Some other Macbook options

I recently realized that the Radtech company is located here in St.Louis.
    You might recognize the name from the interesting and innovative products they advertise for the Mac in many publications and on the Web.

Well aside from the total nightmare of attempting to find thier Factory Outlet Store in an industrial park here,I did see and try some really nice gear.

While they distribute and sell various cases and accessories for Macs and Ipods the one that got my attention the most is a case they manufacture called the "Mac Truck".
    This thing is the most heavy duty case I have ever seen for a mac AND it is designed to be used while the Mac is in it.The case is two sheets of floded aluminum(thick aluminum)with a full length hinge and a "Slam Latch" that is bigger than the computer all the way around. The computer sits inside on prescision cut memory foam and the fit is exact.
    When closed the machine is cradled on all corners and can not move around.
    When opened the top allows the Mac to be opened and used without moving or removing it at all. It allos for a decent open angle from the first open postion and then opens to a fuller postion that allows full screen angle and provides a keyboard tilt too.

I don't think this case gives the kind of drop protection that the Brain Cell or other "sling" design cases do but it does provide absolute cruch and bash protection unlike any other Mac case I know of except maybe an Otterbox or Pelican type case(which are also waterproof too).

Oddly the case is not really that large,I was able to slip one into another Brain Cell I have?

These cases are made for every Mac portable and they remind me of my Panasonic Toughbooks more than anything. They are not as tough as a full Toughbook but you can also just take the Mac out and slim it down with ZERO effort.

Anyway this is one serious case.
    Be sure to look it up and check it out.

I will try to post a link and maybe a picture later.

http://www.radtech.us/Products/MacTruck.aspx#

Way Cool though!

Ed
    Last edited by AVService; 07-07-2008 at 05:50 AM. Reason: added link

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0