Brain Cell for Lenovo T400 with 6 cell battery?

I was looking at the Brain Cell for my soon to arrive Lenovo T400 laptop. Although the fit guide looks like it suggests that the size 4 Brain Cell, I don't think it will fit.

That is because the depth of the computer with the 4 cell battery and the 6 cell battery is not the same. The 6 cell battery is one inch deeper than the 4 cell battery which means that the depth is going to be greater than 9.4 inches.

I think there is actually an error in some of the Lenovo documentation. Here is a link to with some of the pictures of the computers with the batteries.

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/m...hread.id=13811

stephenkyu- I have the TP T400 with the 4-cell battery and it fits very nicely in my size 4 Brain Cell; the flap just closes with little room to spare. It is my understanding that the 6 cell battery sticks out of the back and unfortunately, I don't think the Brain Cell will close with a 6-cell battery attached; this may be an acceptable situation for you.

best

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    Please send us the over-all dimensions when you receive your new laptop; the new 4Z size is a yet again a little deeper than the 4X @ 9.8" deep.
    Also note that we are in the midsts of resizing some of our Brain Cells to accommodate extended batteries on some of the newer PCs, so look for some changes early next year.

T400 with 6-cell battery: 13.25" x 10.5" x 1.25"

I thought the 6-cell would fit into my size 4 brain cell, but it did not :/ The flaps will not close
    Last edited by shaddyz; 02-20-2009 at 10:01 AM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shaddyz View Post
    T400 with 6-cell battery: 13.25" x 10.5" x 1.25"

I thought the 6-cell would fit into my size 4 brain cell, but it did not :/ The flaps will not close
    You can adjust the sling inside of the Brain Cell so that it - and your laptop - hangs lower in the bag, possibly allowing you to close the top flaps. Let us know if that works or doesn't!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenkyu View Post
    I was looking at the Brain Cell for my soon to arrive Lenovo T400 laptop. Although the fit guide looks like it suggests that the size 4 Brain Cell, I don't think it will fit.

That is because the depth of the computer with the 4 cell battery and the 6 cell battery is not the same. The 6 cell battery is one inch deeper than the 4 cell battery which means that the depth is going to be greater than 9.4 inches.

I think there is actually an error in some of the Lenovo documentation. Here is a link to with some of the pictures of the computers with the batteries.

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/m...hread.id=13811
    I was looking through the old links, and this link no longer appears active. Here's another which still works, and which has embedded images showing views of the different batteries extending beyond the edge of the T400 laptop. You may have to scroll down slightly to see the image.

moriond

Smile

Okay, so after undoing the sling completely, I was able to close to top flaps. It's not ideal, but I think it should work out fine. Thank you for the suggestion darcy.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0