Pouch for 60w magsafe?

I'm getting ready to order a bag, and would like to get a padded organizer for my power adapter. I have a 13" macbook so therefore have the 60w magsafe adapter. Unfortunately I'm not at home so can't measure the dimensions of the adapter, but I was hoping someone here might know which organizer pouch would best fit the power adapter. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

I keep my Macbook in a Brain Cell which clips securely into place in a Zephyr bag. The Brain Cell has an outer pocket made of stretchy webbing which is perfect for storing the MagSafe AC adapter.

I have been extremely happy with the Zephyr/Brain Cell combo, and it's kept my Macbook in pristine shape. If you are choosing another Bihn bag for your Macbook, I would strongly suggest making sure the Brain Cell fits inside of it, and then buying one along with your bag.

Quote Originally Posted by smurray View Post
    I'm getting ready to order a bag, and would like to get a padded organizer for my power adapter. I have a 13" macbook so therefore have the 60w magsafe adapter. Unfortunately I'm not at home so can't measure the dimensions of the adapter, but I was hoping someone here might know which organizer pouch would best fit the power adapter. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by smurray View Post
    Mouse over view h on the product page for clear pouches to see a medium size pouch with enclosed power brick and extension cord, then go to the views of the padded pouches that show relative sizes of medium and small or medium, small, and mini pouches to determine whether you want to use a small or medium pouch. (If you're only carrying the power adapter without the extension cord you can use the small pouch, and the above images will let you judge relative sizes). HTH.

I use a 15" MBP and carry it within a Zephyr/Brain cell combo. I carry my magsafe power adapter in the zip pouch which is underneath the front flap of the bag. I carry the power cord with the adapter (rather than the 2 prong plug) as I need the extra length. Plenty of room in the pouch and a simple velco strap keeps the AC power cord tamed and the little ears on the adapter handle the magsafe cord nicely too.

I do not store the adapter in the brain cell mesh pocket as I find it consumes too much space in the main compartment of the bag.

Brain Cell

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but could someone let me know if those two tabs/buttons holding the stretchy webbed pocket on one side of the Brain Cell snaps open? I read somewhere that it opens but I'm unsure and don't want to force it and rip the pocket off my Brain Cell. Thanks!

Oh, btw, I use the 'small' padded organizer pouch which fits the extension cord and 3" x 3" Magsafe brick for the MBP 17.
    Luis P.
    If it doesn't fit in your Tom Bihn bag, leave it behind

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lpotr4 View Post
    I don't mean to hijack this thread, but could someone let me know if those two tabs/buttons holding the stretchy webbed pocket on one side of the Brain Cell snaps open? I read somewhere that it opens but I'm unsure and don't want to force it and rip the pocket off my Brain Cell. Thanks!
    Yes! It snaps open. It's a stretchy pocket for papers/file folders, or power supply/travel mouse. You shouldn't be able to rip the pocket off unless you're a superhero.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Having just purchased the Ego and a Brain Cell, I have to say I am having a ton of fun trying new ways of packing these two up! I have to agree with jonjake, the mesh pocket works very well for storing the MagSafe adapter (I also have a 13" MacBook). If not and a "new" accessory in the offing, try a Snake Charmer!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0