Smart alec and weather proofing

Hey all,

I just had a question regarding how water resistant the smart alec is as compared to the brain bag. I noticed the brain bag had a paragraph devoted to the water resistant coatings applied inside and out, and is also marketed together with nikwax, and both of those are absent on the smart alec page. I think the brain bag might be too large for my purposes, but i'm worried about being caught in a downpour with my laptop in the smart alec. How weatherproof is it? Can nikwax be used on it? If the laptop is inside a braincell inside the smart alec I can't imagine it would get wet, but I just want to be as cautious as possible. Thanks.

Matt

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hi Matt,

Good question!

The lack of mention of Nikwax on the Smart Alec page doesn't mean anything: the Smart Alec is just as water resistant as the Brain Bag and you can use Nikwax on both bags. One difference between the two is that the Brain Bag has flaps covering its zippers to help keep water out while the zippers themselves on the Smart Alec are splash-proof. Another difference is that the exterior of the Brain Bag is 1000d Cordura while the exterior of the Smart Alec is ballistic Nylon.
    Last edited by Darcy; 05-04-2008 at 08:28 AM.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0