Thread: Zephyr for sale

Zephyr for sale

Removed by moderator. See post #7 in this thread.
    Last edited by Darcy; 09-08-2008 at 12:30 PM.

Super Moderator
    (sent p.m.)

timothy

I'd like to sell one of my bags but I'm too compliant to post it here and too lazy to post it on ebay. One of these days hopefully I'll post it on Craigslist or Ebay.

I tried selling it on Ebay but I don't think people understand Tom Bihn quality there. Most of the stuff that's up there is mass market. You need to be a fan of Tom Bihn or Tumi to appreciate the design and execution of his bags.

I have bought several Bihn and Waterfield Bags on Ebay for that exact reason.
    All have been exceptional deals!

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by bocaboy View Post
    I tried selling it on Ebay but I don't think people understand Tom Bihn quality there. Most of the stuff that's up there is mass market. You need to be a fan of Tom Bihn or Tumi to appreciate the design and execution of his bags.
    You can post it on ebay and list that here. I just don't have the time (or energy) to get things set up there. I wouldn't mind being able to directly sell it here- it would be easier.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    It's not OK to sell your Tom Bihn bags through this forum. I know this isn't made clear in our forum rules/guidelines, so we'll work on that.

While I realize this would be convenient for some, we choose not to put the large amount of time and resources into managing a craiglist or eBay style component to our forums. There are liability and safety concerns that are best handled by those, like eBay, whose business it is to offer folks a place to sell their stuff. Our time needs to be spent designing and making new bags.

It IS OK to post a link to an eBay (or similar) auction on the forums. Please see this forum thread for more information. We offer this as a convenience: I'm not sure how many companies would allow this, but we realize that it will allow you to reach a wider audience who may be interested in your used bag.

I have edited bocaboy's original post to remove the sale information.
    Last edited by Darcy; 09-08-2008 at 12:38 PM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Darcy, I totally understand the problem regarding liability. My intent was not to defraud anyone, only to try and recapture some of my investment in my fine Tom Bihn bag. If I had known that I could paste the Ebay link into a post, I would have done so.

Your company makes a fine product. If only my back were built to the same standards I'd be in better shape!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Thanks for your understanding, bocaboy!! We'll work on updating our forum guidelines to include the info about eBay links.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I'm aware of your policy re posting sales here directly. It's just wishful thinking that this might change one of these days.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0