S.Ego vs CPF vs Zephyr

I'm seriously considering a Checkpoint Flyer for future purchase, but I was wondering about the carrying capacity of the main compartment. Specifically, what are the dimensions of said compartment - I envision carrying files, magazines, surgical instruments (I'm an ophthalmologist), as well as miscellaneous gadgets and even a change of clothes from time to time. Will this be possible for the CPF? Or should I consider the Super Ego/Ego or Zephyr instead. I like the Ego/Super Ego, but it's not quite professional looking, and the Zephyr a bit too staid for my taste. I just really like the look of the Checkpoint Flyer, and it's TSA-friendly layout is a big plus. Any thoughts or suggestions? Anyone with the CPF find it adequate for similar carrying needs? Thanks in advance!

Yes, towards that same end, I wonder what the overall dimensions of the Checkpoint Flyer are WITHOUT the Checkpoint Flyer Laptop Case, which I would only need to use on my once every few months business trips.

I see that the with the Laptop Case it's 7.5" wide...hopefully that dimension is greatly reduced with the laptop case left home, as maneuvering around NYC's subways at rush hour with a briefcase that wide is almost like picking a fight!!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The main compartment of the Checkpoint Flyer is about 70mm or 2.75" thick and 18" x 12".
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The main compartment of the Checkpoint Flyer is about 70mm or 2.75" thick and 18" x 12".
    Thanks, Darcy!

That's actually a beautiful non-bulky size for a daily commute. It sounds like I could put my 2.5 pound netbook in a sleeve in that main compartment for when I don't need the extra protection.

With the added convenience of being able to snap the laptop part in and out for heavier loads as needed for traveling, I'm going to order one of these babies tomorrow!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0