Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Brain Cell Colors ~ where is Blue

I just called the retail store to see if there was an ETA for a Blue 4x Brain Cell and was sad to learn that "in order to keep things fresh" there are no plans for Blue.....

I work with several other Bihn Bag carriers and to date am the only one who has(d) a Blue Brain cell (size 4) and since I bought a new machine and need the 4x, I was hoping to keep the same color scheme so that I would be less likely to confuse my bag/cell with anyone else.

So, as a long time customer and avid Bihn Bag carrier, I'm voicing my desire for Blue to be returned to the stable of available colors.

I may be alone, and if I am, so be it ~ but at least Tom/Darcy will know where I stand.

I was in the same boat. I have a size 3S Wasabi Brain Cell for my IBM/Lenovo T60. I just brought a T61P w/15.4" screen. It's way too big for the 3S Brain Cell; but I couldn't pick up another Wasabi in the right size. So I picked up the Black color for my Super Ego. It looks good in there, and matches the outside of the bag. It's OK for me since I still have the T60, and I needed a case for it anyway. So I now I have two Brain Cells.

There was a thread a while ago where they asked the forum members what colors they liked. While I voted for Wasabi (go figure), it didn't get many votes. Black, Steel, and Crimson were the big winners.
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
    I just called the retail store to see if there was an ETA for a Blue 4x Brain Cell and was sad to learn that "in order to keep things fresh" there are no plans for Blue.....

I work with several other Bihn Bag carriers and to date am the only one who has(d) a Blue Brain cell (size 4) and since I bought a new machine and need the 4x, I was hoping to keep the same color scheme so that I would be less likely to confuse my bag/cell with anyone else.

So, as a long time customer and avid Bihn Bag carrier, I'm voicing my desire for Blue to be returned to the stable of available colors.
    Alas, Shamrock and MikeL, it was already too late for you at the end of September. See the thread If the Brain Cell came in only two colors... and my post about the availability of Deep Blue and Wasabi. I guess sapphire might eventually make a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Alas, Shamrock and MikeL, it was already too late for you at the end of September. See the thread If the Brain Cell came in only two colors... and my post about the availability of Deep Blue and Wasabi. I guess sapphire might eventually make a comeback.

That's the thread I was looking for moriond! I'm still the proud owner of a Wasabi Brain Cell, so I'm; good. It'll do a great job protecting my 2nd laptop.
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

Will the 6T brain cell be available in crimson anytime soon?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Patrick:

No...Cayenne has replaced Crimson (for now).
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Patrick:

No...Cayenne has replaced Crimson (for now).
    That's too bad. My ID is black/steel/crimson, and I don't think I want to add cayenne to the mix, so I'll just have to choose between steel or black.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0