TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

What do you carry in your bag?

Our goal over the next few months is to add a list on each bag page of what users of that bag carry inside of it. For example, on the Medium Cafe Bag page would be:

Sherry S. carries in her Medium Cafe Bag:
    Paperback book
    2 Pens
    Checkbook
    Wallet
    Keys
    Water Bottle
    Small Camera
    Cell Phone

Another example would be this packing list recently posted by pretzelb.

The idea is that this would help give people a sense of the size of a bag, or help them choose between several bags.

Could you share your "packing lists" for each of your bags with us? From Kit to Aeronaut, Checkpoint Flyer to Swift, we'd like them all. A text list is great - but if you happen to have a picture or the time to take one, that would be appreciated, too!

Thank you.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thank you!!! This is exactly what I'd hoped for.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

"The first thing I did was see how many medical texts I could get in it, over 3000 pages in the main if anyone wondered(thats Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine(two volume set), Robbins Pathologic Basis of Disease, Kandel Principles of Neural Science, and Boron Medical Physiology) obviously I don't CARRY that but it does fit. "

My word, that is literally 50 pounds of texts! That is very impressive, indeed.
    Imago in cocoa/cocoa/wasabi, Medium Cafe Bag in plum/wasabi, Swift in cork, steel stuff sack, steel pen/pencil pouch, plum clear organizer wallet, small cork pouch and steel/cork/wasabi Imago

Just got my ID. It's a really nice bag! Although slightly on the large side... I'll wear it fot a week before I list the contents of the bag here...
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

Super Moderator
    peregrina -- that top shot of your med. Cafe bag is great -- Bihn should pay to use it as a product shot

timothy

Thanks!
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

thanks to this thread i ordered a klean kanteen!

Puddin

I hope you enjoy klean kanteen as much as I do! they are great water bottles...

I've moved most of the posts from this thread to our new forum - Packing Lists

Thanks to everyone who posted here!

In my Brain Bag.

Moving around town:

1) Laptop (in vertical soft-cell).
    2) Snake-charmer (25' network cable and assorted power cords)
    3) Books
    4) 1L Water bottle

While traveling out of town
    1) Laptop in vertical soft-cell
    2) snake charmer (network cable, power cords and plug adapters)
    3) books
    4) 5 days worth of casual clothes (wrinkle resistant/tolerant is a good idea).
    5) TSA acceptable toiletries

I would love to be able to add my water bottle to the load when traveling out of town, but the mesh bottle pocket doesn't work so well when the bag is full.
    Last edited by klevin; 03-30-2009 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by klevin View Post
    I would love to be able to add my water bottle to the load when traveling out of town, but the mesh bottle pocket doesn't work so well when the bag is full.
    I asked Tom about that when I bought my own Brain Bag, and he said that pocket wasn't intended for that purpose, rather that pocket was meant more for boarding passes, etc.
    I've got a 2XXLT H. Brain Cell (fits my H-P HDX18t like a glove), a Sapphire/Black Brain Bag with a matching Snake Charmer, a 2XL Vertical Soft Cell, a Sapphire wallet, a Size 4 H. Brain Cell for my wife's laptop and... a school boy's crush on Darcy

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0