Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    After reading these, I wonder whether bag preference is impacted by the way you wear the strap: across the torso or over the shoulder?

Smile Great point!

Quote Originally Posted by mrae View Post
    After reading these, I wonder whether bag preference is impacted by the way you wear the strap: across the torso or over the shoulder?
    That is an excellent point to review. Tnx for pointing that out mrae. In a similar vein I was pondering today the idea of delineating a series of review questions that buyers should consider before selecting a purchase. Something akin to a 'bag wizard'.

In another vein, I just had a recent and unexpected infusion of cashola so I will be keeping my Medium Cafe bag after all. Woo hoo!

I still have on order my Imago, and will now be able to do a complete review of both, as well as contrast vertical and horizontal bags. This is gonna be great! I am taking a short trip for a few days so this will be a perfect time to start vetting the Medium Cafe Bag. I will use it as a personal bag at the airport later.

I have loaded it up and added a few strapeez flourishes as well. I will be posting a few pics of the bag on the road when I return. I will also be incorporating strap wear method data in my review. mrae has a great point and I am curious enough to do some field trials myself. I think I will also incorporate length of strap data too (above the belt line, below the belt line, etc.)
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

I just recently came back from a trip using the Imago as my airplane carry-on bag, and was able to compare it to the Medium Cafe Bag I had used before.

My loadout is usually a shoulder bag across my chest, or hanging off one shoulder, and a 1800 cu-in. backpack of sorts. The openings of my shoulder bags tend to be slightly above belt line, since that's where my hands are most comfortable reaching for.

The Imago carries very well across the shoulder sitting on my hip. It won't sag much, and when swung around up front it offers easy access to contents with its wide opening. However, in my case sitting on the hip was not possible when carrying a backback, so the Imago often ended up on front of me, to my side, or sitting squarely on my right front pocket. In this position it's a tad bulky.

The MCB, on the other hand, sits very well hanging on my side or slightly to the front. Its slimmer profile makes it less obtrusive and easier to carry. However, because it's slightly longer than the Imago, when sitting near my hip my legs have a tendency to bang on the bottom of the bag. The narrower opening and deeper recess also invites more digging around looking for stuff.

For me, the Imago is good when sitting squarely on the hip. The MCB is good when sitting at an angle either in front of behind me. Both have their uses, although personally I've found the Imago my go-to bag for now.

I tend to wear my Imago strap across my torso, with the bag resting on the front of my right hip. I find it very comfortable. Since I wear it that way, it doesn't get in the way of a backpack, if I'm wearing one. I'm guessing I'll wear the cafe bag in a similar way.

Ex machina, yay for getting to keep your Medium cafe bag!

Quote Originally Posted by mrae View Post
    I'm definitely an across the torso strap person. The only bags I wear over my shoulder are tote bags and purses that are designed to be carried that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0