brain cell colours?

Just wondering... the pictures show it in UN Blue and Flame, but the ordering drop-down list has Sapphire and Crimson instead. I guess the latter overrides the former?

And are there any plans to make it in any other colours any time soon (aubergine!)? If so, I'd love to know so that I can bide my time and get the Brain Cell of my dreams (size 5 aubergine!)?

Thanks!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    U.N. Blue has been discontinued, and we now have Crimson instead of Flame.

Is aubergine is eggplant? So, a darker purple?

It's unlikely we will be making the Brain Cell in purple or anything close to it. We wouldn't mind -- I'm afraid they just wouldn't sell.

The only new color we will have is actually an old color - Wasabi! Look for it coming soon.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks for the quick reply, Darcy! Wot, no purple? No other fans of mauve or amethyst or heliotrope or eggplant out there? Oh well.

Actually, Wasabi sounds good tho... any idea when you'll be rolling it out?

Ooh and one last question - I tried to find a pic in the threads showing what Smoke looks like - would you say it's more a matte battleship grey, or a shiny silvery grey?

I know the bags do the job no matter what colour they are, but appreciate you guys's adventurousness with colours. Many thanks for answering picky colour questions from someone who's as much into aesthetics as ergonomics!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I'd guess the Size 5 Brain Cell in Wasabi should be available by early May.

Smoke is lighter than battleship grey, but it is not shiney or silvery. Maybe 'Cement' would be a better way to describe it.

We are slowly replacing Smoke with Steel. Steel is a darker, richer grey with blue undertones.

I understand about color! Believe me, we have many discussions about it here. Personally I don't like Cocoa, Periwinkle, or Spruce. I like our primary colors such as the Crimson, Sapphire, Eggplant. However, the Spruce, Cocoa, and Periwinkle do have their advocates here, which is good because those colors do sell.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes