maybe I'll throw one into my Brain Bag order. =)

Smile

Dear Darcy,

I respectfully request a cut of the profit and a share of the copyrighted idea!

I have been using one of my mini organizer pouch as a divided wallet ever since I ordered a slew of plum/purple/blue regular pouches, granted, the dividers are not silky smooth suede but promotional membership cards made of stiff cardboard.

As a wallet, the mini organizer pouch is a winner!

First, it doesn't look like a wallet and by the time a pickpocket tries to find out which pouch is the money holder, you will be at your destination!

Second, it is really compact.

Third, you can buy many in different colors to coordinate with all your Tom Bihn Bags.

Fourth, it is too small to fit the content of the Bank of England, so if one happens to find a yarn shop, one is limited to cash at hand.

Fifth, they make great gifts.
    Last edited by backpack; 01-26-2009 at 08:50 PM.

*** Spoiler!! *** Pics of the 2009 suprise accessory! (Thank you Tom Bihn crew!)

Hey, All!

First of all a great big thank you to the Tom Bihn crew! I was thrilled to get one of the 2009 suprise accessories today when I got home! It really is a neat little item, and I already have a bunch of uses for it!

* Spoiler Alert! *

* Spoiler Alert! *

* Spoiler Alert! *

* Spoiler Alert! *

For those who want to see... spoiler pictures ahead! For those who don't... TURN back now!

* End Spoiler Alert! On to the Pics! *

Here is a shot of the 2009 suprise accessory: The Tom Bihn Wallet!

How big is it? Well, here's a comparison next to a standard US dollar bill:

And here is the really clever bit: it has these little fabric dividers that are cut in such a way that you can organize your cash and cards and such to easily get to them... with a clear face for the front section. I tried to get two pics to show the design below with some actual stuff so you can see it:

And finally, a shot of the wallet clipped on the snap hook on my Brain Bag's front compartment!

Once again I am amazed at how Tom & Co. can take a relatively simple idea and, with a few subtle design enhancements, transform it into something special. This is exactly the right size to hold some cash, some credit cards, and your ID or business cards. The dividers, besides protecting your credit cards from scratches, allow for quick and easy access to the compartments with the alternate tab design. And the addition of the clip allows you to quickly snap it in and out of your bag as needed.

Thank you again for the goodie! You guys really are a special company on many levels, and we appreciate it!

--Bob
    ----------------
    Bob P.
    Magic Tiki Studios

Empire Builder (black/steel), Brain Bag (steel), Small Padded Organizer Pouch, Clear Wallet, Soft Cell, Snake Charmer (cayenne) and assorted trimmings.

Volunteer Moderator
    thanks for sharing the pictures!

this looks very cool!

i can't wait for these to come on sale!

thanks!
    -m

Wow! This was a surprise! Thank you.

I got mine today! I can't wait to use it-- I think it will be a great addition for my Medium Cafe bag!

Thank you!

Thank you so much for sharing pictures! It's a really neat idea. I'm attached to my current wallet... but I have to admit it's a bit bulky and I often have trouble getting my cards out of it. If not to replace my wallet, I could use one of these to trim the bulk and as a way to keep things like coupons and member cards.

I want one! Looks really useful.

Talking Thank you!!!

Like the previous poster, I don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone else. But all I can say is "wow!!". It's this kind of thoughtfulness that is always appreciated. What a cool addition to my Tom Bihn collection. I'm a dedicated Bihn-bag guy!! :-)
    Proud user of Tom Bihn products since 2005.

The wallet looks great in the pictures posted. When will it be available for purchase? I've been looking for a slim wallet for a while now and this looks like it will fit the bill.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0