LSJ

Smile Best bag for 3/4 day break.

Hi Bihners.
    Been looking for a bag thats ideal for a short break. I dont want anything too big, been looking at the Ego or ID im thinking the super Ego will be too big, anyone got any suggestions. Thanks.

By "short break," do you mean three-fourths of a day, or 3-4 days?

To give proper advice, we'll need to know what you plan to carry (what types of things and how many). It doesn't sound like you'll be needing a laptop, but will you want a water bottle (like a SIGG)? A few books or magazines? Cellphone and iPod? Will this be your travel luggage, including clothes and toiletries, or is this bag in addition to another piece of luggage?

You get the idea ... tell us what you need from a bag, and we'll happily point you in the right direction ...

LSJ

Smile

A bag for a 3-4 day break. Will not be taking my laptop but clothes, magazines, toiletries, shoes etc will on the agenda.
    Will the Ego/ID be sufficient or would the Super Ego be a better choice with the QAM strap.

Super Moderator
    Hi!

Part of the answer might be tied to how big a person you are.

I am a 5'10" guy, and find the Super Ego (however, I don't own an Ego) a reasonable size, not outlandish by any means for 3-4 days. I am also not the ultra-light-weight packer that some people are, despite onoing improvements and excellent intent. What kind of weather will you be packing for, and if it's anything but mild will you already be wearing a warm / waterproof outer layer?

timothy

LSJ
    Im 5'8, 180 lbs. Will need enough room for a jacket, some clothes, shoes, magazines, toiletries, camera, binos, food and drink.
    Love the designs on both the Egos and the ID.
    Dont think the ID will be big enough, but its hard to tell the size unless you actually have the bag infront of you.

Super Moderator
    If you're comfortable revealing your general location, there might be someone near you who could bring one or the other for you to try. I suspect you're not in / near Seattle, though, or you could just go to the factory showroom. (Attention Tom Bihn: think Tupperware! )

I certainly caught tbe Bihn bug from a coworker (a few of them, actually) who showed me their Bihn bags at a conference. 5'8 / 180 lbs, I would suggest the Super Ego, myself -- it might be useful to have those few extra liters at some point ...

timothy

LSJ

Thumbs up

Thanks Timothy i think the Super Ego will be a better choice. Its probably better to have the extra room and not need it, than to need the room and not have it.
    I also like the idea of being able to carry the bag in different ways with the QAM strap.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0