Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up Introducing the "checkpoint friendly" Checkpoint Flyer Briefcase by TOM BIHN

Bravo! This is a great looking bag. I really like my SE. I also don't travel by air enough to justify the CpFLB purchase; but if I did, it would be at the top of my list.
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Introducing the "checkpoint friendly" Checkpoint Flyer Briefcase by TOM BIHN

SEATTLE, WA -- August 18th, 2008
    TOM BIHN, a designer, manufacturer, and retailer of laptop bags, backpacks, messenger bags, and briefcases, has introduced the Checkpoint Flyer Laptop Briefcase, a new "checkpoint friendly" briefcase-style laptop bag with a highly protective compartment for a laptop computer.

Read the entire press release at the TOM BIHN Blog or go directly to the Checkpoint Flyer.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Checkpoint Flyer Briefcase

WOW! That is one cool looking bag and a fascinating concept. I can't wait to see the functionality of SHOW LAPTOP. More pics please !!! Is that Tom in the pics? If so, he looks excellent as a model !!

TB/Darcy - Congratulations! The bag looks great. I expect I'll be ordering one to add to my ever growing collection. Now if you're looking for an average guy review, I'll be going to Nebraska this Saturday, I'd be happy to test it out!! :>)

By the way - this black, steel, crimson thing, I think I'm detecting a pattern....

Wow ... that's much better looking than I thought it would be. (Why did I doubt Tom?) It also seems much more useful than I imagined based on the text-only descriptions.

One question -- which section holds the laptop? It looks like the Crimson part is an organizer flap, and then there are two other compartments. Does the laptop go in the middle compartment, or the back compartment? I'm not clear on how it transitions from carrying mode to X-ray mode. (Does it separate into two pieces? Or does it simply fold in a certain way so the laptop section is isolated on the conveyor belt?)

Nice touch -- I *love* the Checkpoint Flyer logo.

I actually do not understand how this bag works?
    The Pics give no clue to me about it and there is no real description either other than to say that it is configured quickly for the machine.

Please tell us exactly what makes this bag work.

I do like the way it looks,I think?

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by BJ Nemeth View Post
    One question -- which section holds the laptop? It looks like the Crimson part is an organizer flap, and then there are two other compartments. Does the laptop go in the middle compartment, or the back compartment? I'm not clear on how it transitions from carrying mode to X-ray mode. (Does it separate into two pieces? Or does it simply fold in a certain way so the laptop section is isolated on the conveyor belt?)
    We're working on pictures to show exactly how it works. Later on, we'll post video. For right now, here's a description:

To expedite your passage through the checkpoint, as you approach the checkpoint, hold both of the Checkpoint Flyer's handles in one hand while unsnapping the front flap's buckles with the other hand. At the conveyor belt, lay the Checkpoint Flyer on its back, lift and unfold the flap in one direction and the laptop padded compartment/case in the other direction; then return the flap to its original position. Takes less time to do than to say it. Think 3 seconds or so. It's sort of like unwrapping a burritio to add some salsa to it!

Thanks, Darcy. That was my first thought when I saw it, and my preference -- the laptop is in between two different sections, providing an *extra* buffer of protection. Thankfully, there doesn't appear to be a limit to how many different Tom Bihn bags I can purchase. :-)

If this is successful, is there any chance we'll see future colors other than crimson, steel, and black?

Very cool bag. Crimson/black/steel is also my favorite combo ;p

Airlines are poised to start offering wifi access on jets too!
    Delta to offer WiFi on all domestic flights

See this quick animated gif for how the bag unfolds. Video and still pictures coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It's sort of like unwrapping a burritio to add some salsa to it!
    But I suck at burritos...they always fall apart on me :/

I hope that's not indicative of the bag

In all seriousness, it looks nice. I rarely travel, so it's not very useful to me..but I look forward to the videos nonetheless!

OK I get it! Pretty cool solution!! Could you please rebuild your ani-gif to replay continuously? My page refresh does not invoke a replay.
    Thanks.

See this quick animated gif for how the bag unfolds. Video and still pictures coming soon!

You guys rock. That bag is sweet! I really am thinking a little harder about picking this one up. On question. Will the 17" Mac Book laptop case hold a Lenovo T61P?
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

Congrats. It looks like a neat bag. I agree with others that you will need those other images to show how it works. The only problem will be making sure all the TSA agents know you can do this and not force you to take it out of the bag.

I enjoyed the pictures from the Seattle airport. I got to shout "Hey, I've been there!!!". I do miss traveling there.

Quote Originally Posted by pretzelb View Post
    ...The only problem will be making sure all the TSA agents know you can do this and not force you to take it out of the bag.
    I thought of that myself; but it looks like you can simply unzip the laptop case, and flip it open like the Archetype.

that reminds me, can we get that in cork fabric?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0