Ristretto New Sizes?

Hey gang.

It has been a few months since I last broke this topic, so I thought as a redux I would ask if there is any update.

Do we know when the Risetto will begin to be offered in larger sizes?

Thanks!

-Brandon

Anyone?

Bueller?

brantroz, I've been waiting too.

Hopefully Darcy might tell us if Mr. Bihn is still working on them.

I'm hoping for one that will fit a 15" MacBook Pro.

Fitz
    Last edited by fitzDaug; 07-24-2008 at 10:52 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tom's currently putting the finishing touches on a new size of Ristretto designed to fit the EEE PC and the Kindle.

Sizes for laptops much larger than the 13" MacBook are somewhat unlikely: it may be that a Ristretto sized for a 15" laptop would be too long and unwieldy. That said, a horizontal version of the Ristretto may be a possibility.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Darcy---Thank you for the update.

I was hoping just to re-iterate my love for the vertical messenger style. When I first brought the product idea to this forum (back before the Risetto was launched)--there was a lot of support for a Vertical Messenger w/ internal sleeve to carry standard work-issue laptops.

If there is any chance of reconsidering--please put some thought towards a larger vertical messenger! There are a million horizonal bags out there that might fit the bill (I've owned 4-5), but my love of Tom Bihn quality and the vertical style keep me hoping that something will come in this mode.

Best regards,

-Brandon

We will definitely consider all of that, and keep you posted! New sizes of Ristretto are a priority so this will be an issue that's revisted often. And don't hesitate to keep reminding us.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thank you much for the update, Darcy.

I'm in the same boat as Brantroz.
    Brain Bag, The Aeronaut, Empire Builder, The Buzz, (patiently waiting for a larger Ristretto )

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Tom's currently putting the finishing touches on a new size of Ristretto designed to fit the EEE PC and the Kindle.

Just curious, is this still in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by JetJammer View Post
    Just curious, is this still in the works?
    It is, but I'm not sure when it will be released - maybe summer.

I noticed that the Ristretto page mentions that the newly redesigned Ristretto is available for pre-order and ships by mid-July.

Darcy - do you have any more information for us?

Thanks.
    Western Flyer, Brain Cell, Horizontal Freudian Slip, Packing Cubes, Absolute Strap, Small Cafe Bag, Various Organizer Pouches

What has been redesigned?

We'll be posting a list of the design improvements and a picture of the new bag late today.

Uff -- the suspense is killing me

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0